QuickBooks no doubt is an impeccable option for Small and medium-sized enterprises due to is wide variety of options Like Payroll, ERP, budget forecasting, Accounting, etc. Though occasionally users may report the issue in the use of QuickBooks. One such problem is QBCFMonitorservice not running on this computer which is largely reported by QuickBooks users. As long as the Error QBCFmonitorservice is unable to start stays you won’t be able to use the company file.
Getting QBCFmonitorservice keeps stopping? In that circumstances, The best course of action is to contact the QuickBooks Data service Team at +1-800-579-9430, While you’re going through the below stated solutions.
Related article to read — QBDBMGRn stopped working
What does mean by QBCFmonitorservice unable to start?
Error message: QBCFmonitorservice not running on this computer appeared when an Important service called QBCFMonitor.exe stopped running. As a result of the error, you won’t be able to access the data file located on the server computer. And Restarting QBCFmonitorservice in the workstation is the best way to resolve the error.
Reasons that provoke QBCFmonitorservice not running on this computer
You might hear numerous reasons that can trigger QBCFMonitorservice to terminate unexpectedly, Still, our experts have managed to list the most common reasons for QBCFMonitorservice not running on this server.
- QBCFMonitorservice is unable to run on the server computer.
- Accidental deletion of the QBCFMonitorService.exe file by a program installed on the computer.
- Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks from communicating with the server.
- Fault in Windows registry giving rise to an error in QBCFMonitorService.exe file
- Improper or corrupt installation of the QuickBooks Desktop software can also promote Qbcfmonitorservice unable to start.
- Possible corruption in the QBCFMonitorService.exe file caused due to a virus or malware attack
- When a program is installed on the system conflicting with QBCFMonitorService.
- You have to back up your data to prevent data disruption while performing the troubleshooting methods.
- You have Installation CDs of MS Windows, QuickBooks along with license numbers (If you do not have the Installation Disk, then follow the article Create Installation Media for Windows)
How do I fix QBCFmonitorservice terminated unexpectedly?
I hope your doubts about the QBCFMonitorservice stop error, why it occurs, and what is it, are cleared. The Next step is to carry out the below-listed solutions step-by-step carefully.
Solution 1: Restart QBCFMonitorService in server and workstations
- Simultaneously press the CTRL + Shift + ESC button to open Task Manager and click on the and Processes Tab.
- Scroll down in the processes section to find the QBCFMONITORSERVICE process.
- Right-Click on the Selected process and then select the End task.
- Click on the close button to close the task manager.
- Restart the computer and open QB desktop again.
Solution 2: Run a Full Malware Scan on Your System
If the QBCF monitor service keeps stopping while accessing the company file, then run a full scan for malware or virus infections on the system. Remove the malware on finding and restart your system. If QBCFMonitorService error continues, move to the next solution.
Steps for Norton Full system scan:
- Start your Norton antivirus.
- Click on the My Norton window, Right next to the device security.
- Next, click on the Security tab and then select the scan option.
- in the Scan option, Select the Full Scan and click on Go.
Solution 3: Modify the Settings of Your Windows Firewall
Your Windows Firewall monitors how QuickBooks communicate with the network and Internet connection. It may block QuickBooks from communicating with the server giving rise to QuickBooks company file monitor service error. In this situation, you will have to make the following modifications-
- Update your Firewall software
- Add QuickBooks as an exception from being scanned
- Check if the ports required by QuickBooks to communicate with the server are blocked or not
- If blocked, you will need to open ports to enable communication with the server for QuickBooks
If QBCFMonitorService still not running issue continues, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks Database Manager Server Update
Installing the latest updates for the QuickBooks database manager server can help you in resolving QBCFMonitorService failed error. Follow the below-listed steps:
- Open QuickBooks to install the latest maintenance release
- Click Update QuickBooks from within the Help tab
- Now on the Update Now tab, checkmark all the features and patches
- Click Get Updates and wait for the application to install all the available updates
- Now restart QuickBooks both on the workstation and server
Solution 5: Set Up QuickBooks Database Manager Service
For complete instructions on setting up QuickBooks Database Server Manager follow our Guide to QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Solution 6: Repair the corrupted Windows registry files
Damaged in the windows registry may trigger malfunctions in QuickBooks. Therefore, we have recommended that if the above five listed solutions do not work, you may try to jump into the following troubleshooting step, where we have added a bunch of Windows registry repair tools to resolve QBcfmonitorservice not running.
- Outbyte PC Repair.
- Easy Cleaner.
Note: We strongly recommend that you don’t alter the value in the windows registry unless you are not professional.
Solution 7: Try to Update your windows
In this solution, You can try to perform your windows update and the steps are very simple to update windows. To update windows you may require to close all running programs. Next, click on the Start menu button, Type settings, and click on the settings icon. Click on the Security and update and At last click on windows update.
Whenever the update process will complete, make sure to restart the computer to install all downloaded updates.
You can also read — QuickBooks Desktop update not working
The troubleshooting procedures described above can help you to get rid of the QuickBooks company file monitoring service error. However, if you are stuck at a technical unease while performing the procedures or want to get any related query answered, dial our QuickBooks error support phone number at 1-800-579-9430. On connecting with one of our QB experts, explain the error symptoms. Receive the most relevant solutions based on your description to resolve the qbdbpf log file monitor service not running locally.