QuickBooks error 12007 is one of the error from the 12xxx series. This series of errors occur when the users attempt to download either the payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates. The other errors from the series are 12002, 12007, 12009, 12029, and 12031. There can be distinct reasons responsible for the 12007 error and hence comes along with different solutions and methods that can remove the error. For example, there may be internet issues that jam the updates. The content in the blog intends to throw light on QuickBooks update error 12007, its causes, and resolutions in depth.
If you have any technical or advanced queries, then it is highly suggested to consult with the QuickBooks team at 800-579-9430.
What Is QuickBooks Error Code 12007?
QuickBooks Error 12007 takes place by QuickBooks Desktop not being able to establish a connection with the Internet on your computer. Error Code 12007 mainly occurs as a result of general Internet connection failure. There can be other possible causes such as incorrectly configured system files. When these QuickBooks update problems like “QuickBooks payroll update error 12007” crop up, you will see an error message on your screen – “QuickBooks has experienced a problem and must be shut down. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
Why Does the Update Download fail?
There can be unique reasons for the occurrence of the error. Before giving you the troubleshooting for the mistake right away, we need to tell you the reasons why the error occurs. It will assist the users in understanding the error in detail with more insight. Have a look:
- When the internet connection is not supportive, then the update of the application or payroll will not be downloaded smoothly.
- Internet Explorer is not established as your default browser, not allowing QuickBooks to access the internet, leading to the error.
- The outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop can lead the error to occur.
- The internet browser’s settings set improperly can also cause the error.
- The security software, firewall, or antivirus bars the update download.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12007?
For various possible causes of the QB payroll update error 12007, you need to perform different troubleshooting procedures. Follow the solutions in their given sequence to fix this QuickBooks error code.
Solution 1. Check Your Internet Explorer Configuration
Starting with Internet Explorer settings might save you from performing further steps. You can easily adjust the settings to recheck if the QB payroll update error 12007 is fixed.
- Click Gear icon on the top right corner of Internet Explorer and select Internet options from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Connections tab and tap on LAN Settings.
- Check-mark the box next to Automatically Detect Settings and ensure that servers are blank while updating QuickBooks.
- Apply the changes and move to the Advanced tab.
- Now locate SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 and check-mark the respective boxes. Uncheck the box against Check for publisher’s certificate option.
- On the same tab, scroll down to verify that TLS 1.2 option is not checked. Also, make sure that the box next to TLS 1.1 is checked.
After performing this step, try updating QB to ensure that QB payroll update error 12007 is fixed.
Solution 2. Check thoroughly For Security Settings
If the first method is not effective in resolving QBs payroll update error 12007, then try to determine whether security settings are preventing the update. Inspect the settings of Firewall, Antivirus program, and other parental control applications are not impeding a download of the QuickBooks updates. When configured correctly, you may get rid of QB error 12007 update problem. For detailed instructions to add a program to Windows Firewall’s exception follow the article Block or Unblock Programs in Windows Defender Firewall.
Solution 3. Reset QuickBooks Update Settings
- Restart the computer.
- Reset the QuickBooks updates and try to download an update.
- Make sure to launch the company file in single-user mode.
- Download the latest QuickBooks update and install it.
If the QBs payroll update error 12007 still exists, try the next procedure to resolve the problem.
Solution 4. Check Other Issues of Internet Explorer to Fix QuickBooks Error 12007
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard and write sfc/scannow in the provided box.
- Click OK and follow the prompts on the screen carefully to complete the File Checker Process.
- Restart the Windows after the completion of the file repairing and verify if the QuickBooks error code is resolved. If not, go to the next method.
Solution 5. Perform Cleaning of QuickBooks Installation
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and save it in a location where you can easily find it.
- Now double-click the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe file from the saved location and click I Accept for license agreement.
- Click Continue and choose your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap OK and follow the commands carefully to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop application.
Solution 6. Set Internet Explorer as the Default Browser
If the Internet Explorer is causing the issue, setting it as your default browser can resolve the error. Here are the steps to do so:
- At first, open Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu.
- Then, choose Internet Options.
- Click on the Programs tab.
- Select Make default and click OK.
- Close Internet Explorer.
If you still get the error, follow the next solution.
Solution 7. Updating QuickBooks to its Latest Release
To update the payroll feature, first, you need to update the QuickBooks. Follow the steps given below to get the updates:
- Close QuickBooks application.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks icon by holding the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window appears.
- Move to the Help tab.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop and click on Update Now tab.
- Further, mark the Reset Update box and click on Get Updates.
- Close the window once update completes.
Solution 8: Repair Internet Explorer’s Installation Issues
Repairing internet explorer is one last resort to resolve the error. Follow the instructions listed below to repair installation issues in Internet Explorer.
- Close all running application running in the background.
- Open the run box by pressing Windows + R and type inetcpl.cpl in the run box and press OK.
- Once the Internet Options box appears move to the the Advanced tab.
- Now from under the Reset Internet Explorer options select the Reset option twice.
- Check-mark the Delete personal settings option and select Close from the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window.
- Restart QuickBooks and check if the error is now resolved.
Solution 9: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and install
To fix common errors or bugs, QuickBooks Tool Hub is very efficient. The Tool Hub has many different tools that significantly affect solving the errors. Use it on Windows 10, 64-bit, for a better experience.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop for the moment.
- Download the 18.104.22.168 version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub, the latest version, and save this file where it is readily available Downloads folder or Windows desktop.
If you already have QB Tool Hub, click the Home tab and get its version verified at the bottom.
- Launch the file you just downloaded, i.e., QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Install the file by obeying on-screen guidelines; agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Now, to start the tool hub, double-tap the icon on your Windows desktop when the installation is done.
Restart QuickBooks Desktop, and initiate the update again. You will now be able to download the update without any hitch.
Still Facing QuickBooks File Doctor Error 12007
In the blog, there was an elaborate discussion on QuickBooks error 12007, its causes, and the ways to remove it. If, by the end of the blog, you cannot download your QuickBooks Desktop or payroll update, then having a word with the QuickBooks professionals would be a wiser option for you as soon as possible. They can provide you with more detailed, stepwise solutions as you tell them your query. Call right now at 800-579-9430.