QuickBooks error 6094 0 takes place when the program fails to open the web database. In addition, the error may also crop up due to your anti-virus applications such as AVG Anti-virus, SpyHunter Malware Blocking, PC Tools Internet Security, and various others. When the error occurs, you may not be able to access the company file due to failure in launching the web database. This post can help you to access your company data by surmounting the error code 6094 0 with some handy troubleshooting tips.
Reasons For error 6094 in QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks Error 6094 0 is simply inherited from the Error 6XXXX series, which usually appears on your screen when the user tries to access the QuickBooks company file. The file location can be local and server locations. Though the reasons for Error code 6094 can be more than one, we have listed some of the most frequent reasons for the error.
- QuickBooks database server manager(QBDBMGRN) failure to start is the primary reason for Error code 6094.
- The error also occurs when an Anti-virus or Internet security software prevents QuickBooks from accessing the server due to security reasons.
- The antivirus program has put your QuickBooks essential program QBDBMGRN.exe and QBCFmonitorservice program into quarantine, can put QuickBooks Desktop Error 6094 in the limelight.
How do i fix QuickBooks Error 6094 0?
You can resolve QuickBooks error code 6094 0, with some simple troubleshooting steps.
- Restore quarantined qbdmgr.exe, and qbdmgrN.exe from the virus vault,
- Update your anti-virus software to the latest update
- Add QuickBooks Desktop Directory as an exception to prevent it from being scanned so that it can communicate to the server data.
Perform these solutions for the Internet security tool and anti-virus program sunning on your system to resolve the error while accessing the company file.
1. For PC Tools Internet Security
Restore Quarantined Infections
- To restore the infections that have quarantined, go to Setting menu and select Quarantine
- Now select the items you need to restore and then click Restore option
- Click Yes then OK to get the task done
Set QuickBooks Directory As An Exception:
- Navigate PC Tools Internet Security menu and select Settings
- Now select Global Action List and then items you want to exclude from being scanned; click Add.
- Hit OK to complete the procedure
Perform the same step giving error 6094 0 and check if the issue is fixed. If not, try the next method.
2. For AVG Anti-Virus:
Check QuickBooks Files That Are Quarantined
- Click History once you are on AVG Anti-Virus Interface
- Click On Virus Vault and choose a quarantined QB file
- Select the files you want to restore and then hit on the Restore tab then Close
- Launch QuickBooks application and check if the Intuit QB error 6094 0 is fixed
Exempt QuickBooks Directory from Being Scanned
- Close QuickBooks in the first place and launch AVG Anti-Virus User Interface
- Now from Resident Shield hit Manage Exceptions option
- Select Add Path for the folder wherever the QuickBooks is installed
- Hit OK and then Save Changes
- To get is done, you may need to restore all QuickBooks file quarantined by AVG Anti-Virus program
Check If the Installation Directory Has Renamed Files
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and navigate the folder where the program is installed
- Check the files renamed in the installation directory
- You need to rename the files to its original name (e.g., QBDBMGRN_AVG_RESTORED >> qbdbmgrn.exe
- Now click Open QuickBooks Desktop.
If QB error 6094 0 persists, then try the next troubleshooting steps.
3. Repair QuickBooks Desktop Application
Sometimes, the damaged or ill-functioning QuickBooks Desktop software can also bring forth error: 6094 0. In this situation, you need to repair the QuickBooks to conquer the annoying error code. In the first place, you need to restart QuickBooks to terminate the programs interfering with QuickBooks. Follow the below-described steps:
- Search Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of Programs and hit Uninstall/Change.
- Click on Continue and then Next.
- Now select Repair and then Next to proceed further.
- Wait for the repair process to finish and then click Finish tab.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and restart QuickBooks.
- Users having US edition of the program may need to update QuickBooks Desktop and payroll tax tables to the latest release.
4. Removing QuickBooks files from Spy Hunter
- Open the Spy Hunter software.
- Select System Guard.
- Click on User Added tab and search for QuickBooks files.
- Set QuickBooks file status to allowed.
- Next, verify PUP.
- If you find the file under the block list, set its status to allowed.
5. Restore QuickBooks files from Quarantine
- Navigate to the program’s homepage.
- Click on Virus vault.
- Look for the QB file and click on it.
- Next, select Restore.
6. Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop Application
- Download and install QuickBooks Desktop tool hub.
- Run it using the desktop icon and move to the Program Installation Issues section.
- Now choose QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and follow the on-screen instructions to completely reinstall the application.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop once again and check if the error is now resolved.
In case, if the error re-appears or you are stuck at some point, then it is best to contact support for required help and assistance.
7. Update your Windows & QuickBooks Desktop
- Start your QuickBooks application.
- Next, select the Help option.
- After that select for Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, Go to the “Update Now” option and select for “Get updates“.
- When the Update is downloaded completely, Restart the computer.
- Next, Open the QuickBooks and Click yes When the Install update prompt appears.
For Windows 10
- Click on the Start menu button or press the Windows key.
- Next, click on the settings button.
- Select the update and security option in settings windows.
- At last click on check for update and If there is any update is available to download the it will start.
- After that restart the system.
Need Further Assistance!
For any further assistance related to the QuickBooks Company file access error, you may dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 instantly. By reaching us, you can get all your doubts related to QuickBooks error 6094 0 or troubleshooting steps, answered promptly.