Apparently, an error message saying “QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to Email Server” appears on the screen while the users try to send an email after entering their login credentials. This is evidently a connectivity issue that can arise in any email provider service. The error is supported with one of the following warnings –
- “We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider.”
- “QuickBooks was able to connect to the remote server but could not understand the server’s response. Please try again to see if the problem has been corrected on the server.”
After looking into the error, experts say that a poor internet connection could play a key role in the occurrence of this error. Apart from this, a non-updated QuickBooks program could also do so. More information on this error has been shared in the blog below. Read it till the very end.
If your QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to Email Server, it is time to get things checked by an experienced professional. Reach out to our team of pro-advisors and allow them to look into this for you while providing a solution to fix it. Dial 800-579-9430 Now.
You may also read — How to do I fix QuickBooks Error code 12029
Possible Causes Why QuickBooks Cannot Email Invoices
There could be several connectivity issues because QuickBooks unable to connect with the Email provider’s server. Below we have mentioned some of the most common reasons that trigger such a problem –
- An unstable internet connection is a primary reason.
- A damaged Windows user can cause issues in the emailing services.
- Incorrect settings in the web browser that do not support emailing.
- Misconfiguration in the settings of your computer device can evoke Email Server Issues in QuickBooks.
- When the Windows Firewall has QuickBooks files listed under its blocked items.
- The mail preferences are not correctly set up or involve some sort of discrepancy.
How to Get Away with Server Connection Error while Sending Email?
In this section, we will be looking at some of the most helpful ways that will support in resolving the “Could not send emails through QuickBooks” error without any further issues. Read and apply the instructions carefully –
Option 1 – Install and Run the Latest Released Update for QuickBooks
Outdated software may create issues while performing any tasks. This is why you must download and install all the updates released by Intuit for QuickBooks –
- Exit from the company file if it is open and close QuickBooks.
- Tap on the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- In the search panel, type QuickBooks Desktop and move your cursor to this option.
- Right-click on it and choose to Run as Administrator.
- This will direct you to the No Company Open window, where you need to click on the Help tab.
- Select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the menu.
- Click on Options and select the Mark All option. Now, press the Save button.
- Tap on Update Now and tick the box for Reset Update. Finally, hit the Get Updates button.
- Relaunch QuickBooks and press Yes to install these updates.
- Reboot your device and resend the email.
Option 2 – Review your Mail Preferences Settings
Sometimes, the problem lies within your mail preferences. It is possible that you are able to send the email without any issues, but the server blocks them due to privacy reasons. This is how you can correct them –
- Open QuickBooks on your screen and click on the Edit tab.
- Choose Preferences from the given options and then click on Send Forms.
- Go to the My Preferences section and select your current and correct email account.
- Tap on the Edit button and navigate to the Edit Email Info category.
- You will see an SMTP Server Details section. Here, you need to set up the right server name and port for your email service settings and save the changes (these details are provided on Intuit’s page here – https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/connect-email-quickbooks-desktop/L00d2EZek_US_en_US.
- Close the window and reopen it to check if you are able to connect to the email server.
Option 3 – Revert to the Default Settings in your Web Browser
Incorrect settings in the web browser may prohibit a successful email sending process. It is important that you reset the settings to resume the task –
- Close QuickBooks and launch Internet Explorer on your desktop.
- Move to the top-right corner of the window and click the three dot Tools icon.
- From the drop-down menu, select Internet Options to open a settings prompt box.
- Tap on the Advanced tab and hit the Restore Advanced Settings button.
- Click on OK and terminate Internet Explorer.
- You must now try to run the email server, as the above steps should rectify the issue.
Additional Tricks to Help you Get Over the Emailing Problems in QuickBooks
- Disable the third-party anti-virus program running on your device.
- Exclude QuickBooks from the block list of your firewall settings, and include it in the exception list.
- Clear the cookies and cache data of your web browser.
- Also, try using another browser if none of the above helps.
You may also read — When QuickBooks 2019 will expire
“QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to Email Server” This can turn into a major problem for QuickBooks users if not treated at the right time and with proper guidance. With this blog, we are positive that you were able to understand the factors that influence the connectivity issue to arise. Also, you were to fix the same following the practices above. But, in case all troubleshooting fails and the email server refuses to run smoothly, we strongly recommend consulting one of our tech experts at +1-800-579-9430 right away.