QBDBMgrn not running on this computer is an error that occurs in QuickBooks while using the program in multi-user mode. Since it is an essential component of the program, let’s examine why it stops running and how to fix it.
QBDBMgrN, also known as QuickBooks Database Server Manager, is a function in QuickBooks that allows multiple users to access the database and company files stored on a hosted server. Despite its significance, many users report it not running efficiently and causing issues. For example, it shows the “qbdbmgrn not running on this computer server” error message when the QBDBMgrN service is disabled on the computer.
This issue can affect users significantly as their working routine gets interrupted. Therefore, we have curated this blog to explain why the QuickBooks database server manager stopped running error message pops up, how it affects QuickBooks, and ways to fix the error in easy-to-understand steps.
Has your QuickBooks database server manager stopped working? Get in touch with experienced professionals by dialing QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 and get quick support
What Exactly Does the QBDBMgrN not running on this Computer Server mean?
The QBDBMgrN not running on this computer server indicates the inability of the program to switch to multi-user mode. Therefore, users can only access the single-user mode settings as the alert related to the error pops up while transitioning. The error may appear due to several reasons, including interference of the security firewall, hindering QuickBooks connection and communication with the internet servers, and leading to failure in opening or launching the app.
Aftermath of QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped
When the “QuickBooks database server manager not running” error takes place, you will see the following changes in your system:-
- By Far you can’t able to use multi-user mode.
- Incapable to access company file which is stored on the server computer.
- None of the connected workstations with servers are able to connect to the internet.
- Irregular installation of Firewall.
- Firewall preventing QuickBooks to access the Internet.
- QuickBooks Database Server will fail to update.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Database server manager.
- Issues with the QuickBooks network file can be seen when QBDBMgrN keeps crashing strikes up.
What is QBDBMgrn not running on this computer and its reasons?
If QuickBooks database server manager stopped or not running on this computer, then it means your Windows firewall is not updated. When you try to update QuickBooks, the old version of the firewall finds QBDBMgrN service as an unknown service and prevents QuickBooks from connecting to the internet. When you try to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to repair a company file, the following error message appears-
“Repair the following network problems before accessing your company file from other computers on the network to remove QuickBooks database server manager unable to start
- Improper configuration of the installed firewall application may not allow the QBDBmgrn.exe program to run.
- Due to the antivirus program or 3rd Application, you encounter a QuickBooks DB error.
QuickBooks Database server manager may not install fully or some files, including with QBDBmgrn.exe QBCFmonitorservice.exe.
- You may encounter Error QBDBMGRn due to the damaged Network descriptor file.
- One essential file, the QBCFMonitorService.exe file, is either missing or damaged in your service.
- An outdated QBDBMgrN version might prevent access to company files.
How do I troubleshoot QBDBMgrn not running on this computer?
So far, we hope that the article assisted you in understanding the reasons for QBDBMgrn not running issue and what it entails. Now, you can carry out the below-given resolutions to troubleshoot the error. However, before proceeding further, try rebooting your device to fix the issue:
- Close the QuickBooks application after logging out.
- Next, move to the restart button on the Start menu to initiate it.
- Post rebooting, open the QuickBooks application and log in with the credentials to verify the presence of the error.
Method 1- Start With Updating Windows Firewall
Outdated Windows Firewall program settings on your system might be stopping your QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the internet. Therefore, it’s necessary that you update your outdated Windows Firewall settings as quickly as possible to fix the QuickBooks database server manager not running.
- Since it is the Windows Firewall due to which QuickBooks database server manager keeps stopping, so it makes sense to start with the same.
- Type Windows + R on your keyboard and write Control firewall.cpl in the provided area.
- Enter and then open Windows Firewall and under the Update your FirewallSettings section click Check for Updates.
- Click Update Now and Use Recommended Settings options and check if an update is available. Wait for the process to complete and then Restart your computer and then open QuickBooks.
Method 2- Restart QB Database Server Manager Service
If the QBDBMgrN service is still unable to start, then follow the below-described steps to get rid of the error-
- Windows + R, type services.msc in the Run box, and click Enter.
- Now scroll down and search for the service named as one of these QuickBooksDB26, QuickBooksDB28, QuickBooksDB 29, or QuickBooksDB27.
- Right-click on the exact service and then click the Restart option.
- After restarting the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, try to Update QuickBooks and see if it is working or not.
Method 3- Repair the Current Version of QuickBooks Desktop
Check if the QBDBMgrN service error is fixed by the second procedure. If not, follow the below-listed steps-
- Windows + R and type appwiz.cpl in the Run box.
- Press Enter and go to QuickBooks in the installed program list.
- Double-click the QuickBooks application and select Uninstall/Change option.
- Follow the given series of action, Continue -> Next -> Repair -> Next.
- Wait for the repair process to finish.
- Once the process is complete, click Finish and Restart the program.
Method 4- Re-install QuickBooks Desktop Application to fix QDBDMgrN Not Running on this Computer
Follow the below-given steps to eliminate QuickBooks 2018 server not running error and check if QBDBMgrN not running on this server is resolved after following the solution.
- Press Windows +R and type appwiz.cpl in the provided Run box.
- Now click OK and choose QuickBooks from the program list.
- Select Uninstall and then click OK.
- Follow the prompts to clean the QuickBooks company file from the PC.
- Visit the official QuickBooks Download page.
- Select your Country and QuickBooks version to proceed further.
- Click Search, and you will get the Download link.
- Download QuickBooks and from the download folder of your computer, follow the on-screen prompts to install the software.
- Provide product registration information and once the application is installed restart Windows.
Method 5: Verify Hosting Settings on the User’s Workstation and the Server
- First, open QuickBooks on the user’s workstation and click the File tab.
- From under the File tab, click Utilities and select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option if it is enabled.
- If you see Host Multi-User option in the list, then this indicates the hosting setting are correct on the workstation.
- Move to the Server computer and open QuickBooks Desktop on it.
- Click the File tab and select Utilities.
- Make sure that the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option is displayed there.
- f not, then click Stop Hosting Multi-User Access to switch to multi-user access in QuickBooks.
Method 6: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor from QuickBooks Tool Hub
Note: In case you’ve already installed QuickBooks earlier, then make sure that it’s of the latest version which is currently 220.127.116.11 to get the best results. Otherwise, you might not get the expected results with the older versions of QuickBooks. To check which version of QuickBooks Tool Hub you have, you just need to go to the About tab or you can select the Home tab in which version will be displayed at the bottom-right corner of the drop-down menu column.
- Opening downloaded browser by pressing Ctrl + J on the keyboard.
- Double-click the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe installation file to install it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and follow the prompts as they appear on the screen.
- After the installation, open QuickBooks Tool Hub from the Desktop of your computer.
- If the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon is not found, then you can search for the app from the Windows Start menu.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the Company File section.
- Now select QuickBooks File Doctor and proceed further with the repair.
- Select, Check both File Damage and Network Connectivity options and let the QBFD repair the glitches.
- Once done, try to perform the same action once again that was triggering the QuickBooks server not running the message earlier.
Method 7. Removing QuickBooks Server Manager from the Windows firewall settings
- Press Windows and R keys together to open the run window.
- Write Windows Firewall and click OK.
- From the list of programs, double-click on Firewall & network connection.
- Go to the Advanced Settings and select Inbound Rule.
- Next, click on New Rule and then Next.
- From the Program paths exclude the exe file.
Method 8. Run Quick Fix my Program
The Quick Fix my Program tool will close all the programs running in the background that QuickBooks uses and runs a quick repair:
- Again, open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on the Program Problems tab.
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
- Start QuickBooks and try to open the company file.
If the error still exists, proceed to method 9.
Method 9. Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is designed to fix the installation issues.
Follow the steps given below to utilize the tool:
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub once again.
- Click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Next, select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- The tool will fix the issues related to installation files and may take around 20 minutes to finish the repair.
- Now, reboot the workstation.
Method 10. Install QuickBooks Desktop on the Hosting Server
Execute the following steps to initiate this process:
- Launch the QuickBooks application on the server and move the cursor to the File menu.
- Here, choose the option Open or Restore > Open a company > Next.
- Further, browse for the desired company file and open it in multi-user mode.
- You will need to enter your login credentials (username and password) to log in to the company file.
- End the process by going to the File menu > Close the company, or you can log off to exit the company file opened on the server.
Method 11: If the Host System only has Database Manager Installed
Consider the following actions to execute this procedure:
- Open the Control Panel from the Windows Start tab or Desktop.
- Here, double-click on the Administrative tools option and then Services.
- Next, right-click the correct database server manager:
- QuickBooksDB28- QuickBooks 2018
- QuickBooksDB27– QuickBooks 2017
- QuickBooksDB26– QuickBooks 2016
Still Facing QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer
In this blog, we have discussed the QuickBooks server not running problem causing QuickBooks to fail to start in multi-user mode error. By following these troubleshooting steps, you can get QBDBMgrN not running. However, if you face any technical difficulty while fixing QuickBooks database server manager download issues, then you can call our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 and describe your issue to experts for quick and relevant help.
Because the QBDBMgrn not running on the server computer on which your data file is stored.
If the QBDBMgrn is not running on the server computer on which your data file is stored, it might stop working. However, other reasons, like firewall interference, etc., may also impact the issue.
QBDBMgrN has a .exe extension, denoting an executable process. When inactive, it causes problems connecting QuickBooks to the network. Consequently, people see a QBDBMgrn not running on the computer error.