QuickBooks update error takes place when you try to update your accounting software to the latest available maintenance release. QuickBooks being a vast software has several technical glitches in its code-base that hamper the performance of the software. Intuit identifies these glitches in an existing feature of the software and fixes it. The improved features can be utilized in the form of a new update, also known as a Maintenance Release or Patch. While updating QuickBooks or installing a new update, you may face various technical hurdles. In this blog, we will discuss the main challenges in updating QuickBooks and their troubleshooting solutions.
Can’t update QuickBooks to the latest update? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 for a fast and relevant solution
Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error
There are several reasons that may interfere or obstruct the update process of the QuickBooks Desktop as listed-below-
- Improper settings of your default browser can cause the update error in QuickBooks
- It can be the third-party applications running in the background that may hamper the update process
- Your Internet security application or Firewall may also interfere with the update process when they see it as a security risk
- When you fail to establish a strong Internet connection, QuickBooks update error may crop up
- Multiple instances of QuickBooks on the same Desktop is also one of the apparent reasons for QuickBooks Desktop update error
How to Resolve Intuit QB Update Error?
Most of the update error arises due to Internet connectivity issues, so you need to ensure a strong Internet connection in the first place. However, several other reasons that need to be surmounted in order to resolve the errors while updating QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Make Sure You Are Connected With Internet
An update process needs a stable Internet connection. So before you began with the troubleshooting, check your Internet connectivity.
- Open your default Internet browser
- Now, enter a reliable website URL into the search box
- Press Enter
If you see an error message, “There is no Internet connection,” then you first have to establish a stable Internet connection to connect with the Intuit’s server. If not, you may proceed to the next troubleshooting solution for QuickBooks update error.
Solution 2: Make Sure Data & Time on Your PC Is Correct
If the date and time on your Desktop is not correct, then need to rectify them by following below-listed steps-
- Move your cursor over the date and time located at the lower right corner of your screen and right-click on it
- Select Adjust Date and Time from menu
- Uncheck Set the Time Automatically slider box
- Now navigate Change the date and time settings and then hit Change
- Correct the time and make sure that Set The Time Zone Automatically option is turned on
- Save the changes and try to update QuickBooks again.
If you see the QuickBooks Payroll update error again, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Download Update in Safe Mode
When you download QuickBooks in the safe mode, then it will prevent third-party applications from interfering with the update process.
- Open your computer in the Safe Mode to get started with the troubleshooting
- Now try to download the update again
- Then restart your computer in Normal mode and re-download the update.
If QuickBooks update error message appears on the screen again, then move to the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 4: Remove Multiple Copies of QuickBooks Desktop on the Same Computer
The multiple copies of the QuickBooks Desktop installed on the same computer may promote QuickBooks update error when you attempt to install a fresh release. In this situation, you need to remove one copy of the QB installation other than that installed on Windows. Wait for the process to end and try to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release available.
Solution 5. Get the Digital Signature Certificates Installed
Intuit QB Update error might also occur when Intuit is unable to verify the digital signature certificate. If there is some issue with the same, you need to install a digital signature certificate by following the steps given below:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Open the QBW32.exe file by right-clicking on it.
- Next, select Properties.
- Click on the Digital Signature
- Also, make sure Intuit is chosen in the signature list.
- Click on Details and select View Certificate within the Digital Signature Details window.
- Now, in the Certificate window, click Install Certificate.
- Click Next and then Finish.
- Reboot the system and open QuickBooks.
- Download the update again.
Still getting error, try the next solution.
Solution 6. Make Use of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool can fix the installation issues that lead to critical update issues. To utilize the tool, you need to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer:
- At first, close QuickBooks.
- We suggest you download the latest release of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- From the downloads, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Now follow the instructions given on the screen to install the tool hub.
- Further, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Open the tool hub by clicking twice on the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub icon.
Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Installation Issues.
- After that, click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Let the tool run to fix the installation problems.
- Restart your computer and QuickBooks.
No Luck with Previous QuickBooks Update Error Solutions !
There are still chances that you may not complete the update process in QuickBooks, or face QuickBooks payroll tax table update error while updating payroll subscription in QuickBooks Desktop. When you dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147, our QB experts not only help you in identifying the root cause of the QuickBooks update error but guide you until the error is resolved.