QuickBooks is one of the most successful accounting applications that has been serving its users with newer and better tools and features with every update that it brings forward. However, there is a set of errors that comes in uninvited every time the user downloads and installs the latest updates – the 15xxx series of errors. In this blog, we will discuss one such glitch – QuickBooks Error 15214, which is supported by a sub-text saying “The payroll update did not complete successfully. This error can occur if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.” So, let us jump right into the blog and gain a better understanding of this fault.
If you are looking for a way out of QuickBooks Error 15214, your search ends here. Connect with our tech professionals right now and receive the most accurate advice instantly. Call 1.800.417.5147.
Key Reasons that Trigger QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15214
There can be numerous factors that can lead to QuickBooks 2021 error 15214, some of which have been mentioned here –
- When the QB File Copy Service is not enabled on the device.
- Improper settings in Internet Explorer can result in QuickBooks error 15214.
- When the digital signature certificate is not updated.
- A disruption causes by the Windows Firewall settings.
- An unstable internet connection can also encourage this error message.
Read more :- How to Safely Resolve QuickBooks Online Banking Error 355?
Practical Techniques to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 15214
Read the explained steps carefully to rectify error QB update error 15214 permanently –
Solution 1 –Enable the File Copy Service for Intuit QuickBooks Desktop
Since the primary cause behind QuickBooks error message 15214 is a disabled FCS, we will turn it on by following the below instructions –
- Exit from active screens for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Windows button to bring up the Start menu.
- Go to the search panel and type Computer.
- Move your cursor to Computer, right-click on it and choose the Manage option.
- Press the Services and Applications tab and click twice on Services.
- Search and select Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Tap on the General button, go to the Startup Type menu and choose Manual.
- Hit the Apply button, then click Start and finally press OK to confirm.
- Access QuickBooks Desktop and download the pending payroll tax table updates.
Solution 2 – Execute a Clean Installation for QuickBooks Desktop
In order to fix issues like payroll update error 15214, you need to perform a QBDT clean install by uninstalling the application, renaming its installation folder and then reinstalling it –
- Click on the Windows icon and tap on the search bar while on the Start menu.
- Type Control Panel and select the Control Panel option.
- In the upcoming window, tap on Programs and Features.
- Hit the Uninstall a Program option and choose QuickBooks Desktop from the displayed list of applications and programs.
- Press the Uninstall/ Change tab on the top of the screen and hit Next.
- When the system asks you to choose between Remove or Repair, choose Remove.
- Follow the on-screen wizard to complete the uninstallation process.
- Right-click on it, select Rename and add the .OLD extension to the name of the folder.
- Visit Intuit’s website and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once this process is over, reboot your system and download the latest updates.
Read more :- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet to Fix QuickBooks Error 176
Solution 3 – Include QuickBooks and Intuit as Trusted Websites in Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer may identify Intuit and QuickBooks websites as a potential threat to the security of the device, and may limit their online access. This is why you need to add these websites as Trusted Websites in the browser for safe surfing –
- Launch Internet Explorer on your screen.
- Tap on the Tools icon in the upper right corner of the window.
- From the drop-down menu, select Internet Options.
- Press the Security tab and hit the Trusted Sites button.
- Press the Site tab and include the below websites in the Trusted Sites list according to your QB version –
- For a US version –
- For a Canadian version
- For a US version –
- Tap on Close, press Apply and hit the OK button.
- Try accessing QuickBooks Desktop now.
We have put our most efficient efforts into assembling this blog for you, which aims to educate you on various facts that revolve around QuickBooks error 15214, including its causes and solutions. If you feel stuck at a particular part of the blog, or require step-by-step guidance in implementing the same, you must get in touch with our certified pro-advisors at 1.800.417.5147 for reliable assistance.
Read more :- A Handy Guide to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 40001