QuickBooks error 3371 causes the user to get stuck in a fix. The error states the inability of QuickBooks to initialize licensing properties, which may trouble a user significantly. Let’s consider the issue, its meaning, signs, reasons, and functional troubleshooting methods to overcome the error.
QuickBooks Error 3371 emerges while opening or activating QBDT. In most cases, this problem arises out of a damaged installation file. QuickBooks is a widely known application that specializes in accounting, bookkeeping, and taxing activities of a business. Several tools in QB, support the smooth running of all tasks to accomplish the company goals.
Once the application is downloaded and installed, a user must activate it to operate further. However, many of them face an issue known as Error Code 3371. As a result, users are unable to run their company files, and this hampers their overall operations. If you are also struggling with this problem, study the below blog and put a permanent end to the same.
Something has evoked error code 3371 in QBD, and now you are looking for the solutions? Call our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.417.5147 and get the License error unable to initialized license property fixed by certified experts
What is Error Code 3371 in QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks Error 3371 is an installation error that occurs in QB when a user attempts to run the application. Another instance where this happens is when they try to activate QB. The error comes along with a warning description saying, “QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.” As the message indicates, the error is triggered due to damaged files, especially the QB installation file. Corruption in the Microsoft components may also evoke the fault.
Reconfiguration of the system or cloning of the hard drive makes QuickBooks prone to the error code 3371. When the error takes place, you can see an error message displaying on the screen that describes the status, cause, and impact of this same QuickBooks desktop error.
Related article to read — How do i troubleshoot QuickBooks License error 1904 with ease
QB error message 3371: “Could not initialize license properties.”
Unlike other error messages, you will not see a troubleshooting suggestion, but you can simply close it by clicking OK. The various errors with different error codes related to QB desktop error message code 3371 are as follows-
(QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118)
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. The most common instance of the error and you can resolve this using the solutions mentioned further in this article.
(Error: 3371, Status Code -1)
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371:} QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. Detailed troubleshooting info can be found in the article later.
(QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11103)
Error with Status code 11103 indicates that the operating system that you are using no longer supports QuickBooks Desktop. This could be because of a recent Windows update or you are using an outdated Windows operating system.
(Error 3371 Status Code 11104)
Code 3371 with status code 11104 appears when you try to open QuickBooks Desktop and the primary reason for its occurrence is a damaged license data file that can be repaired applying the troubleshooting steps mentioned further in this article.
What Could be the Reason for QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
The error can arise from one of the following reasons listed-below
Here is a list that mentions some common reasons that give rise to QuickBooks Error Code 3371 –
- Opening or accessing the company data before saving it can trigger an error.
- A damaged QuickBooks installation file (QBregistration.dat) that includes the license information for the program.
- Corruption in the MSXML component may lead to malfunctioning in QB Desktop.
- Running an outdated version of QB or the Windows operating system also plays a pivotal role in the occurrence of the issue.
- Disconnection from the internet service during the installation of QB may prompt the issue..
- Insufficient permission access to the firewall can cause interruptions while any program on the device downloads and installs the latest updates.
- A damaged QuickBooks Entitlement File may be the culprit behind the issue.
Additional Info about QuickBooks components
It is a Microsoft component that helps QuickBooks to retrieve the essential information in the Qbregistration.dat file, enabling QB software to open and run properly.
It is a QB installation file having the license information of the QuickBooks product. Whenever you enable QuickBooks, it is obligatory to verify and retrieve the license information. In case the file is damaged, you cannot open QuickBooks leading to QuickBooks error 3371.
- If you haven’t installed the Latest Windows Updates, then QuickBooks Desktop installation can be damaged arising this QuickBooks error code.
Let’s Fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 using Tool hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub offers several different tools to rectify different QuickBooks Desktop errors like installation errors, company file errors, connection errors, and errors related to the data damage. QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 on the new hard drive is activation issues that appear while activating QuickBooks Desktop using the license key. The earlier version of QuickBooks 2018 and QuickBooks 2019 requires the use of the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. But with the launch of QuickBooks Tool Hub and the 3371 Error Fix tool integrated with it in QuickBooks 2020, it is quite easy to get rid of the error.
Down below listed are the steps that you need to follow in order to resolve the error 3371 in QuickBooks Desktop:
- First, you need to exit QuickBooks Desktop and make sure no processes related to it are running in the background of your system.
- You can ensure this by checking out all the running services under the Windows Task Manager.
- Once you have verified that no QuickBooks services are running in the background, then download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub from Here
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the downloads of your computer and double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Now from the Desktop screen run QuickBooks Tool Hub using its icon.
- In case, if you can’t find the icon then, search for QuickBooks Tool Hub from Windows Search Program and Features search box.
- After running the Tool Hub app navigate to the Installation Issues tab from the left pane.
- Select the status code Error Fix option and let the tool repair all the issues that are causing Error code 3371 while entering license data for activation.
- Once the repair is completed, try running open the company file in QuickBooks once again and check if the error is now resolved.
In case, if the error is still not resolved, then you can follow some less common but effective troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118 Due To an Invalid Software License
- Before you hop into the error correction, you need to confirm that-Windows latest update is installed on your workstation. If not, it can impede QuickBooks Desktop Installation.
- If you have numerable copies of the QB Desktop on your computer then you will need to re-register each one of them.
- Workstations on the hosted environment should not trouble the other systems after performing the configuration.
- A backup copy of the data files is created to avoid security risks.
Now perform the error correction steps to rectify this QuickBooks error Code-
- Press the Window + R Simultaneously, and a command prompt should be there on the screen.
- Now, in the provided text area for the Command, type or paste the given path- C:\ program data\ intuit\ entitlement client\ v8.
- You have opened the explorer window by performing the previous step. Next, find and right-click the ECML file and select Delete.
- Once finished deleting, close your window and restart the QuickBooks software.
- If the product fails to register.
- In addition, verify that the to run the Latest Updates of QuickBooks Desktop.
Change the Name of the ECML File
Renaming the ECML file can help fix the issue. However, the process is a little different for various OS users. Let’s look into the same:
Windows XP Users
- Initiate this solution by going to the Start menu and opting for the Run option.
- Type the path C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplicationDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2 to arrive at the DataStore.ecml file.
- Finish the process by clicking OK and renaming the DataStore.ECML file.
For Windows 7 Users
- Begin by checking out C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlementClientv*.
- Next, rename the Entitlement file.
- Then, when you open the QuickBooks application, you will notice that it has created a new file for you.
- If you aren’t able to see the program data folder, unhide it by going to My Computer > Organize > Folder > Search options >Enable Hidden files and folders option.
- This solution ends by opening QuickBooks and verifying if the error has gotten resolved.
For Windows 10 and 11 Users
- Right-click Start menu and select the Control Panel icon.
- Choose File Explorer options from the Appearances and Personalization section.
- Further, move to the View tab and alter the hidden file and folder setting to show hidden files and folders. This option has an alternative, under which you can un-tick the Hide protected operating system files option.
- After implementing the above steps properly, click Apply > OK.
Reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop
Uninstall the current version of QuickBooks Desktop
If you fall into the different types of QuickBooks Errors such as QuickBooks won’t open, QuickBooks update error, QuickBooks Error 6210, you can reinstall the QuickBooks as these errors might corrupt your current version of QuickBooks. To uninstall the QuickBooks, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the windows start menu, and from there, search and open the control panel.
- Now, go to the programs and features option and locate the current version of QuickBooks.
- Now, select it and uninstall it from its current location. Sometimes, removing software leaves residual files inside the registry; you can also clean that if you want to reinstall QuickBooks smoothly.
Install the latest version of QuickBooks
- Check for the system requirement, for every software system should meet some required specifications to install software without errors.
- If you do not have QuickBooks, download it and save it somewhere on your local drive.
- Check for product and license numbers.
- Open the Quickbooks.exe file.
- Follow the instructions displayed during installation.
- At last, enter your product and license number and choose next.
Upgrade the current version of Windows
QuickBooks might conflict with your current Windows version or operating system; it is recommended to update before you install any QuickBooks updates.
Steps to upgrade your current version of windows are:
- Go to the start menu, and go to windows settings.
- Now, locate the windows update option, and by selecting that, look for any updates your current windows are showing.
- Hit on update and wait for a few minutes to download it completely.
- After that restart, your computer, as windows, installs the patches and updates while you are restarting it.
Still Facing Error 3371 status code 11118 in QuickBooks Desktop
We have finally reached the end of our comprehensive blog on QuickBooks Error 3371. At last, we hope that after reading the information above, you were able to grasp adequate knowledge about the error and also were able to fix the same without the help of a professional. But, in situations where you require someone to look into this for you, reach out to our support at 800-579-9430 anytime.
QuickBooks error codes 3371 appear as follows on the system:
1. Error messages popping on the screen clearly stating the error code.
2. Inability to access company files.
3. Lags and screen freezing or no response to commands.
4. System crashes can severely affect the users.
A missing or damaged QuickBooks company file can prompt an error indicating difficulty in initializing license properties. However, it is not the only factor as several other reasons may also cause the issue.