QuickBooks error 12029 is an infuriating technical error which occurs when the software is blocked from accessing the server. QuickBooks is known for offering many advantages to the small to mid-sized business owners and accountants. You can track your sales, income, expenses, and inventory on a real-time basis with the help of this software and get accurate insights for your business performance. While using different features and functions of the accounting software, technical issues may arise, hampering your process. QB error 12029 is a similar technical issue in QuickBooks that may daunt you to your wit’s end.
Are you confused about where to begin troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error 12029 as well as not tech savvy’s?Well in such circumstances, You can either carry out the explained solutions or call QuickBooks Data service team through Toll Free helpline number 1.800.417.5147.
What Happen When QuickBooks Error code 12029 Pops-Up?
While updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll, you can see QuickBooks error message code 12020 popping up on your screen. This error message explains the status, causes, and effects of the error. An update gets interrupted due to QuickBooks error 12029, and you need to check for the possible reasons causing the error to arise. It mainly crops up when QuickBooks fails to establish a secure connection with the server. However, there are various possible reasons that may cause QuickBooks error code 12029.
Reasons Responsible For error 12029 QuickBooks payroll update:
There can be several internal and external reasons that may cause QB error code 12029. Below is the list-
External Reasons for error 12029 QuickBooks payroll update:
- While you attempt to download QuickBooks Payroll, network timeout occurs
- It can be your Internet security software of Firewall obstructing QuickBooks from accessing the server
Erroneous settings of SSL
- When your Default Browser is not Internet Explorer
- Expired Internet plans
Internal Reasons Of error 12029 QuickBooks:
Now take a look at the internal causes of the QB error code 12029-
- QuickBooks fails to connect to the Internet
- Other connection issues in the accounting software
- A timeout update in QuickBooks while updating QuickBooks Desktop payroll
- QuickBooks server error 12029 when the software is blocked
How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029?
QuickBooks error 12029 takes place due to damaged or missing components preventing the software from downloading an update. Follow the below-described solutions to eliminate QuickBooks Desktop error 12029.
Solution 1- Resolve local issues of QuickBooks Desktop & system
First of all, look for the issues that may exist in your local desktop and system before moving further towards the advanced troubleshooting. Consider the below-listed points-
- Make sure that you have the latest QuickBooks Desktop update installed on your system
- Also, Update your Windows operating system to fix QB error code 12029
- Ensure that there are no dropped Internet packets by verifying the latency of the Internet
- Modify SSL settings
- Sometimes, it just takes a restart to fix a technical problem, try that.
- Upgrade Internet Explorer to the latest update and set it as your default browser
Solution 2- Check your internet explorer settings.
As we all know, QuickBooks uses internet explorer to access the internet, and Incorrect IE settings may cause an error in QuickBooks. Thus we have listed steps to rectify settings.
- Terminate QuickBooks Desktop Program.
- Next, Open internet explorer.
- Press the alt Button or click on Tools.
- Click on the Internet option and Select the Security tab.
- Set the security level medium in the Allowed level for this zone option in the Security tab.
- Next, Select the never dial connections from the connections option.
- Click Ok.
- After that, hop to the Lan settings option and select the automatically detected settings option.
- In advance setting, Select for TLS 1.2.
- Click Ok and restart the explorer and try to update again.
Solution 3- Modify your antivirus and firewall settings to support the update
Sometimes your antivirus or firewall settings can block QuickBooks from connecting with the server. Check and fix these settings so that they can favor the payroll update process in QuickBooks.
- From Intuit’s official website, download QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Now save it to your desktop and run the tool
- This tool will configure the firewall and open the ports automatically
- Now check QuickBooks Desktop update error 12029 is fixed or not
Solution 4- Open Windows in safe mode and retry the update
Starting Windows in safe mode can help you to fix the QB error code 12029. Follow the below-given steps to finish the task-
- Simultaneously press the Windows, and I keys on your keyboard
- Now navigate to the Update & Security and click it
- Next, click Recovery and then go to Advanced Startup
- Follow the instructions carefully and make appropriate selections to Restart your computer
- While restarting, you will see an option to open the computer in safe mode with networking
- Again, check QB error code 12029 after performing the solution.
The error is wiped off after reading this blog until the end. Taking every minutiae detail into consideration, you have to perform every step one after the other. However, if you want an easy resolution for QuickBooks error 12029, dial our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.417.5147 and talk directly with the qualified professionals.