QuickBooks error 15106 is an intimidating update error in the software that can prevent you from opening an update program. In spite of having many robust features, QuickBooks sometimes ends up displaying annoying technical issues. Accountants and business owners across several industries utilize QuickBooks to strengthen their accounting process. You can get a new update now and again with improved features and functions in the QuickBooks, also known as maintenance releases. In this blog, we will discuss in detail the reasons and resolutions of error 15106 in QuickBooks a comprehensive manner.
Annoyed with QuickBooks desktop error 15106 to the core and looking immediate assistance. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 to get rid of the technical nuisance
What Does QuickBooks Error Code 15106 Means?
- “Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened” or
- “Error 15106: The update program is damaged” when updating QuickBooks Desktop.
With the error status, the message also prompts you to go through the troubleshooting steps to resolve the technical problem. You can face this QuickBooks error code while installing the latest update. There can be various feasible reasons that can trigger this error in your day-to-day business accounting.
There are multitudinous issues that can result in QuickBooks desktop update error 15106. Below is the list-
- It can be your Internet security application such as Antivirus or Antispyware blocking the installation of a new update for the security reasons.
- If you are not logged in as the Administrator in your computer then, you are prone to the QuickBooks error 15106 due to inadequate permissions.
- The error can also be resulted due to inappropriate Windows UAC settings.
Now that you are aware of the possible reasons behindthis same error code, let’s embark on the journey to the troubleshoot the error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error Message Code 15106?
There are three popular methods that can help you to resolve QB Error 15106 while installing the latest update. Let’s start troubleshooting by going through the methods one by one.
It is the first method that you should implement step-by-step for the error-resolution.
- Open Runbox by clicking Windows + R simultaneously.
- Enter Control Panel in the given area and then in no time click OK.
- Now in User Accounts, login as Admin.
- already logged in as Admin, then- close QuickBooks, right-click QB Desktop icon and select Run as administrator.
- Now that you have all admin rights, you can try to update QuickBooks again to fix QB Error Message Code 15106.
In case, your Internet security applications are preventing the update process; this troubleshooting method can help in error rectification-
- Right-click your anti-virus software and next you will see a drop-down having the option to disable the application.
- Disable your Anti-virus software temporarily.
- Now try to install the latest QuickBooks update again to get the improved features in your day-to-day business accounting.
If QB Error Message Code 15106 persists, then turning off User Account Control is the other method you can implement for the error resolution-
- Open Run box by clicking Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Provide the box with the text Control Panel and click OK right after the entry.
- Now click System and Security and then Security and Maintenance.
- Next, in User Account Control tap on Change Settings.
- A new screen will appear as a result of your previous action where you have to move the slider to Never Notify option and then click OK.
- Click Yes if prompted and then check the status of QB Error Message Code.
If all the steps are performed correctly, then you will not see QuickBooks error 15106 message again striking on the screen. However, if you want a professional to fix this error for you, dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 and get what is desired.