QuickBooks is a well-structured application that serves world-class accounting solutions to its users across the globe. Along with a wide variety of features, QB has the facility to operate on two modes: multi-user and single-user. However, there is a standard issue that has been troubling users for a while.
QuickBooks Error 6000 305 is an error that comes up when the users try to operate their company data files. In most cases, it is the multi-user mode in which the issue strikes the device. As a result, they completely lose access to the data file leading to loss of time, energy, and business while attempting to resolve the issue. A few common symptoms of this issue include – delayed responses from the software, irregular and sudden Windows shutdown, and greying out of specific tabs. We have curated this blog to serve as a guide to those who are facing this problem. Read it till the end if you are one of them.
Are you stuck with QuickBooks Error 6000 305 and can’t find a workable solution? Instead, consult our tech advisors and understand the most effective ways to get rid of the same. Dial +1-800-579-9430 Now.
How does QuickBooks Error Message 6000 305 Arise?
The quickest way to resolve QB Error 6000 305 is to first learn about the factors that cause it. Here is a list of the primary reasons behind this error –
- If your network is not set up correctly, you might encounter this issue on your device.
- Damage or corruption in the company data file.
- A partial installation of the QuickBooks program may tend to trigger QuickBooks Error Code 6000 305.
- Misconfiguration in the multi-user setup/ hosting settings.
- If the QB component files are missing or encounter an issue.
How to Fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 305 Quickly?
Now that we are fully aware of the reasons that cause Error 6000 305 in QuickBooks read below some proven techniques that will help you fix the error yourself in no time –
Technique 1 – Alter the Component File Names and Run the Server Manager
Damage in the support/ component files may lead to irrecoverable errors, which is why it is necessary to modify them before anything comes up –
- Navigate to the folder in which your QB company file is stored.
- Look for the Network Data and Transaction Log files, ones with the name similar to your data file but with .ND and .TLG extensions, respectively.
- Right-click on both the files separately and click on Rename.
- Add .OLD to their names and press the Enter key to save the changes.
- Next, you need to download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded file on your desktop and double-click on it to begin the installation process.
- Once this is complete, open the Tool hub and click on the Network Issues button.
- From here, you need to select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Search for your company file by clicking on Browse and then hit the Start Scan button.
- Allow the program to run and close the window after this.
- Access QuickBooks Desktop along with your company file to check for the issue.
Technique 2 – Switch the File Location from Network to Local Drive
Since QuickBooks Network Error 6000 305 arises due to an organized network drive/ folder, you must move your company file from there to the local drive to resolve the issue –
- Open your company file from the network drive folder.
- Look for your data file (with .qbw extension), right-click on it, and select Copy.
- Go to your local C: drive and create a folder named QB Test.
- Open the folder and paste the copied data file by clicking right and selecting Paste.
- Moving further, hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Ensure that you do not release the key until the No Company Open window shows up.
- Tap on the “Open or restore an existing company” option and locate the file that you pasted in QB Test.
- The error should not exist anymore once the location is changed.
Technique 3 – Configure the Hosting and End all Active Processes
Incorrect settings in the multi-user code can disrupt the entire QB process. In this method, we will recheck these configurations and then end some QB tasks to prevent issues –
- Access QB on your server computer and press the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Go to the section with the Local Server Information and check if the hosting mode is turned on.
- Next, you need to check each of your workstations and repeat the process.
- Verify that the hosting mode is disabled on all the devices apart from the server to avoid errors.
- Move back to your server computer and press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together on your keyboard to trigger a menu.
- Select Task Manager from the list to open a new prompt box.
- Hit the Processes tab and locate the following in the list –
- Tap on each of these and press the End Task button. Close the window.
- Open QuickBooks and switch to the multi-user mode and access the file.
So, this was all about QuickBooks Error 6000 305. In this article, we focused on explaining its causes and corresponding solutions to help you get hold of the error and eliminate it permanently. It is possible that due to an invisible glitch, the issue does not go away. For such situations, we recommend you get in touch with our team of professionals at +1-800-579-9430 for prompt resolution.