QuickBooks multi user mode not working enables multiple users to connect and access QuickBooks company files simultaneously from a host or server computer. Setting multiple user mode can save your time and resources, which you can invest in streamlining other competencies of your business. Here we will talk about how to create and set up QuickBooks multi-user mode. By reading this blog until the end, you can also understand the advantages of multi-user mode and things that you need to consider before setting the mode.
QuickBooks multiple user mode not working? Describe the issue to our QuickBooks error support team and get instant troubleshooting assistance from tech-geeks.
Advantages of QuickBooks Multi User Mode Network
Using QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode can bestow users with many advantages for their business accounting. Besides, it is also necessary to enable multi-host user access in QuickBooks while working with multiple simultaneous users.
- The simultaneous access to the company file can save time and efforts to make your business accounting more efficient.
- You can choose between a dedicated server computer for multiple user mode, or using one of your office workstations as the Host.
- QuickBooks multi-user mode eliminates the geographical restrictions and allows you to track your employees easily.
- Multiple user access mode allows better collaboration with the team where users can work in a well-informed manner.
- You can harvest more productivity for your business and yield more profits.
- Every computer must have QuickBooks software installed.
- You can store QuickBooks company file on a centralized server.
- Different versions of QuickBooks have a different allowance for the number of simultaneous users.
- QB Pro- up to 3 simultaneous users.
- QB Premier- up to 5 simultaneous users.
- QB Enterprise Solution- up to 30 simultaneous users.
Step By Step Solution For “How to Use Multi-User in QuickBooks”
Once, you are sure that all the requirements are fulfilled, you can now proceed to create a multi user mode in QB. Follow the below-given steps to get the job done flawlessly-
- Download and run QuickBooks installation.
- Choose Multi-User Host Installation.
- Open QuickBooks and go to File.
- Tap on Utilities and then click Multi-Host User Access.
- If you see the option Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, it depicts that you are already hosting QuickBooks multi-user mode not working.
- Go to the company file location on your computer.
- Click Start And then tap on Programs.
- Now Click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select Scan Folder to proceed.
- Tap Add Folder button.
- Select the folder that has stored company files and then click OK.
- If you wish to add new folder then click Add Folder again.
- To start scanning the folder, click Scan button.
- Click on Scan and then click on Close to finish the process and move to the next step of setting up QuickBooks multi user mode.
- Add users and grant them with access for company file.
- Use password to protect your crucial financial information from unauthorized access.
- Ask other users to open QuickBooks and login into the company file.
- Make sure that the computer which is hosting the company file is turned ON.
Following the above-given steps, you can set a company file accessible to QuickBooks multiple users from different locations effortlessly. For any technical unease while you set up QuickBooks multi user mode not working, you can contact our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to get instant technical assistance.