QuickBooks event id 4 error takes place where Windows 7 .NET Framework 4.0 does not work properly. The error typically occurs while launching QuickBooks Integration Manager (QBi). It may give any of the error messages on your screen- “Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open” when it takes place.” Or “QuickBooks Event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.” There can be various causes that may promote QuickBooks Pro event id 4 error while operating the program. This blog has covered the possible causes of event id 4 error in QuickBooks along with the most effective troubleshooting solutions.
Wondering How to Resolve QuickBooks Integration Manager Error? Dial QuickBooks Number 1.800.579.9430 for Immediate Assistance
Possible Causes Of QuickBooks 2017 Event id 4 Error?
.NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 problem is the most apparent reason QuickBooks event log error 4. However, there are some other factors that can trigger the error as listed below-
- Possible damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file
- Infection causes due to a malicious attack of malware or virus
- Partial or corrupt installation of the QuickBooks software
- Possible error in the Windows registry
- Accidental deletion of an essential QuickBooks related file by an application running in the background
Below are the symptoms that you may experience to identify that the QB event id 4 error has occurred:
- An active window crashes in no time when the error occurs, and you may not be able to proceed with an on-going task
- QuickBooks freezes frequently
- Slow-paced performance of the QuickBooks application and Windows operating system
- The accounting software crashes with the arrival of the QuickBooks error 4 message on your screen
How to Resolve QuickBooks Event id 4 Unexpected Error?
Troubleshooting the possible error causes can resolve the QB event id 4 error. Perform the below-explained solutions with extensive care and attention to ensure the effectiveness of the steps-
Reinstalling .NET Framework can fix the possible damage within the Window’s component. To get the process accomplished:
- Press Windows + R and insert appwiz.cpl in the run-box
- Next, an add/remove or programs, and a features dialogue box will appear on your screen
- Find Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and highlight it
- Now choose to uninstall it
- Once, the uninstallation finishes, restart your computer
- Again, open the run-box and type appwiz.cpl in the given area
- Also, click add/remove programs
- Expand .NET Framework in the Windows Feature screen to see Microsoft .NET 3.5
- Checkmark the first and second option checkboxes
- Click OK and wait for the installation of .NET Framework 3.5
- Hit Finish when the installation is complete and restart the system
If the Event id 4 in QB error continues, try the next troubleshooting method.
Clean Install Tool in QuickBooks repairs the damaged function of the QuickBooks Desktop software. To run the tool, follow the below-listed steps-
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Open the tool from downloads folder of your system
- Follow on-screen instructions carefully to complete the installation
- Quit all the applications running in the Windows
- Now run the QB Clean Install tool and wait for the process to end
- Restart your computer
If Event id 4 in QB unexpected error 5 continues, then follow the next troubleshooting solution.
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool can fix the issues related to the software installation caused due to damaged .NET Framework. Check how to use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool using the given link and see if the Event id 4 in QB is fixed.
Need Professional Help for QuickBooks Event id 4!
Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 and explain the error symptoms to a professional. On connecting, you can get comprehensive assistance in resolving Event id 4 in QB until the issue is fixed.