QuickBooks Fatal Error occurs when you try to open QuickBooks Desktop. When the error occurs, you may not be able to work on your accounting application. It is a dead-end to the tasks performed in the QuickBooks. It is wise to resolve the error as soon as it occurs to resume your day-to-day accounting routine with the QuickBooks. Several reasons may promote QuickBooks Fatal Error while installing QuickBooks POS. In this blog, we will learn more about the this Error in QuickBooks and it’s troubleshooting solutions.
Seeing QuickBooks Fatal Error on start-up? Dial our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.579.9430 to get the required assistance in troubleshooting error
What Promotes QuickBooks Desktop Fatal Error?
To install QuickBooks, a software installer file and QuickBooks setup file are essential. If any of these doesn’t work properly, then QB Fatal Error during installation may take place. Some other reasons behind the occurrence of this QuickBooks Error are listed below-
- A possible damage in the QuickBooks company file data
- When Window installer file gets damaged, this same QuickBooks Error may crop up
- When QuickBooks POS installation file is damaged, then the Fatal Error is likely to appear in QuickBooks POS edition
- An obstructed Internet connection can also be one of the feasible reasons for the error to occur
How To Resolve Or Troubleshoot QuickBooks Fatal Error?
Once the possible causes of a technical error in QuickBooks are known, the troubleshooting becomes easier for you. Now that we have checked the possibles reasons behind the QB Fatal Error, we can fix them by the below-given solutions-
Try to open your company file from a different location to check if the folder containing the QuickBooks company file is damaged. To perform this solution-
- Close QuickBooks and right-click on your Desktop
- Select New from the menu and then Folder
- Name this folder QBTEST
- Now open the company file from its original location
- Copy the file and move it in the QBTEST folder that you have created earlier
- Now, open the company file from its new location
If this QuickBooks error still appears, then follow the next solution.
Repairing Windows Installer File may also fix this same Error in QuickBooks.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard and type services.msc in the Run box
- Click OK and then look for the Windows Installer in the listed services
- Right-click on the service and then select Properties
- Navigate to the Startup Type menu to choose Manual and then hit OK
- Right-click the service and then press Start
- Download the windows installer from the given list and then install it from downloads
- Restart Windows and try to install the QuickBooks POS again, which was showing the error.
Clean install in QuickBooks repairs the damaged or corrupted installation of the QuickBooks Desktop. This solution mainly comprises of these steps-
- Un-installation of the QuickBooks POS
- Renaming of the QuickBooks Installation files
- Re-install QuickBooks POS
After performing the steps fail-safely, check if the QuickBooks Fatal Error still appears during the installation of QuickBooks POS.
When QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start or won’t open due to QuickBooks Fatal Error, then you may suppress your desktop while opening QuickBooks. It might try to open your previous company.
- Press and hold CTRL key and then double-click QuickBooks application icon
- Press and hold the CTRL key until you see no Company Open
Having Technical Unease In QuickBooks Fatal Error?
Not all users can be a tech-geek, and therefore, having technical difficulty in the error resolution becomes a common thing. Fret not! You may get in touch with the QB experts anytime you want during the troubleshooting. Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 for a quick solution to QuickBooks Fatal Error.