Made your mind to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks but not sure how to do it? This blog can answer your queries related to the account reconciliation in QuickBooks. QuickBooks is an outstanding accounting software highly admired among the business owners and accountants. It can help you to make the most out of your business process by streamlining your day-to-day accounting tasks.
You can reconcile your bank or credit card accounts to the QuickBooks and track income, expenses, and all other transactions with reduced time and effort of the manual entry. However, you may need to undo the reconciliation in QuickBooks when the balance sheet in the QuickBooks doesn’t match that in your bank.
If you want direct assistance from the professionals to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks, then dial our QuickBooks banking support number 1.800.579.9430 and get it done immediately
Advantages of Account Reconciliation in QuickBooks:
Reconciliation feature in QuickBooks can help you to get better insights into your business by tracking income and expenses. It can help you to make a well-informed decision for your business. You can also keep your bank information intact, and any discrepancies can easily be detected. Furthermore, you can also keep an eye on your employees and vendors and prevent them from doing a fraudulent act.
When may you need to undo reconciliation in QB online 2019?
Despite having many advantages of the bank reconciliation feature, sometimes, you might ask yourself, “How do I undo reconciliation in QB Desktop?” Below are the instances-
- When reconciliation is done with haste where it should be done in a correct manner.
- For an ambiguous transaction, you may need to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks.
- When the payment data is documented erroneously
- The bank statement has a false date recorded into it
When you are sure that you want a reconciliation undone and searching how to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks Online 2018, let’s find the answer.
Easy Steps to Undo Bank Reconciliation in QuickBooks:
After trying all, if you see no option to undo reconciliation in QB Online or Desktop, then follow the below provided steps to get the task accomplished.
Undo Reconciliation In QuickBooks Desktop:
To get the reconciliation undo in the Desktop edition of QuickBooks with absolute ease, follow these steps-
- Sign-in as an Administrator on Windows and Go to your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the company file and then open Banking menu
- On the Banking window, click on Reconcile Now option
- Next, click on Undo Last Reconciliation to finish the task
Undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online:
If you are a QuickBooks Online user and want to undo your bank reconciliation with the software, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Navigate to the Banking menu in your QuickBooks Online and select Registers
- From the Register Name drop-down menu, choose the account with the concerned transaction
- Now select the transaction you want to undo a reconciliation for
- Next, remove the letter R, and following this action, the transaction is no more reconciled.
How to Undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks Manually?
To achieve this task, you have to go to the Chart of Accounts, where you can see the account history. Now, you can pick a specific account that you want to edit and then move to the Reconcile status having a check-mark against it. Finally, you can change the status by selecting the top mark. Consider the abbreviations- c (cleared), r (reconcile), and blank for neither reconciled nor cleared.
How Can I Delete Reconciliation In QuickBooks?
If you want to delete any previous pacification in the QuickBooks, then below-listed steps can help, but make sure to update QuickBooks Desktop before performing the following steps.
- Click on the gear icon to start and then
- Hit Reconcile option from under the Tools
- Now go to the bank account that has a reconciliation to undo
- Next, hover your mouse on the reconciliation month to undo the needful. Try to locate the UNDO button and tap it after locating
- Click OK for the message you see next and a success screen for the task will appear
- Again, click OK to confirm the changes
There are some handy ways to undone a reconciliation in QuickBooks Desktop and QBO editions. If you feel any trouble or unease while performing the steps, then reach out to professionals in no time. Dial our QuickBooks banking helpline number 1.800.579.9430 and undo reconciliation in QuickBooks promptly.