QuickBooks error 6210 takes place due to a damaged or ill-functioning computer. When you try to open a company file on this computer, an error message appears containing error code 6210, 0. To avoid such issues, you should keep updating QuickBooks to the latest maintenance release and check misconfigured components in Windows regularly. There are several reasons due to which company file access error emerges. Reading the full blog can help you to understand the possible reasons for the error and their troubleshooting procedures.
Dealing with perplexing QuickBooks Desktop 6210? Dial our QuickBooks error support number +1 800-579-9430 and talk a certified expert for intelligible assistance with the error
What You Mean About QuickBooks Error Code 6210
QuickBooks error 6210, We have already added some facts about this issue. QuickBooks error code 6210, 0 mainly occurs in multi-user mode when a download is corrupted software or may be downloaded software is crashed continuously. While working on a company file in a multi-user environment, you may get the error code abruptly on your screen, preventing you from proceeding further with a task. The error message prompts that there is a problem with QuickBooks. Furthermore, it adds – “We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
What Causes QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Error 6210?
The faulty of the corrupt download of the QuickBooks software is one of the most common reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 6210. Below is the list that explains the other possible causes behind the error opening company file in multi-user mode.
- A incomplete(partial) or corrupt installation of the QuickBooks Desktop
- Data damage in QuickBooks company(.QBW) file
- Infection caused due to Virus/Malware attack
- Corruption in Windows registry can trigger error 6210 in QuickBooks
- An unintentional deletion of the QB related file
- A change made in QuickBooks related software
How to Prevent QuickBooks Error Message 6210 from Appearing Again?
Solution 1: Put To Use QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor can play a vital role in resolving error code 6210 when the reason behind the error is data damage within the company file. QFD tool is devised to repair the damaged company file and some of the common network problems. The tool is best known to resolve the issues related to -6000 series error codes such as QuickBooks error 6210. Check our intelligible user guide on QuickBooks File Doctor to take advantage of the tool in error-resolution.
Solution 2: Rename .ND & .TLG File (Single-User Mode)
- Navigate to the folder containing QuickBooks Installation Directory and open i
- Now locate the corresponding Network Data(.ND) & Transaction Log (.TLG) files
- Right-click .ND file and select Rename
- Add .OLD at the end of the extension (.ND.OLD)
- Perform the very same steps for .TLG file to rename it
- Create a new folder on your Desktop and move the QuickBooks files to the newly created location
- Now start QuickBooks and open the company file from a newly created folder on your computer’s Desktop
If the QuickBooks error 6210 persists, then try the same procedure if you are using the application in multi-user mode.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
If you are getting error 6210 in multi-user mode, then you need to restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to fix the issue. It creates network data files on the server to enable company file access from different workstations.
- Rename .ND & .TLG files using the same steps as in solution 2.
- Press Windows + R and insert service.msc in the Run-box
- Hit Enter and locate QuickBooks Database Server Manager service according to the version of the QuickBooks you are using
- Right-click and Restart the service
- Now that you have the service running properly, check whether the QuickBooks error 6210 is resolved or not.
Read more :- How to fix “TurboTax Error 70001” [2021 Tutorial]
Solution 4: Disable Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware Application
Interference of third party security applications may give unexpected errors in QuickBooks Desktop and prevent the program from working properly. They may also cause a threat to the QuickBooks company file, and you may not be able to access your financial data when an error takes place. You may check the Virus Vault to identify the quarantined files and delete them. If QB error code 6210 while opening the company file continues, move to the next error-resolution procedure.
Solution 5: Exploit QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Damaged QB Desktop functions can also cause QB company file access error code message 6210. QuickBooks clean install tool fixes the damaged functions of the program and helps in eradicating error: 6210.
- Before you start the procedure, take a backup of your financial data to prevent any data disruption
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Now double-click the downloaded file from downloads
- After agreeing to the license agreement, select your QuickBooks version and then hit OK to get the job done
- Utilize the tool to reinstall QuickBooks and fix the damaged functions of the application
Solution 6: Copy Company files to a new location
- Make a new folder on desktop or somehere else on your hard drive.
- Locate the current company file.
- On the company file right click and then select the copy option to make a copy of current comapny file.
- During the first step you have already made a folder on desktop so now you can paste the company file at this location.
- Now open QuickBooks and press Ctrl Key, hold the same till “No Company Open” section appears.
- Now select “open a company file” and locate the one which you made earlier as a backup. Select and open it in your QuickBooks Desktop.
Get QB data service team Help To Fix QuickBooks Error 6210!
We hope the above-explained solutions are well enough to guide you to fix QuickBooks error 6210 easily. In the worst case, it is possible that you might lose your company file because of this error, and then it will become a lot more difficult to recover it. Therefore it is better to get some help instead of loosing all of your data. If you find any difficulty performing the steps or still experience this issue, you should immediately contact one of our QuickBooks data service experts by dialing this toll-free number +1-800-579-9430.