QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a powerful tool in QuickBooks that enables you to share your company files with other computers in your network. It allows you to run different versions of QuickBooks Desktop. You can perform a multi-user task by connecting with the host computer. Besides, this tool creates network data files to confirm that you are using the current year’s service. The QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool creates a network data file (.ND) for each company file stored on the host computer.
Struggling with “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer server 2019”? Contact QuickBooks Error Support Team to Eliminate this Annoying Technical Error in a Minute’s Notice.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is an essential tool which helps business owners and accountants to reap the most out of their business processes. It can answer your question, “how to host QuickBooks file on server?” In this blog, we will reveal all the critical aspects of this tool, including, download, installation, setup, use, and maintenance. Let’s proceed!
QuickBooks Database Server Manager Requirements:
The below-listed points can help you to utilize the QuickBooks Database Manager efficiently-
- If you want to use the multiple versions of the QuickBooks Desktop, then you need to install each version of QB Database Server Manager.
- The installation of multiple versions of the tool will only provide you different versions of the processes and not multiple versions of the software.
- To install multiple versions of QuickBooks Database Server Manager, follow the chronological order from oldest to newest for each version.
- Each installed version of QBDBSM on your system adds a user to your QuickBooks Desktop version.
How to utilize the Database Server Manager tool to the fullest?
You need the Database Manager tool when you want to run multi-user access to your system. This tool enables multiple users to work on the same company file simultaneously. In a single user mode, you don’t need to download QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Follow the below-described steps to use the tool efficaciously.
1. Download QB Database Manager:
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is an in-built tool in the QuickBooks Desktop file, and you don’t need to download it from outside. Download QuickBooks Desktop to get started with the tool.
2. Install Database Server Manager:
Make sure to install QB Database Server Manager on your server computer that hosts your company file. If you host multiple versions of the QuickBooks Desktop on your network, start QBDBSM installation from oldest version to the recent.
- Close all the applications running on the background of your server computer.
- Open QuickBooks installer and start the Installation Wizard.
- Establish an Internet connection for the system and then click Next.
- Thoroughly read the software agreement and accept the terms & conditions and then tap Next.
- Now go to Custom or Network Options and choose the installation method.
- Provide your license number if required.
- Select the option Yes, allow access.
- Follow the screen-prompts to complete the installation process.
- Once installed, you can now set up and update QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
3. Update QB Database Manager (QBDBSM):
- After the installation of QBDBSM is finished, check if an update is available for the software or not. Intuit makes a maintenance release available for the users regularly to streamline the use of QuickBooks application.
- Download and update QuickBooks Desktop to the same patch on the computer that host the server.
- Now reboot the server. (Compulsory)
- Once the server is updated, you will get a message that says: The company file needs to be updated to work with this version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- At the same time, you will see a popup on the screen prompting to create a backup. (Creating a backup is essential as updates can alter the database structure).
- Carefully create a backup and once finished, you should be able to open the file.
4. Setup QuickBooks Server Manager
After updating QBDBSM, you can setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager, and use is for your day-to-day accounting operations. Follow the below-given steps-
- Set your firewall permissions to let QuickBooks Database Manager running on your server computer.
- Scan your company files to enable multi-user access. By doing so, you can keep track of your local hard-drives and configure new company files.
- To open QuickBooks Database Manager-
- First, go to Start Menu of the server computer
- Now select Programs
- Open QuickBooks and then select QB Database Server Manager
- To scan Folders-
- Open Database Manager
- Select Scan Folder
- If you are not sure about the exact location of your company files, you may scan the whole local drive.
- Now click Scan
- Check how many company files are connected to the server computer
- Monitor how many users are logged in
- Keep track of the running service
Following these procedures carefully, you can harvest all the benefits of the QuickBooks Database Manager. However, if you face technical issues such as QuickBooks Database Manager stopped working, QBDBSM crashes, or QBDBMgrN not running, then you can avail a swift help from the professionals. Moreover, if you want to remove QuickBooks database service, then dial QuickBooks Data Support Service Number 1.800.417.5147 to get prompt support.