QuickBooks error 5502 occurs when QuickBooks fails to connect to the server. On the arrival of the error, you can see any of the error messages on the screen: “Sync is not completed properly” or “QuickBooks data has been uploaded, but failed to connect via the server”. There are multi-faceted reasons that can evoke error 5502 in QuickBooks. To fix the error, it is important to be aware of the possible causes behind the error. Read this blog until the end to find some effective solutions to eliminate QB error 5502.
Dealing with QuickBooks Desktop Error 5502? Dial our QuickBooks error support number (800)-579-9430 to get relevant support from qualified professionals
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Sync Error 5502
QuickBooks error 5502 can take place due to several reasons that you can check from the below-given list:
- Change in company’s document augmentation
- An expansion record.QBB has been physically renamed in Mac
- Erroneous renaming of expansion records in Windows such as, .QBM, .QBB, or .QBX
- When damage exists in the QuickBooks company file, you may see error code 5502 in QuickBooks
- While working on a document located in USB’s blaze drive
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Message 5502?
To resolve the error: 5502, follow the below-given procedures with the utmost attention:
Network data (.ND) file is a configuration file in QuickBooks application that enables the program to access the file on the network. To fix damaged .ND file, follow the below-given steps:
- Navigate to the folder containing QuickBooks company file and open it
- Now locate the corresponding network file with extension .ND
- Right-click .ND file and select Rename
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name
If error not fixed, move to the next solution.
Scan your file using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. In case, you are using the file over the network, follow the below-given steps:
- Press Windows key on your keyboard
- Hit QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Click Add Folder, and it will display Browse Folder
- Select the folder where your company file is stored and then hit OK
- Click Scan and then re-open your company file to check the status of Intuit error code 5502.
To complete this procedure, the below-given set of steps can help:
- Create a new folder on your Desktop and then copy the company file in this newly created folder
- Right-click the file to Rename and change the file extension to QBM
- Now launch the QuickBooks application and restore all your portable files
- Rename the extension of the erroneous company file
- Restore all your backups
- If the file with the extension .QBX is still not opening, rename it
- Try to install the latest version of the Sync Manager
If the Intuit error code 5502 continues to trouble you, follow the next troubleshooting technique.
If the corrupt installation of the QB application is promoting error code 5502, fix it by following the below-given steps:
- Uninstall QuickBooks application in the first place
- Now rename the installation folder to proceed further
- Download and install QuickBooks and check the status of the QuickBooks error 5502
The troubleshooting techniques discussed in this post can effectively resolve the sync manager error in QuickBooks. However, you always stand a chance to get professional assistance by dialing our QuickBooks error support helpline number (800)-579-9430. Our certified QuickBooks professionals will look into the matter and resolve QuickBooks error code 5502 asap.