QuickBooks Error OLSU 1024 is an online banking error in the software that occurs when you try to create an account to sync bank feeds. QuickBooks enables users to associate their bank and credit card accounts with QuickBooks. Online banking features can help you track your income and expenditure without entering every single transaction manually. Also, the last 90 days transactions will automatically get downloaded to QBO when you connect your bank account. However, there are numerous technical hindrances you may face with the QB online banking feature, and QB error OLSU 1024 is one of them.
Encountered QuickBooks error message code OLSU-1024 and looking for a solution? Dialing our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 can help you reach out to our experienced professionals for assistance.
QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1024 – Description
While creating an online bank account in QuickBooks Desktop, you may see the following error message popping up on your screen:
“An error occurred while updating the branding files! Please restart the Online Banking Setup Wizard to initiate the update process again.”
This QuickBooks error message OLSU 1024 may appear when your Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR) is not updated to record the information of your bank. There can be several other imaginable reasons that can trigger QuickBooks error 1024.
The Major Known Causes for Intuit QB Error Message Code OLSU 1024
Error OLSU 1024 can be caused due to the below-listed reasons-
- You haven’t updated your QuickBooks software to the latest available maintenance release.
- It can be your Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR), which is not able to record your bank’s information.
- Malicious virus and malware infecting the QuickBooks company file.
- The QuickBooks error OLSU 1024 may also occur due to a Windows corruption.
Fix QuickBooks Online Banking Error OLSU 1024 In Easy Steps
As there are several causes that trigger QB banking error OLSU 1024, you might need to follow every troubleshooting step listed below for a solution.
Solution 1- Run an Update of your QuickBooks Desktop Application
Keeping your QuickBooks software updated can prevent a wide range of technical loopholes at bay. Follow the below-listed steps to complete the update process-
- Verify that you are using the latest version of the QuickBooks software by visiting Update to the Latest Release page.
- On the update page If not, tap the Change button and then choose it manually.
- You will be choose between the two methods to update QuickBooks. Make the appropriate selection and move to the next step.
- Wait for the update to complete and then restart QuickBooks.
- Examine that QuickBooks error OLSU 1024 is fixed or move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Check if Repairing QuickBooks can Help
Repairing QuickBooks means there will be no corrupt company files in the accounting software that can cause QuickBooks error OLSU 1024.
- Simultaneous press Windows and E keys on your keyboard.
- Now click Uninstall or Change a program.
- Next, select QuickBooks and then proceed further to click Uninstall or Change.
- On the QuickBooks installation window, you can see another window.
- On the new window, tap Next and then repair the company files by selecting the Repair option.
- Now follow the sequence – Next> Repair>Finish.
- Again, verify Banking error in QuickBooks OLSU 1024
Solution 3- Edit Preferences for fidir.txt File
This is the third and last solution to fix this QuickBooks error code. To apply this method, you need to perform the below-mentioned steps-
- Reach fidir.txt file by following the given path-
C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks 20XX\ Components\ OLB\ branding\ filist.
- Find the file and right-click on it to open the drop-down list.
- From the drop-down choose Properties.
- Now, checkmark the checkbox against read-only and apply the changes
- After saving the changes, set up your online bank account in QB to examine the status of error Code OLSU 1024.
The above three solutions can be helpful in resolving the error message number: [OLSU 1024] in QB. You can now set up an online bank account in QuickBooks and track your income and expenses in reduced time and effort. However, if you again get QuickBooks error OLSU 1024, dial our QuickBooks error support customer helpline 1.800.417.5147 and get it fixed effortlessly.