QuickBooks registration error occurs when a regular user provides a wrong license number at the time of the registration. When you purchase a copy of the QuickBooks application, you have to validate that the purchased copy is legit by providing a correct license number.
QuickBooks registration crashes when the provided license number is not correct. When the error occurs, you may see this error message on your screen- “Error: The validation code is incorrect, or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating. “However, the error gets resolved when you change the QuickBooks license number. There may be several other reasons that may trigger the QuickBooks registration error. In this blog, we will study in detail the registration error in QB.
QuickBooks activation not working? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to get hassle-free troubleshooting assistance
Possible Reasons behind QuickBooks Product Registration Error:
If you experience errors registering QuickBooks on windows, then any of the below-listed reasons may cause the error. Check the root cause of the errors carefully to fix the QuickBooks registration error efficiently.
- For the successful completion of the QuickBooks activation, a stable Internet connection is required. A week network connectivity or connection obstruction from firewall can cause QuickBooks 2015 registration error.
- While validating the purchased copy of the QuickBooks product, if you enter the wrong product code or license number, then QuickBooks activation problem will take place.
- You may not be able to register a QuickBooks product which has been discontinued by Intuit, and therefore, QuickBooks registration error might appear on your screen.
- A damaged Windows component like MSXML may also bring forth the activation error in QuickBooks
Things to Keep In Mind before Performing Troubleshooting Procedure:
Terminate all the programs running in the background using QuickBooks Refresher Tool before troubleshooting QuickBooks registration error. Rectify the incorrect date and time settings on your Windows Desktop. Make sure that you provide the correct product code and license number received in the email.
How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Registration Error?
Now that you have ensured all the required cautions for the troubleshooting process let’s move ahead with procedures to resolve QuickBooks registration error.
Solution 1: Configure Your Firewall
Configuring your firewall settings can prevent it from blocking QuickBooks to get connected to the Internet that is required for registration of the program.
- Click the Windows Start button and type Windows Firewall in the Search programs and files box
- Click Windows Firewall when finding and then click Advanced Settings
- Right-click Inbound Rules and then hit New Rule
- Select Port and then hit Next
- Click Allow the Connection and hit Next again
- Now you must select all the profiles displayed on the prompt window
- Click Next and provide a name to the new rule
- Click Finish to accomplish the task
If the QuickBooks registration error continues, then jump to the next solution.
Solution 2: Make Use Of QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is an integrated solution for common problems and issues in the program.
- Close QuickBooks and download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe downloaded file and install the tool
- Now in QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Program Problems
- Next, you need to select Quick Fix My Problem
- Delete entitlement file to reenter your license and product number
If the QuickBooks registration crashes again, then try the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 3: Register MSXML Files
When the QB registration error is being caused due to the Microsoft XML Core Services, then follow these steps-
- Window + R keys and insert cmd in the Runbox
- Press Enter or click OK and write cd\ windows\ syswow64 in the command prompt window
- Press Enter and then type regsvr32 MSXML4.dll then press Enter once again
- Again, provide the respective box with text regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and hit Enter again
Solution 4: Provide User Account with Administrative Rights
QB registration error may occur due to the lack of proper administrative rights. When you provide other users with administrative rights, the QuickBooks activation error can be resolved.
Still Facing QuickBooks Registration Error
If none of the troubleshooting procedures helped you in resetting the QuickBooks registration, get it done by the qualified QB professionals. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 and describe the error to a dedicated tech-geek. On the basis of your QuickBooks registration error description, you will be guided with the best possible solution.