QuickBooks Error PS077 takes place when a regular user tries to install payroll tax updates. QuickBooks utilizes tax tables to calculate payroll for the businesses. Subscribing QuickBooks Payroll service enables you to streamline your QB data with payroll tax tables. QuickBooks is a cutting-edge accounting tool; despite that, it shows fallible behavior such as error: PS077. This post covers the same error, and you can get to know about the possible causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting solutions for this error by reading it until the end.
Unable to download the latest payroll update due to QuickBooks Desktop payroll error PS077? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to end the technical annoyance
How To Ascertain That QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 Has Arisen?
The below-given symptoms can help you to determine that the same error has occurred-
- All your attempts to download payroll updates are going into vain.
- While downloading a payroll update, you see QuickBooks error message PS077 popping up on the screen
- You are not able to download your tax table to the latest release
- QuickBooks freezes or hangs while installing the payroll update
- Computer responds slowly on commands of mouse or keyboard
What Causes QuickBooks Update Error PS077?
The possible reasons behind the this error can be cited underneath-
- The payroll tax table, you are trying to update is invalid, damaged, corrupt
- An inactive or expired payroll subscription can be another reason for QuickBooks payroll update error
- The payroll can take place if your QuickBooks is not registered
- Incorrect or outdated billing information can also crop up QuickBooks error PS077
- It can be a damaged or corrupted QuickBooks related file causing technical hurdle in the payroll update process
How to Get Rid Of QuickBooks Error Code PS077?
You are now well-aware of the various aspects of the QuickBooks error PS077 and ready to move ahead with the troubleshooting solutions. Follow the solutions carefully in their given sequence to ensure the efficacy of the steps-
1. Examine If Turning Off User Account Control On Windows Fixes The Error
User Account Control (UAC) can sometimes affect QuickBooks and obstruct payroll from updating. Follow the below-given steps to complete the troubleshooting-
- Go to Start menu on your computer and open the Control Panel
- Enter UAC in the search box provided and then hit Enter
- Find and select Change user account settings
- Click Yes and turn off User Account Control by shifting the slider to Never notify
- Provide your admin user details if you are prompted to do so
- Restart QuickBooks and try to download the payroll update once again
2. Utilize QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility To Resolve The Error: PS077
If the QuickBooks error message code is caused due to data damage, then running QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility can identify and fix the problem.
- Open QuickBooks and then follow the given series of action- File > Utilities > Verify Data
- Your previous action will make the tool to detect the error in the QuickBooks company file
- Again follow, File > Utilities > Rebuild Data and it will fix all the detected data issue
- Go back to Verify Data and check if there is still any kind of damage prevails in the QuickBooks company file
3. Re-install QuickBooks Using Clean Install Tool
If the application has any installation error, then running Clean Install Tool can resolve the error. Run the tool and wait for the process to end. Retry to update QuickBooks payroll tax tables and see if QuickBooks payroll update error PS077 is resolved.
If none of the given solutions works, then you always stand a chance to contact our qualified QuickBooks professional. Dial our payroll customer service number 1.800.579.9430 and get this error resolved in no time.