QuickBooks license error arises when the QB system file containing the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop gets damaged. When the damage occurs in the entitlementDataStore.ecml file, you will see this error message on your screen- “Could not initialize license properties.” When you click OK in the error message box, another box follows on your screen. Improper shut down of the system is one of the most apparent reasons for license error in QuickBooks. However, several other technical issues may also promote license error.
Facing QuickBooks Desktop license error? Dial our QuickBooks error support helpline Number +1 800-417-5147 to get immediate technical guidance
QuickBooks License Error Code 3371: Description
The license error in QuickBooks is denoted by the error code 3371. The full error message for the error says that QuickBooks is unable to load the license data due to a missing or damaged company file. For the same error code 3371, you may get different sets of the status code such as-
- [Error 3371, Status Code -11118]
- [Error: 3371, Status Code -1]
The error may occur in various instances, such as- when you transfer QB license to a new owner or change QB license number.
Why Do You See License Error Message 3371 On Your Screen?
As we have seen above, several issues in the QuickBooks may lead to this technical annoyance listed in below-given bullet-points-
- When an outdated Windows OS or your anti-virus applications quarantines some essential QuickBooks data files
- When any of the below-given Windows component or QuickBooks Desktop file is missing or damaged, you may see QuickBooks 2017 license error
QBregistration.dat: This is a QuickBooks Desktop installation file when gets missing or damaged, QuickBooks Desktop won’t open.
MSXML Component: It is an essential Microsoft component required for the QuickBooks to run. If it gets damaged, QuickBooks Desktop may not be able to retrieve the information in the QBregistration.dat file and won’t open.
- Partial or damaged installation of the Windows components may lead to this QuickBooks error.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks License File Error:
You may get aware of the QuickBooks won’t start license error, by the symptoms it shows on arising-
- QuickBooks fails to sync the license properties
- Error 3371 status code, 11118 appears on the screen
- Degraded performance of the computer as compared to the normal
- QuickBooks error crashes an active program window
How To Resolve QB License Error 3371?
Based on different causes of the error, you may need to perform various solutions to troubleshoot the root cause of the license error. Below are some of the best troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks error described in an intelligible manner.
Solution 1. Run the 3371 Error Fix from QuickBooks Tool Hub
The 3371 error fix tool is specifically designed to resolve QuickBooks license error 3371. To run the 3371 error fix tool, you need to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation. Following are steps to get QuickBooks Tool Hub and utilize the tool:
- At first, exit QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub. We suggest you to get the latest version.
- Open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Next, install the tool hub by following the on-screen instructions.
- To proceed, you need to mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- After the installation completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
Now, run the 3371 Error Fix Tool
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Next, select Installation Issues.
- Click on 3371 Error Fix and then OK.
- Start QuickBooks and open the company file.
If you still get the QuickBooks license error, proceed to solution 2.
Solution 2. Clean Install QuickBooks application
QuickBooks license error may also occur during the installation. In order to resolve the installation issues, we can clean install the QuickBooks desktop application by following the steps given below:
- Click on the Windows Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Program and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Choose the version of QuickBooks you’re using from the list of programs.
- Select Uninstall/Change and click Remove then Next.
At last, reinstall QuickBooks. If the issue persists, try the next solution.
Solution 3. Utilize QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is specifically designed to fix the installation errors that occur in QuickBooks. Running the tool also resolves issues related to Microsoft .NET, Microsoft XML Core Services, and C++. Follow the steps given below to run the tool:
- Once again, open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select Installation Issues.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Let the tool run to fix the installation issues.
If the QuickBooks License error still appears, follow solution 4.
Solution 4: Remove .ecml File
When an Entitlementdatastore.ecml file gets damaged, it is required to delete the file in order to resolve the QuickBooks error 3371.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard
- Insert this file path in the Runbox – C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement\v8
- Now, you should be able to see this address opened on your screen
- Find and delete .ecml file and then close the window
- Now Run QuickBooks and Register the other items to conclude the solution
If QB license error persists, then jump to the next solution.
Solution 5: Ensure That Your Windows OS Is Updated
The QB License error may also arise due to an outdated Windows operating system.
- Click Start button and then select All Programs located above the Search programs and files box
- Find and click Windows update
- Now click on Check for updates button
- Once the process is complete, re-install and update QuickBooks Desktop
Check if the QuickBooks can load the license data. If not, then fix QuickBooks error by performing the next solution.
Solution 6: Install Latest Windows Update
If the latest update for windows is available, then install the updates for your Windows Operating system. You may navigate the Window update list by clicking on the Start button, and check is the updates are available.
NOTE: If you suspect that the QuickBooks license error is arising because of using incorrect license number while registering the product then, follow our article “How to Change QuickBooks License Number” and re-register the QuickBooks Desktop with correct license registration information.
None of the above-described solutions resolved QuickBooks could not load the license data error 3371?
After trying all the solutions, if you get nothing but a continued QuickBooks error 3371, then reach out to QB experts immediately. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147 to get the required help promptly. The professionals assure a guaranteed resolution of QuickBooks License error 3371.