QuickBooks is an accounting application meant for various small and medium businesses. It has got best-in-class features including but not limited to preparing and filing taxes, payroll, build reconciliation reports, generate customized invoices, etc. However, users could find themselves stuck with various technical hitches while working in QuickBooks. “QuickBooks Error 106” pops up whenever the users attempt downloading their bank transactions manually within QuickBooks in case the automatic downloading process is hindered due to an issue. Besides, there could be other factors too which are involved in popping up the error which is written in the upcoming sections of the blog along with the preventive measures needed to adapt to resolve the error at once.
On the contrary, the “QuickBooks Error 106” can rather be resolved if appropriate remedies are adopted which you will read in further sections of the post. However, if you are stuck somewhere amidst troubleshooting, you may call on the toll-free number 1.800.417.5147 for a bit of better tech assistance
Possible Causes behind the “QuickBooks Error 106”
The “QuickBooks Error 106” occurs due to numerous reasons. Here are some of the most common reasons as to why the error pops up on the user’s screen-
- The banking information entered in QuickBooks is invalid and needs to be updated.
- The bank account linked with QuickBooks doesn’t exist anymore.
- Bank transactions have not been updated for a long time.
- The transactions are manually being uploaded to QuickBooks post 90 days pass.
We have already taken a closer look at the fundamental causes that lie behind the error code to appear into action. We will now take a detailed tour of the best working solutions to be followed right from the beginning to eradicate the error in no time.
Read more :- How to Easily Fix Quicken can’t Open your Data File Error?
Preventive Remedies for obviating “QuickBooks Error 106”
Here are some of the hand-picked solutions that work best to avoid getting the “QuickBooks Error 106” on the user’s screen-
Solution-1: Go to the official webpage of your bank or credit card to verify whether it’s in use or obsolete
- Open ‘QuickBooks online’ using Internet Explorer as the web browser.
- Sign-in to QuickBooks using the QuickBooks administrative credentials.
- On the menu bar, click ‘Banking’.
- Go to the ‘Link Account’ sub-menu.
- Locate the bank which is assigned within QuickBooks.
- Choose the bank.
- Check the website address of your bank.
- Keep a note of the website address you checked in step-6.
- Log in to your bank by accessing the website using the website address in the search bar.
- Check if you could successfully sign in and no prompts appear during the process.
- Return to the menu bar, click on ‘Banking’.
- Below Banking, choose the ‘Banking’ sub-menu.
- Choose ‘Update’ to proceed with validating details.
Solution-2: Begin updating transactions manually
- Open ‘QuickBooks’.
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Account using the appropriate administrator credentials.
- On the menu bar, go to ‘Banking’.
- Hover on the Banking menu, then choose ‘Banking’ below it.
- Select ‘Update’ to confirm updating the transactions manually in QuickBooks.
Solution-3: Check and make changes to the banking details
- Open ‘QuickBooks online’.
- Sign in to your QuickBooks account using username and password when prompted.
- On the menu bar, locate and click on ‘Banking’.
- Hovering over the Banking menu, click on the ‘Banking’ sub-menu.
- Choose the appropriate bank account which is causing the issue or the account that you wish to made changes to.
- Click on ‘Edit’.
- Choose ‘Edit the Sign-In info’.
- Make necessary changes by entering valid bank information.
- Save the changes.
We have arrived at the end of the blog written about the “QuickBooks Error 106”. We hope that all the necessary information required to obviate the error code was successfully passed on to our users and that most of their queries were responded to the best of our knowledge. Nonetheless, if you still have additional queries regarding the given error or you are stuck while troubleshooting the process, do call on the toll-free number 1.800.417.5147 for a bit of a better technical resolution.
Read more :- Facing QuickBooks not Loading Company File? Try these Hacks