QuickBooks Error 15221 is a 15xxx series of error. Those are the most recurrent category of tech bugs in QuickBooks. Earlier, we have discussed similar issues, and today we shall be focus on Error 15221 in QuickBooks. This is a payroll update error that happens to arise when the user is attempting to download and install the newest software updates.
It is supported with the standard sub-text saying, “The payroll update did not complete successfully.” A few symptoms that several victims noticed were – slowed down performance of the application, little or no response to user requests, specific options on QB are greyed out, sudden shutdowns, and inability to access the company data file. A quick way to dissolve the error is to run the QuickBooks Tool Hub, but sometimes, it may also fail to deliver results. If you, too, are facing the same problem, read the complete blog to troubleshoot it hassle-free.
Unable to download the latest program updates due to QuickBooks Error 15221? Receive excellent technical assistance and step-by-step guidance by our pro-advisors just through a call! Dial +1 800-579-9430 Now
Where does QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15221 Originate From?
QuickBooks update error 15221 can strike your system on account of various factors. Here we will be discussing some of the most common ones –
- A damage in the installation file is one of the primary reasons behind this error.
- A poor internet connection that could disrupt the update process also triggers QuickBooks Desktop error 15221.
- When QB Desktop is unable to perform successful verification of the Digital Signature Certificate.
- Inappropriate web browser settings that restrict online access.
- If the device security settings are not compatible with QBDT.
Steps to Get Rid of QuickBooks Payroll Installation Error 15221
After learning about the causes that led to QuickBooks payroll error 15221, let us now analyse the possible solutions that can help eliminate the same without any damage to the data –
A corrupted data file will eventually lead to an internal glitch in the program. In such scenarios, utilising the Rebuild and Verify Data tool in QBDT can prove to be helpful –
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and press the File tab.
- Scroll down to Utilities and select the Rebuild Data option from the menu.
- The program will prompt you to create a company file backup; follow the instructions to do so.
- After this, wait for the Tool to repair the damage in your file. Click OK.
- Tap on the File button again and go to Utilities.
- This time you need to select the Verify Data option to check if the damage was repaired or not.
- If no issue is detected, you can resume your business operations. Or else, run the Rebuild Data tool again.
To stimulate an uninterrupted process run in QuickBooks and the internet, you must install and verify the digital signature certificate as it serves as an identity proof on the web –
- Terminate the QBDT window to proceed with the signature process.
- Click on the Windows icon and type File Explorer in the search panel.
- In the following window, navigate to C: Drive and look for the folder in which your QB files are stored.
- Locate and select the QBW32.exe file, click on the Properties option.
- Go to the Digital Signature section, and in the signature list, check if Intuit Inc is mentioned.
- Now press the Details button and go to the Digital Signature Details section.
- Hit the View Certificate tab, proceed to the Certificate field, and tap on Install Certificate.
- Press Next multiple times and then press Finish.
- Reboot your computer device, and download the updates in QuickBooks.
If you are encountering issues like the 15221 error, there is a need to verify the settings in IE. Fixing the configuration can fix the problem –
- Access Internet Explorer and click on the Tools icon.
- From the menu, select Internet Options and then press the Advanced tab.
- You should be in the Settings section. Move to the Security field.
- Here, unmark the “Do not save encrypted pages to disk” option and mark the “Use TLS 1.2” option.
- Save the alterations and click on Done.
- Now, move to the Security tab of the window and scroll down to the Pop-up Blocker field.
- Unmark the “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” option to allow QuickBooks to send notifications while you are working on Internet Explorer.
- Save the changes and close the browser window.
The Firewall may prohibit certain QuickBooks activities, and this could result in error 15221 in QB. You can change its settings yourself to make it compatible with QB –
- Tap on the Windows button to view the Start menu.
- In the search bar, type Windows Firewall and select the Windows Firewall option.
- In the next window, select Advanced Settings and go to Inbound Rules.
- Right-click on this option to choose New Rule. You need to follow the same procedure in order to create Outbound Rules.
- Tap on Port, click Next and then ensure that the TCP option reflects as marked already.
- Go to the Specific Local Ports section, and enter the relevant ports that correspond with the version of QuickBooks you are operating, and press the Next button –
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and later: 8019, XXXXX.
- QB Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382.
- QB Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- Choose to Allow the Connection and click Next.
- Ensure that all profiles reflect as already marked, and hit Next.
- Name the rule in the format “QBPorts(year)” and press Finish.
Talking about common issues in QB, QuickBooks Error 15221 arises during the installation of payroll updates due to damaged QB files. In order to fix the same, you must repair the file and reinstall the updates. We hope that the information mentioned in the above blog proved to be resourceful to you. Suppose you fail to resolve the matter on your own, it is best to contact an experienced professional who can look into this for you. Find one at +1 800-579-9430.