QuickBooks Error 15240 might appear on your screen while updating QB Desktop and interrupt your operations with QuickBooks Desktop. If you can’t seem to eliminate the issue and it keeps troubling you, keep reading this blog and find effective fixes.
QuickBooks update error 15240 is a message code in the software used to represent the message while updating QB Desktop or the payroll tax table. You can see the error message on your screen that says- Error 15240: The Payroll Update did not complete successfully.
As a result of error 15240, you can experience one of the issues like “You may not be able to open your specified file. You need to see if any other program is using the file you want to open” or “An unknown Internet connection error.” Read this blog post until the end to know the possible causes and troubleshooting solutions for the QuickBooks payroll update error 15240.
You may contact our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 for the instant resolution of QuickBooks payroll update error 15240 if you do not have enough time to find solutions in the blog.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table Update Error 15240?
QuickBooks Error 15240 Payroll Update appears when your payroll update is unsuccessful. You receive a few error messages stating the following:
“Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully.”
Other messages include:
- “File Exists: The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not being used by another program.
- Internet connection error: unknown error”
Misconfigured security settings of Internet Explorer, restrictions due to the firewall, and hampered system’s date and time can lead to QuickBooks Error 15240 Payroll Update. It is a standard error and can appear anytime. Therefore, you need to find its triggers and resolve them effectively.
Why does QB Error 15240 Emerge?
While downloading a payroll update, Intuit Quickbooks Error 15240 can be triggered due to the following reasons-
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is not updated to the latest maintenance release.
- While working in a terminal service environment, QuickBooks multi-user mode is turned on.
- A damaged software update can bring forth QuickBooks error 15240.
- When the specified download link is incorrect, but the shared download is active.
- The QuickBooks error with the same code can occur if you are not logged in as an administrator.
- Corruption in Windows Registry or damaged windows can also cause QuickBooks maintenance to release QB message 15240.
- Your system’s date and time settings are not set correctly.
- The firewall settings might be restricting QB’s connectivity, leading to problems in payroll updates.
- QuickBooks payroll error code 15240 arises because of misconfigured Internet Explorer security settings.
- Accidentally erasing a crucial QB file or record can lead to this issue.
- Viruses and malware attacks are also culprits of payroll error code 15240.
In such situations, you need to analyze the signs you’re facing to validate the presence of QB Error 15240. These signs are listed below.
How does QB Desktop Error 15240 Affect Functioning?
On the arrival of error 15240 QuickBooks update, you may face the following issues-
- A download of the latest maintenance release in QuickBooks gets stopped, and you cannot proceed further.
- Payroll cannot be updated once this QuickBooks Error 15240 Payroll Update appears.
- You may not be able to perform your payroll tasks.
- Frequent crashes in the computer or drowsy performance of the windows.
- Windows will have a sluggish performance.
- You’ll receive a pop-up of error code 15240 QuickBooks.
- Mouse and keyboard inputs won’t work or work poorly.
These circumstances require you to resolve the error as quickly as possible. That is why we have dedicated the next section of this blog to the troubleshooting methods recommended by professionals.
Troubleshoot 15240 Error in Quickbooks
To suppress the multitudinous causes of the Intuit Quickbooks Error 15240, you need to perform different solutions that are described below-
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks as Administrator
Running QuickBooks as an administrator is an effective way to troubleshoot QuickBooks error #15240. On your Desktop, find the QuickBooks icon and double-click on it to open the program. Now select the option Run as Administrator. It may resolve the QuickBooks error. Proceed to the next solution if the error continues.
Solution 2: Utilize Clean Install Tool to Reinstall the Application
Before hopping into the troubleshooting steps, back up your QuickBooks company files to prevent data loss. A partial or damaged software installation can prevent you from downloading a payroll update. In this case, you need to repair a damaged installation, and if the error persists, re-installing the application can resolve the QuickBooks critical fixes error 15240.
- Uninstall QB in the first place
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from the legit website of Intuit.
- Install and run the tool to rename all the installation folders.
- Now, reinstall the QuickBooks application to fix this error.
Solution 3: Correct the Date & Time Settings of Your System If Wrong
If you keep getting error 15240 while updating QB Desktop, confirm your system’s date and time settings are configured correctly. If not, you must fix them to resolve this error in QuickBooks.
- Go to the Control Panel and find Change date and time settings.
- Once located, correct the wrong date and time settings on your computer.
- Click Apply and then OK to save the changes you have made.
Solution 4: Set Your IE Settings Correctly
If you’re still getting error code 15240, then you need to see your MS Internet Explorer settings.
- Open IE
- Open Advanced Tab from Internet options
- Scroll down to discover SSL2.0 and SSL3.0 options
- Checkmark the boxes intended for these two options
- Click Apply and then OK to bring these settings into effect. Check the presence of Intuit Quickbooks Error 15240.
Solution 5: Do Check the Third Party Firewall
The firewall may be one of the reasons you are getting error 15240 QuickBooks. It may interfere with the smooth communication of the software with other files. Therefore, keep a check on these settings as follows:
- You can consult the third-party firewall developer on steps to adjust the settings and allow QuickBooks to download and install the latest updates.
- Moreover, give access to the following files through the firewall:
- Ports 80 and 443 are not disabled.
Solution 6: Provide Permissions to the QB Installation Folder
Exit the QB Desktop and launch the File Manager. Now do the following to rectify error 15240 QuickBooks Desktop:
- Browse the path C drive\Program Files\ folder and right-click the Intuit folder. The path will be C:\ Program Files (x86) for 64-bit users.
- Now, hit Properties and move to the Security tab. Then, tap the Advanced Option.
- Ensure the folder owner is the user group. If it’s not so, you need to take ownership of the same. You can do so by taking the following actions given below:
- Navigate to the Advanced security settings and hit the Change option beside the owner’s name.
- In the “Enter the object name to the select field,” type Users and hit the Check Names option.
- Hit OK and tick-mark the Replace Owner on subcontainers and objects box.
- Single-click Apply > OK.
- Now, from the Permissions category, choose Users and then the Full Control option.
- End by choosing Apply > OK.
- Download the updates and check if the error code 15240 QuickBooks Desktop persists. Repeat the steps for the following folders as well:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- (64-bit users) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Intuit
Solution 7: Use the Utilities in QuickBooks Tool Hub
When you get QuickBooks message code 15240, you can use QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix the errors. The tool hub is a one-stop shop for all the utilities that allow you to resolve different problems in QuickBooks. QB Tool Hub contains different sections and tools regarding the issue. Let’s see how you can download and install it:
- Go to the official Intuit website to locate the QB tool hub link.
- Click it and let the download complete successfully.
- You can either pick a preferable location on your own by selecting Browse or let it save to the default downloads folder.
- After the download ends, you can visit this location on your system and double-tap the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- The installation wizards will emerge and act on them accordingly. Accept the terms and conditions and ensure successful tool hub installation.
- Once done, you can start using QB Tool Hub to fix issues due to which you are getting error code 15240 QuickBooks.
The different sections and tools to use in QB Tool Hub are as follows:
Company File Issues
In the company file issues section, you can use QuickBooks File Doctor and Quick Fix My File to resolve errors with the company file and also certain issues with the connection to the company file.
If you face problems in network connectivity and multi-user mode, you can use QuickBooks Database Server Manager and QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool to resolve certain problems with QuickBooks Desktop. Hopefully, you’ll stop getting error 15240 QuickBooks.
This tab contains the Quick Fix My Program to help resolve sluggish QB performance and related problems while running it on Windows systems.
Resolve errors related to QB installation by using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. You won’t be getting message 15240 QuickBooks Desktop after this.
Solution 8: Allow exceptions for QB Programs in Windows Firewall
Since QuickBooks uses executable files in QB Desktop to accomplish tasks, you should create an exception for each executable file. Do so as follows:
- Launch the Windows start menu and type Windows Firewall. Double-tap the result.
- Hit Advanced Settings, followed by Inbound Rules.
- Now, tap New Rule, followed by Program > Next.
- Select the This Program Path icon, then Browse.
- Locate and choose the executable files and tap Next.
- Hit Allow the Connection, followed by Next.
- Ensure to mark all profiles if prompted, then tap Next.
- Create a rule and name it like QBFirewallexception (name.exe).
- Repeat all these steps for Outbound Rules.
|AutoBackupExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|Dbmlsync.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|DBManagerExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileManagement.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileMovementExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QuickBooksMessaging.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBW32.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBDBMgrN.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBServerUtilityMgr.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks|
|QBCFMonitorService.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks|
|QBLaunch.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks|
|QBUpdate.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate|
|IntuitSyncManager.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Sync|
|OnlineBackup.exe||C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Online Backup|
The solutions described in the post can help you to fix QuickBooks Error 15240 Payroll Update. However, you can get it done with the least hassle by contacting a qualified QB professional. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 and let the experts handle this error.
The two error messages that arise with QB error 15240:
1. QuickBooks Error 15240: HResult XXXXX The payroll update didn’t finish successfully.
2. QuickBooks Error 15240: HResult XXXXX QB update didn’t complete successfully
The QB Error 15240 appears in the following Windows OS:
1. Windows 7
2. Windows 8
3. Windows 10
4. Windows 2000
5. Windows XP
6. Windows Vista
7. Windows ME
Firstly, try to restart your device and open QuickBooks to see if the error 15240 persists. Then, try checking the firewall settings and add QB ports as an exception to the firewall. Do so as follows:
1. In the start menu, search for Windows Firewall.
2. Open it and go to Advanced Settings.
3. Right-click Inbound Rules and create a New Rule.
4. Hit Port and Next.
5. Ensure to choose TCP and enter the specific ports according to your QB year’s version in the specific local ports field.
6. Tap Next after entering the port number.
7. Choose to allow the connection and hit Next.
8. Mark all the profiles and select Next.
9. Form a rule and name it.
10. Tap Finish once you’re done.