QuickBooks error 6106 may appear out of nowhere while accessing the company file. The interruption caused by this issue is enough for the user to get frustrated and look for straightforward resolutions. Worry not, as you have come to the right blog that will guide you out of this troubling issue into a seamless QB performance.
QuickBooks error code 6106, 1069 take place when a user tries to access the company file. The damaged QuickBooks company file is one of the most obvious reasons that can evoke the QuickBooks company file error -6106, 1069. To resolve the error, you need to repair the QuickBooks account in the first place. The inability to access the QuickBooks company file can occur for several reasons. So, read this post until the end to find and fix the possible causes behind the error.
Getting QuickBooks Desktop error 6106, 1069 while opening your financial records? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to get the most relevant solution.
What does QuickBooks Error 6106 1069 Mean?
QuickBooks error code 6106 1069 emerges when you are trying to open a QuickBooks Company file. The main reason behind this is corrupted configuration files that help QB to function correctly. When you try to obtain a file on the network, the firewall may block the network access. Further issues may arise while accessing files in multi-user mode.
The error message accompanying the QuickBooks error code 6106 states, “QuickBooks was unable to reset the database service. Please restart your computer and try opening the company file again. If the problem persists, please contact Intuit and provide the following error codes: (-6106,1069)?”
Opening a new or old company file becomes highly challenging with this error. Therefore, knowing what causes it and eliminating these triggers will help cut the error from its root.
Why does Intuit Error Code 6106, 1069 appear?
Error 6106 QuickBooks in QuickBooks can crop up due to several reasons mentioned in the below-given list:
- If you are using an outdated version of the Windows
- Damaged QuickBooks Database Server Manager service
- Corrupt installation of QB Desktop.
- Windows Firewall restricts access to the network.
- Damaged QuickBooks Desktop application and company files.
- The QB file location might exceed the file system path limitation.
- An old QB app version may also lead to this error.
- Having the QB installed on the non-native QB version can invite the error.
- The language and regional settings in the application are misconfigured, causing the error code 6106 QuickBooks.
- The QBDataServiceUserXX might be damaged, leading to this error.
- Third-party interference can also cause this error.
If you’re facing any of these glitches in the system, you need to troubleshoot the error correctly.
Signs of QuickBooks Error 6106 1069
You may experience the following symptoms when error 6106 QuickBooks strikes your system:
- Your company file won’t be accessible due to the error.
- The QB application shuts down, freezes, or crashes frequently.
- Even though you have made multiple mouse and keyboard commands, you don’t get adequate responses.
- You may experience a grey or black screen.
- Your computer and background apps might not work seamlessly.
- You can’t create, edit, or delete a company file.
All these reasons prompt users to look for effective resolution methods for error 6106 QuickBooks Desktop. So, the following section deals with its troubleshooting.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6106, 1069 When Opening Company File
Surmounting the various causes behind the QuickBooks error 6106 1069 can help you resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Application to The Latest Release
Before you proceed to the other troubleshooting solutions, make sure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest maintenance release. It will ensure error code 6106 QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t remain in the app:
- Open QuickBooks, and from the Help menu, choose the Update QuickBooks tab
- Now from the Update QuickBooks window, click Update Now
- Checkmark the checkbox following to Reset Update to delete all the previously downloaded updates
- Click on Get Updates icon
- Restart QuickBooks to finish the task
- For complete instructions, follow our article “How to Update QuickBooks.”
Try the next solution if it does not resolve the QuickBooks update error 6106, 1069.
Solution 2: Turn Off Hosting If the File Is Locally Stored On The System
If you use QuickBooks company files locally on your computer, then you need to ensure that the Hosting is turned off. It will help fix QuickBooks message code 6106:
- Open the QuickBooks application, and from the File menu, select Utilities
- Click Stop Hosting to Multi-User Access
- Click Yes on the confirmation window
If the error: -6106, 1069 continues, try the following troubleshooting technique.
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks Error Code 6106, 1069
Follow the below-given steps to perform the repair procedure to fix the situation when you’re getting error code 6106 QuickBooks:
- Quit QuickBooks in the first place
- Press Windows + E keys together to open the system window
- Hit Change or uninstall a program
- Now in the QuickBooks installation window, select Next
- Click the Repair radio button and then click the Repair option
- Hit Finish, and it will repair the damaged installation of the QuickBooks application
If QuickBooks error code 6106, 1069 persist, then try the following method.
Solution 4: Check The Version Of The Installed Windows
The below-given steps can help you to accomplish the task and eliminate getting error 6106 QuickBooks:
- First of all, search the hard drive of the winver.exe file
- You may find the file in the location C:\ System32 folder \Windows
- Right-click the winver.exe file and choose Properties from the drop-down menu
- Make sure that the version of Windows is English to ensure the smooth operation of QuickBooks on your system
- For step-by-step instructions, check the article “How to check Windows Version.”
- Perform the following procedure if the QuickBooks company file error -6106, 1069 continues.
Solution 5: Repair Damaged QBDataServiceUserXX
To repair the damaged QBDataServiceUserXX, follow the below-stated steps to avoid getting message 6106 QuickBooks desktop:
- Go to the Windows Start button and search “Control Panel” in the given area
- Now click Administrative Tools, and then click Services
- Right-click the service that suits your version of QuickBooks software and choose Properties from the drop-down
- Hit Log On tab, mark the Local System account box and click OK.
- Close the Services window and launch the QuickBooks application to see if the issue is resolved.
Solution 6: Alter the Name of .ND and .TLG Files
You can rectify the damaged .ND and .TLG files by changing their name and adding a .OLD extension to the files. The steps to execute this process and resolve QuickBooks error 6106 1069 are as follows:
- Shut down all QB programs running on the Desktop and navigate to the location where company files are available.
- Browse this folder and find files with .nd and .tlg extensions in the name.
- Right-click such files and hit the option ‘Rename’ to edit and add .OLD to the name.
Once done, reopen QuickBooks and check the status of error 6106 QuickBooks. QuickBooks automatically creates new files, which you must sign in and access to verify the issue.
Solution 7: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
You can fix your company file and QuickBooks error code 6106 1069 by implementing the QB File Doctor as follows:
- Begin by downloading the QB Tool Hub installer package from the official Intuit website.
- After it downloads to the preferred or default location, you can begin its installation procedure.
- Execute the installation wizards and accept the terms and conditions regarding the tool hub to rectify error 6106 1069 QuickBooks.
- After the installation ends, start using QB Tool Hub per your needs.
- To access the QB File Doctor, click the Company File Issues tab.
- Select QB File Doctor from the tools list.
- Allow it to start scanning the available company file or browse to find the damaged company file.
- After ending the scan, you can start using the application and the company file free of error 6106 1069 QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 8: Verify the root cause of the error to permanently eliminate it
Check from where you are getting error 6106 1069 QuickBooks. Do so by verifying the damage or corruption in the company file. Opening a sample company file can help you fix this issue. When the sample file opens successfully, but the company file throws errors, it’s clear that the error lies with the QB company file. However, if the issue lies with the company and sample files, you’ll notice that the app installation is troublesome, leading to these errors. Therefore, you’ll need to reinstall the QB application.
If you’re stuck with the first situation, you should copy the company file to a different location and check if the error arises due to the damaged file location. When you’re doing so, run the sample file as follows:
- Select the Open a sample file option when you open the No Company Open Window. Choose any sample company file from the list.
- If the sample file opens, but the company file doesn’t follow the succeeding steps. However, if the sample file doesn’t open, you must reinstall QB.
Copy the Company File to the Desktop
Copying the company file and opening it from a new place can help you detect the error. When the file is stored in an inside folder, exceeding the file system path limitations will cause trouble accessing the file. So, removing the file from the internal folder can help rectify the issue as follows:
- Launch the folder having your company file.
- Locate the .QBW extension files in the folder.
- Right-click and choose copy on these files.
- Return to your desktop and right-click in the empty space. Select new > folder.
- Create a new folder, open it, right-click, and paste the file into this folder.
- Now, hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard while you open QB to access the No Company Open screen.
- Select Open or Restore an Existing Company File and opt for the newly pasted file.
The issue is resolved when it opens error-free. When it doesn’t, you need to restore the file.
The above-explained sets of solutions can help you troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6106, 1069. If you are facing any difficulty or need assistance from QB professionals, dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430. It will connect you to one of our experts, who will assist you with the best solutions to eliminate error code 6106, 1069.
The tell-tale signs of your system getting affected by QuickBooks error 6106 1069 are as follows:
1. Your system may keep crashing frequently.
2. Despite multiple requests, your application may not respond.
3. You may see a grey or blank screen or buttons.
4. QuickBooks application freezing at regular intervals can impact performance.
The QuickBooks error message of the 6000 series errors 6106 and 1069 warns the user as follows:
“QuickBooks is facing trouble restarting the database services. Try to restart your device and open the QB file again.”
The error message may give troubleshooting solutions, but if they don’t work, consider this guide for assistance.
You can restore the backup company file to reach the error-free file version. You must turn the hosting mode off when you try restoring the backup. Do so by launching the QB application. Next, select the File menu, followed by Utilities. Finally, select Yes to confirm the Stop Hosting Multi-user Access option. Again, select Yes to close the company file.
After restoring the backup, check if the error persists. When the problem continues, you need to use the Auto Data Recovery tool. A damaged company file can get resolved through this tool. Consult a professional if you cannot rectify this error on your own.