In the accounting world, the QuickBooks application has already established its authority. With the easy user interface and features to meet all the payroll needs, small to mid-sized businesses can make the most of QuickBooks. Now, as you work on this accounting application, QuickBooks may close, or you may observe that QuickBooks 2023 keeps crashing. As a result, your tasks halt, and the unsaved work gets deleted at times. It isn’t a complex formula to understand how huge it can cost your business, and to avoid such incidents; we have prepared this article.
We will discuss issues when QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly and how to fix them effortlessly. But, if you are short on time, simply call support team at 1.800.579.9430 and avoid the loss of crucial business accounting data
Possible Causes why QuickBooks Keeps Crashing 2021
Before discussing what can be done when QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly 2021 , let us look at possible causes for its occurrence. Then, you can follow a parallel solution to fix it based on what might be the reason.
- QBWUSER.INI file, which is an important file, might be corrupted or damaged completely.
- Hard Drive corruption is another reason for the QuickBooks Desktop Keeps Crashing issue.
- QuickBooks Desktop installation or the company file is damaged.
- The Windows operating system you are working on has corrupted files or is damaged.
Procedure to Resume the Work if QuickBooks 2023 Keeps Crashing
We will now discuss the troubleshooting steps if QuickBooks 2023 keeps crashing. Follow the steps as they appear in the sequence to avoid the loss of your unsaved work.
Solution 1: Rename the QBWUSER.ini File to Avoid QuickBooks keeps Shutting Down
While listing possible causes of QuickBooks 2022 keeps crashing issue, QBWUSER.ini file damage was one of them. So as to resolve the crashing/freezing issue, you must rename the QBWUSER.ini file.
Note: Before you go ahead to rename the QBWUSER.INI file, you must know that this process will remove the inventory of the last opened company files, and you must re-open the QuickBooks company file manually.
Now, let us look at the steps to rename the QBWUSER.ini file and stop the glitch due to which QuickBooks 2023 Keeps crashing.
- Access the QBWUSER.ini file folder. A template of the folder will be: Users[Your user name]AppDataLocalIntuitQuickBooks [year]
- Right-click on the QBWUSER.ini file, and from the menu, choose Rename.
- Add a suffix .old towards the end of the file.
- Additionally, you must rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file in a similar manner.
- After renaming the above files, open QuickBooks Desktop.
Now, to evaluate the cause of why QuickBooks desktop keeps crashing, here are the scenarios:
- If QuickBooks opens after renaming QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ecml file, go ahead and open a sample file. If the sample file opens without crashing or freezing QuickBooks, but your company file creates an issue, copy your file to a different folder.
- If apart from the sample file, you can also open your company file, there is an issue with the folder that hosts your company file.
- In case of an error, while opening the sample company file, the QuickBooks installation needs to be repaired.
Solution 2: When QuickBooks Keeps Crashing 2023 Windows 10, Use Quick Fix my Program
Step 1: Download and install the Latest Version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your System
- Before downloading, the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub, close the QuickBooks application.
- You must save the QUickBooks Tool Hub download file somewhere easily accessible.
- After the downloading completes, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and use on-screen instructions to install Tool Hub on your system. At last, agree to the terms and conditions displayed on your screen.
- The downloaded Tool Hub icon that will appear on your desktop.
- Click on the icon to open the tool hub.
Step 2: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub to Run the Quick Fix my Program Tool
We will use Tool Hub to run the Quick Fix program in this second step. What it does is that it will successfully close any programs used by QuickBooks that may be running in the background. As a result, your program will go through a repair process.
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop and double click on it.
- Click on the Program Problems option.
- Next, choose Quick Fix my Program.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and your company file to see if still your QuickBooks keeps crashing windows 10.
Solution 3: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool if the QuickBooks 2023 Desktop Keeps Crashing
You can evaluate and repair Microsoft components problems using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. This can be a significant reason why the QuickBooks desktop keeps crashing 2023. Hence, follow the instructions given below and get back to the smooth working of QuickBooks.
- You must have already downloaded QuickBooks Tool Hub in the previous solution. You must open it from your desktop.
- On the Tool Hub window, look for Program Problems.
- Click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option.
- The tool will start running and usually takes up to 20 minutes to fix the Microsoft component issue, due to which QuickBooks crashing when opening.
- At last, restart your system and open QuickBooks to see if you still see the application crashing or freezing.
Still QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly or Keeps Shutting Down
We understand how frustrating the situation is when QuickBooks 2023 keeps crashing windows 10. It becomes more crucial to get a way out of this problem. Through this article, we provided expert solutions to resolve the frequent crashing and freezing of QuickBooks. If you are still coming across the error, contact our support team at 1.800.579.9430 so they can look a step deeper to eliminate the root cause of the issue where your QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly.