QuickBooks error 6177 is an annoying error in the program that takes place when you try to open your company file. When it comes to powerful accounting features and functions, QuickBooks is highly preferred among small to mid-sized businesses. However, you may experience some infuriating technical issues and glitches while harvesting the program, and error 6177 0 is one on the list. Error code 6XXX prevents users from opening their company files.
Not able to open your company file due to intuit error code 6XXX? Call our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 to avail immediate troubleshooting solution
What is QuickBooks Connection Error Code 6177 ?
You will see a message on the screen “QuickBooks is trying to open this company file” when the QuickBooks error code 6177, 0 takes place.” This means QuickBooks is unable to use the path in order to the company file typically in a multi-user environment. This blog addresses the common reasons behind the error and troubleshooting solutions in detail.
3 Possible reasons for Error 6177 in QuickBooks
The main reason behind QuickBooks 6177 is that QuickBooks finds it difficult to use the path to open the company file. Also, the below-listed reasons may cause the error to take place-
- Corruption in the QuickBooks company file or the file path
- It can be a malware or virus infection giving rise to QB error 6177
- When you delete the QuickBooks related system files accidentally
When error 6XXX takes place, users can not access a company file on their workstation, and the same error message keeps on appearing on your screen repeatedly.
How do I stop QuickBooks Error 6177, 0?
You can fix error message 6177 by following the below-described troubleshooting solutions with the utmost attention.
Solution 1- Move and Open File From a Different Location
You need to move the company file from the old location to your local hard drive and then move it back to the original location.
- Use File Explorer on your PC or server to find the folder having the QuickBooks company file.
- Note the name and location of the drive.
- Now Copy the company file and paste it on your local C: drive.
- Create a company file that is portable.
- Move the file you have created to the original drive.
- Check whether the solution is helpful in fixing the error or not.
NOTE: Make sure to backup your company file to an external storage device to avoid data loss while troubleshooting the error. For detailed instructions follow article Backup Files on Windows and Mac.
Solution 2- Update Your QuickBooks Desktop
Try updating QuickBooks to the latest release and then re-check the error 6XXX. The required steps are listed below:
- Login to QuickBooks as Administrator and tap on Update QuickBooks located under the Help menu.
- Now, under the Options tab, tap on Mark all option.
- Select Save for the above-provided steps and then open the Update Now tab.
- Ensure that Reset Update box is marked and then click on Get Updates.
- After the completion of the update, close QuickBooks and then reopen the program.
- Now restart the system to get the installation done.
Solution 3. Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
You can download the QuickBooks file doctor and utilize it to resolve the Error 6XXX. The tool scans your company file, clean it up, and refreshes the location. Moreover, it also repairs the damaged company file. It can also resolve some of the network issues. To utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, you need to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system getting the error:
- Exit QuickBooks and download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Install the application by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now, proceed further by agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- After the software installation finishes, open the Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon.
Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Within the Tool Hub, click Company File Issues.
- Choose QuickBooks File Doctor and choose the company file from the drop-down list.
- If you’re unable to find the file, click Browse to search the file.
- Next, choose the Check your file option and click Continue.
- At last, provide the QuickBooks admin password details and click Next.
When the tool finishes scanning an repair process, open the company file. If the error persists, move to the next solution.
Solution 4- Fix the Company File Path Manually
If all of the above-given solutions are not able to resolve the error 6177 in QuickBooks, then you need to perform manual troubleshooting.
- On the server, find the folder having the QuickBooks company data file.
- Now search the corresponding file with .ND extension and delete it.
- Install and open QuickBooks Database Manager on the server.
- Now use Database Manager to scan the folder having the company file by clicking Start Scan.
- Click Close when the scan is finished.
- Now define the permissions that support the sharing of company files.
- Again check the status of QuickBooks error 6177 whether the issue is resolved or not.
Still Facing to fix QuickBooks Error 6177
Hope the company file QuickBooks error 6177 is fixed after performing the described troubleshooting steps. If not, then you need to contact the QuickBooks data service team which have years of experience in resolving such data file connection issues They are available round the clock at +1 800-579-9430.