QuickBooks error 6000 is a common technical error that takes place while users attempt to open a company file. QuickBooks is a vast accounting software and therefore can’t remain devoid of the technical glitches. It has many robust features and functions to offer to the small and mid-sized businesses, but technical issues are also a common part of the user experience. QuickBooks error 6000 can be perplexing sometimes but can be fixed with some easy steps.
Encountered QuickBooks error code 6000 and clueless about what to do next? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 to get all your answers from qualified professionals.
QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 – Detailed Description
6000 series error in QuickBooks, has a group of three to four-digit numbers at its end that depicts the nature of the glitch. For instance, QuickBooks Error 6000, 77 indicates that the error is caused as your company file is stored in an improper folder. There can be several reasons that can cause an error when you try to open your company file. Don’t fret! This blog can acquaint users with the error code, its possible causes, and easy troubleshooting solutions. Just read until the end, and you will be able to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6000 like a certified professional.
Possible causes for error code 6000:
Knowing the possible reasons for an error can help you to fix it more efficiently. The below-mentioned reasons can be responsible for error 6000 to take place-
- Fallible configuration of the network connection on your computer
- Simultaneous login made to the same company file by different users
- Inexact settings of your Internet security software
- A corrupted QuickBooks installation file can be another possible reason for the error.
- It can be a corrupted .TLD file causing QB error 6000 when opening a company file.
- When you try to restore a previous backup of your company file
- When the company file you are trying to open is damaged
- The folder storing company file might be damaged
Symptoms of intuit QB error code 6000:
The symptoms of the QuickBooks error code 6000 when opening company file are listed below-
- QB error 6000 message appears on the screen and destroys the running program window
- You see Windows installation error code 6000 on your screen
- The performance of the Windows becomes sluggish, and it responds slowly to the mouse or keyboard input.
- Your PC freezes for a few seconds.
How Can I Resolve QuickBooks error 6000?
Since there are different possible reasons for the error to occur, therefore, different solutions are required to solve the error code 6000. Here we go!
Solution 1- Recreate the folder containing the company file.
A damaged folder containing QuickBooks company file may also prevent users from opening the file and leads to QuickBooks error 6000. Recreating the folder can help in the error resolution-
- On your C drive create a new folder
- Now go to the folder where the file is saved and open it
- Find your QuickBooks company (.qbw) file
- Right-click on the company file and select Copy from the drop-down
- Now paste the file on the new folder that you have created by opening it
- Define permissions for Windows to access the company file
- Open QuickBooks and then open the file from the new folder and determine if the solution is helps fixing QuickBooks error code 6000
Solution 2- Restore a previous backup
Restoring a backup of your company file confirms that it works fine the same as the new one. Get the job done by following these steps-
- Open QuickBooks company file
- Now click File>>Utility
- If there is Stop Hosting Multi-user access, click it
- Rename your company file within 210 characters with essential details about the same
- If the QuickBooks error code 6000 still sustains, proceed to the next step
Solution 3- Change the inexact configuration of firewall and Anti-virus software
A fallible configuration of the windows firewall or internet security software can prevent the system from establishing a connection with the Internet. Change the configuration to the appropriate settings by following the below-given steps-
- Go to QuickBooks Database Server Manager and open it
- Find port monitor tab and then determine the version of the QuickBooks you are using
- Note down the Firewall port number
- Now open your Windows Firewall and then tap on Advanced Settings
- Proceeding further, right-click on the inbounds and select New Rule from the options
- Click on Port and then Next
- Check the status of error 6000 in QuickBooks
Solution 4- Rename the .ND and .TLG files.
.ND and .TLG files enable QB Desktop to access the company files in a network or multi-user environment. Renaming can fix the problem when these files are damaged.
- Open the location where you have stored the company file and locate the file you want to troubleshoot
- Find the same file name having .ND and .TLG extensions
- Right-click on the file and change their extensions.
- Ensure that the file extensions have .OLD at the end of them
- Now reopen QuickBooks and perform login to check if QuickBooks error 6000 is fixed or not.
Solution 5- Open the company file on the Desktop
Try to open the company file on another location and verify if it helps in the error resolved.
- Open the file location and select the file for troubleshooting
- Copy the file from the old folder and Paste it to your Desktop
- You may also move the file to your local or network drive
Performing the described steps can help you to determine the status of your QuickBooks error 6000.
Following the above-given elucidation, you can get fix the annoying technical error code 6000. If you feel any technical distress while resolving QuickBooks error 6000, dial QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147 for immediate assistance.