QuickBooks has been a top application in the market for accounting and finance but queries like QuickBooks Running Slow are encountered by the users for multiple reasons. QuickBooks system requirement supports most of the users and if your computer is capable enough to meet the specifications, QuickBooks Online Slow issues won’t persist. A shortfall in the area of internet bandwidth or RAM can reduce performance. The speed issues with QuickBooks can be rooted in multiple reasons. In this blog, we go through the reasons and eventually steps to solve the complaint of QuickBooks Loading Extremely Slowly.
Is your QuickBooks Running Extremely Slow? Give us a Call at 1.800.579.9430 and We’ll Gladly Jump on a Screen Share and Guide you Through Getting the Issues Fixed
Reasons that QuickBooks Taking Longer than Usual
There are a number of possible causes which might be causing unexpected behavior and the problem of QuickBooks Taking Longer than Usual. Go through the reasons to find out what eventually the best troubleshooting step will be for you. Here are few possible reasons.
- QuickBooks application is not updated.
- The computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, especially with low RAM.
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Corrupted hard drive.
- Damaged program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation problems.
- Damaged Windows operating system.
Troubleshooting steps to the complaint of QuickBooks Takes Forever to Open
As there are several reasons due to why QuickBooks takes forever to open you might need to follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned below for a solution. We suggest you follow the steps in the given sequence for quick results.
Outdated devices tend to incur more issues than updated devices. You must perform the following steps in order to boost the productivity of your computer by removing junk and increasing its performance speed –
The QB Install Tool is known to rectify issues that QB encounters during the installation process. Your device might be running slower than usual if it was not installed properly. This is how you can correct it –
If the QBWUSER.ini file is damaged or corrupted, QuickBooks online slow today on your system. If you change the name of the file, QB will recreate a fresh version of it which could eventually fix the issue-
- Open the folder where the QBWUSER.ini file is saved: \Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]. If you can’t find the folder, you must enable the hidden files and folders in your local drive to locate this file.
- Right-click on the file, select the Rename option and add .old to the name of the file – QBWUSER.ini.old.
- Next, you also need to find and rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Finally, close this window and reopen QuickBooks Desktop to allow it to recreate the files.
If you are facing issues with your company file or application, running the Clean Install Tool is the best option. It not only fixes the bugs in your software but also replaces the QB files stored on your device with clean, non-damaged versions –
- Press the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar and select the open to get directed to a new window.
- Here, tap on Programs and Features and then select Uninstall a Program.
- From the displayed list of programs, choose QuickBooks Desktop.
- After this, hit the Uninstall/ Change button, click on Next and choose to Remove to complete the process.
- Visit Intuit’s website and download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Double-click on its installation file to install the tool successfully.
- Launch the Tool Hub and tap on the Installation Issues tab.
- Further, hit the Clean Install Tool button and click on OK.
- Choose the correct QuickBooks version that you operate on, press OK, and allow the tool to run on your device.
- Navigate to the folder in which your QB installation files are stored, which is usually in the C: drive.
- Rename the installation folder by adding .OLD to its name and proceed to reinstall QBDT.
The QuickBooks Clean Install Tool removes QB installation files and folders from the local machine/computer. This step is generally followed when QuickBooks Desktop is damaged.
In many cases, a damaged Windows user can result in irreversible errors in the device. It is best to create a new user with admin rights to help you work on QuickBooks –
- Open the Windows Start menu and click on the Settings tab.
- Tap on the Accounts tab and navigate to Family & other users.
- Press the Add Account button and click on “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.”
- Now, tap on the “Add a user without a Microsoft account” option.
- Enter the details for a new user, including the name, password, etc., and hit the Next button.
- Next, you need to select this account and tap on Change Account Type.
- Choose the Administrator option and click on OK.
- You can now sign out of the current user and log in to the system using the credentials of the new Windows admin user.
Still Facing QuickBooks Running Slow or Online low
The above suggested simple troubleshooting steps would help you solve the issue where QuickBooks Running Slow. We hope you are back to full speed of the application yet if the issue lingers on and the solutions cannot help you, call 1.800.579.9430. The QuickBooks support team is authorized to serve you the best and provide the help of severe damage to the company data.
Because of the damage in the QBWuser file, you can face QuickBooks performance issues. And Your system does not fulfilling the Minimum system requirement to run QuickBooks flawlessly can also be another.
To improve the performance of your QuickBooks Desktop ensure the below-enlisted conditions are fulfilling-
1. Use a Solid-state drive instead of the traditional hard drive.
2. At least your Desktop/ Laptop has 4 GB RAM.
3. Have a Decent Internet connection.
4. Last, Your computer has the latest generation CPU.