QuickBooks error 1328 is an intricate technical error that occurs while installing or uninstalling the software. You may also confront the error 1328 QuickBooks while you attempt to repair or update QuickBooks to the latest maintenance release. The error may crop up due to various possible reasons in QuickBooks. To resolve them, you must learn more about the multiple aspects of the concerned QB update error 1328. This blog post unfolds the possible causes behind the error code 1328, its indications, and ways to troubleshoot it. Let’s proceed!
Glued to the annoying QuickBooks Desktop error 1328 and looking for a way out? Our QuickBooks error support number, 1.800.579.9430, can connect you with an adept professional to investigate the matter.
Defining QuickBooks Error 1328
QuickBooks error code 1328 represents a standard error in QuickBooks that takes place during the update or installation of the software program. The error message appears on the screen with its details and different option buttons in the box. Error 1328 applying the patch to file reference has the same path as C:\config.msi\, but another representation.
The error message accompanying QuickBooks error code 1328 is as follows:
“Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.”
This error interrupts the installation, uninstallation, update, and repair procedure of the QB app. You’ll receive options like retry, abort, and ignore in the error message. The challenge and struggles posed by this problem can be overwhelming for a user. Reinstalling QB and repairing the installation issues is one way of resolving error 1328 QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks error message 1328 can be resolved by digging into the possible reasons behind the error. So let’s begin the quest to fix error 1328!
Why does QuickBooks Error 1328 Arise?
Below is the list enclosing all the possible causes that may give rise to the error 1328-
- When the download cannot be completed quickly, error 1328 can arise.
- Uninstallation process having invalid entries in the Window registry.
- Abrupt power discontinuation causes erroneous system shutdown.
- Malicious virus attacks can provoke Error code 1328 in QuickBooks while installing.
- A faulty system configuration can also evoke the error 1328 QuickBooks desktop while managing your business accounting.
- A corrupt software file can expose the installation process to the vulnerability of discussed technical error.
- The incorrect installation process is also one reason in the long list.
- Any interruption in the network can obstruct the download or installation process and trigger error code 1328 in QB Desktop.
- If you’re entering incorrect license information, incompatible with the QB Desktop version, you may face the installation error 1328 QuickBooks.
- Damaged system files may lead to this error.
These challenges can be hard to bear, mainly when their outcomes cause productivity loss. So let’s look into the consequences of error 1328 QuickBooks Desktop.
Signs to Identify QuickBooks Installation Error 1328
When error 1328 in QuickBooks Desktop occurs, it gives you some indication of the occurrence. Below is the list-
- You may not be able to update your QuickBooks software.
- You may be obstructed from accomplishing the repair process of the software.
- An error message appears on the screen describing the issue.
- The sluggish response of Windows or frequent crashes can be observed.
- Slow response of the QuickBooks software, or it crashes now and then.
- You may find it difficult to install or uninstall the QuickBooks software.
It is visible how damaging error code 1328 QuickBooks Desktop can be. So, let’s look into troubleshooting it effectively and quickly.
Ways to Rectify QuickBooks Error 1328
As soon as the QuickBooks error message 1328 appears on your screen, you need to implement the following steps to fix error 1328 on the QB desktop-
Solution 1: Locate & Rename Config.msi File
When the QuickBooks message code 1328 strikes, the first solution you need to do is to find and rename the config.msi folder on your system. Config.msi contains the temporary files that can hinder the process that QuickBooks performs.
- Locate config.msi from your C: Drive.
- Double-click on the file and a drop-down will appear.
- Select Rename from the drop-down.
- Take the cursor to the end of the file name and add .old to it.
- Press Enter to save the changes.
- Hide the protected files once again and check for QuickBooks update error 1328.
Solution 2: Repair the Damaged QuickBooks Installation
Log into Windows as Administrator for this method and go to the Features in your Windows Control Panel. After that, you must find your QuickBooks product and tap the uninstall/change button. The given series of actions will make the QuickBooks installer appear on your screen, where you can choose the Repair option. Once the repair process is finished, try to update the software again. If you are still getting error code 1328 QuickBooks, follow the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 3: Utilize Registry Repair Tool for the Error Resolution
The Registry Repair Tool can be helpful in the case when the installation error 1328 is caused due to invalid entries in the Windows registry. It will repair damaged registry entries generating the error code 1328 on QuickBooks desktop. Alongside running the tool, you also need to cure the malware infections of your system. After cleaning up your system:
- Uninstall outdated PC Device Drivers.
- Run Windows System File Checker, and install all essential updates for your Windows.
- After performing these steps, check if the QuickBooks error 1328 applying patch is resolved or remains unfixed.
Solution 4. Utilize QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to Fix Installation Error
When getting error 1328 QuickBooks, use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. You need to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer to do so:
- First, if you are getting error 1328, exit QuickBooks.
- Download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to downloads and open the downloaded exe file.
- Start installing the tool hub by following the on-screen instructions.
- Further, you need to mark Agree to the terms and conditions box.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop when the installation completes.
Now, run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool:
- Further on getting error code 1328, Open QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon.
- In the tool hub, click Installation Issues.
- Choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Let the tool run to fix the installation errors. It may take around 20 minutes to complete the process.
- Restart your system after the tool completes the repair.
Solution 5: Reinstall QuickBooks Using Clean Install
To do this, you first need to uninstall your QuickBooks software and then clean install QuickBooks.
- Install the software from the installation CD directly.
- Installation is done through a downloaded file.
Applying the patch, you can choose any way to complete the QuickBooks installation and eliminate QuickBooks error code 1328.
Solution 6: Update your Windows
When you are getting message 1328 QuickBooks Desktop, updating your Windows can help fix issues related to the system and QB installation:
- Press the Windows Button or Click on the start menu, then select the gear/settings option.
- In Settings, select Update & Security option.
- Select the Windows Update option from the Update and security option.
- Next, click on the Check for the update option.
Note: If any update is available, windows will automatically start downloading the update. So once the update is complete, restart the computer and check if you are still getting error code 1328 QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Use the Quick Fix my Program Utility from Tool Hub
It would help if you used the external Intuit tool, QuickBooks Tool Hub, through this solution. It helps tackle common errors in the application. Before starting, ensure you are working on the Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Close all the apps running on the system.
- Open the web browser, preferably Internet Explorer, and go to Intuit’s site to get the QuickBooks Tool Hub. You must download the latest version of the tool and save it to an easily accessible location on your system.
- Once the download of the QuickBooksToolHub.exe completes, go to the location with the file.
- Double-click on the file to initiate the download process of Tool Hub.
- Follow the instructions as they appear, and after the installation, an icon of Tool Hub will pop up on your Windows desktop screen.
Note: If the icon is not on the desktop, you must use the Windows search option to locate the icon.
Now use the Quick Fix My Program to solve the error 1328.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking on the icon.
- From the window that launches, click on Program Problems.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program.
- Open, install, uninstall, repair, or update QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved.
Solution 8: Rename Folders Containing QB Installation Files
If QuickBooks error 1328 emerges because of corrupt QuickBooks installation files or folders in the QB install directory, renaming them will restrict QB from using them. Instead, the application will generate new files in its place. So, rename them as follows:
- Begin by displaying the hidden Windows files.
- Now, open your Windows Explorer. Visit the location where your QB folders are saved. You’ll find them in the C drive.
- The QB program files are usually available in the following locations:
- “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks” or
- “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks” or
- “C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks” or
- “64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks“
- When you open the QuickBooks installation folder, right-click every file within and hit the Rename option.
- At the end of the folder name, type .OLD. Save these changes by clicking OK.
- Use QuickBooks Desktop Application again.
- If you face QB error again, step into the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 9: Use Windows System File Checker
System File Checker scan helps repair the corrupt system files. Run this method through the following troubleshooting steps:
- From the Start menu or the Run window, search for CMD (Command Prompt) box.
- Before pressing Enter on the cmd result, hit the Ctrl and Shift keys simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Then, click the Command Prompt program and open it. You’ll see a blank window of black color with a flashing cursor.
- Type SFC/Scannow in the CMD window and press Enter.
- The system file checker scan will start running and repairing the system files.
- Once done, you can reboot your device and see if error 1328 persists.
The above-described solutions can help resolve the QuickBooks Error 1328 in QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you are still facing the same issue due to any reason, reach out to the adept professionals by dialing our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430. They will look into the matter and resolve the error for you immediately.
A common reason for QuickBooks Error Code 1328 is not having the required rights on the system. You may be using credentials that are not for the admin. Therefore, in this first process, we suggest logging in using admin details on your computer.
1. Close all the processes that are running and restart your computer.
2. You will be asked to enter login details on the screen.
3. Use the admin credentials.
4. Now try to install QuickBooks to see if the error 1328 persists.
You should consult the expert team if you still encounter error 1328 after following the suggested steps. They can provide a complete proof resolution for the error while protecting your crucial data from being lost. Call the support team at 1.800.579.9430 for around-the-clock assistance.
The QuickBooks error 1328 comes with the following messages:
Error 1328: Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.
QuickBooks Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PT19C6.tmp. System error- 1072807676
It will help if you detect the error’s reasons to troubleshoot it quickly and seamlessly.