When you update QuickBooks Database Server Manager, it helps you to access the application in multi-user mode efficiently. The tool created for the QBDBSM service generates a network data file with the extension .ND that you can find in the same folder containing QuickBooks company file. The network data file is a configuration file that helps QuickBooks to access the file on the network. QuickBooks Database Server Manager updates provide the following benefits:
- Scanning of the company file which provides additional support for Multi-user access.
- Check the local drive/store in order to find the latest company file.
In this post, we will discuss how to update QuickBooks Database Server Manager to the latest release in simple steps.
Want to install the latest QuickBooks Database Server Manager Update but not sure how to do it? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147 and get instant help
What Is QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
QuickBooks enables different users to access the company file simultaneously in multi-user mode. The QuickBooks Database Server Manager helps in setting up multi-user mode. It helps you to monitor your network easily, and multiple users can access the same company file at the same time. Intuit recommends you to update QuickBooks Database Server Manager on a regular basis so that you can access your company file over the network without any technical hindrances.
Steps To Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks is not devoid of the technical glitches and to keep the QuickBooks tools running in optimal shape, you need to get the timely updates for the application. To Update QuickBooks Database Manager service to the latest release, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- In the first place, you need to visit the Intuit’s legit website and then download update patch for the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After installing the updates, you need to reboot the server.
- When the updates are installed successfully, you will see a prompt on your screen that reads: The company file needs to be updated to work with this version of QuickBooks Desktop. (Update QuickBooks Company File Now)
- The next prompt will suggest you to to create a backup of your company file once the server is ready to make some changes within the blueprint of the database.
- Follow the instructions that will appear on your screen once the backup is done. You should now be able to access the company file to use.
What Are The Benefits Of Updating QuickBooks Database Server Manager To The Latest Release?
When you update QuickBooks Database Server Manager to the latest release, it can help your business accounting in several ways:
Scan QuickBooks files and folders required in multi-user mode:
- Click the Start icon button and then select Programs.
- Open QuickBooks and select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option.
- Select the option Scan Folders.
- Mark the checkboxes for all the folders containing company files of QuickBooks. If you are not sure about any folder if they contain the file or not, select them all for scanning.
- Now click on the Scan tab to start the scanning process. You can see the folder that is being scanned as a bar labelled Display.
Let’s discuss the next advantage you can harvest when you update QB Database Server Manager.
Monitor local storage drives to configure the latest company file automatically:
- Click the Windows Start icon and then further click the Programs option.
- Now open QuickBooks and then select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option.
- Next, select the Monitor Drive tab.
- In the end, click on Select option to monitor all the local drive containing company file.
This post can answer your doubt on how do I update QB Database Server Manager. If you are facing any technical difficulties in updating QB Database Server Manager, give us a call on our helpline number1.800.417.5147. It will connect you with our QB team who will help you to update QuickBooks Database Server Manager and reap its numerable benefits.