QuickBooks is an efficient software to handle business accounting. Still, it needs repairs and maneuvers from the user end to fix certain error codes and issues. Re-installing and repairing QuickBooks via Windows Repair Utility are the two most used and effective solutions for any error in the application. However, users often complain about an issue that comes up while repairing or installing the QuickBooks application on their computer. Their screen shows the QuickBooks error 1335 that can be caused due to numerous reasons, which are discussed in the blog below.
You can resolve the QuickBooks error 1335 by following the solutions mentioned in the blog. However, that would take much time and effort from your end. To get a quick fix with on-the-line assistance, call on the toll-free number 1.800.417.5147 anytime
What are the Causes Behind the QuickBooks 2021 Error 1335?
If your QuickBooks is giving error 1335 while installing or repairing the application, it’s most likely due to these reasons. Check them out.
- There is some severe fault within the Windows configuration.
- The installation of the QuickBooks Desktop is incomplete or corrupted in the first place.
- The QuickBooks application is not updated to the latest release.
- Some third-party application or Windows Firewall is obstructing the QB installation.
- The hard disk of the computer does not have enough free storage to complete the installation.
What are the Solutions to Effectively Rectify the QuickBooks Error 1335?
Below are given the steps that will help you resolve the QuickBooks installation error 1335. Try them out in the given order only.
Solution- 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on the System
The QuickBooks install diagnostic tool specifically functions to resolve any issues occurring during the QB installation process, like QB error 1335. The tool can be accessed from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you don’t have the application on your desktop, download it from the Intuit website before following the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub and on the left side, select the Installation Issues tab.
- Choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button and let it run.
- The tool may take up to twenty minutes to recognize and eliminate the problem.
- Once it finishes the repair process, restart your system and install QuickBooks again.
Solution- 2: Run a Repair for the .NET Framework
Microsoft components like .NET Framework is responsible for the applications to work on the system. If it gets damaged, issues like QuickBooks Desktop error 1335 can occur. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issues efficiently.
- End all the running tasks from the Task Manager and go to Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a Program and select Turn Windows Features on or off.
- If the .NET Framework 3.5 box is marked, unmark it and then mark it again.
- Windows will ask you to restart the computer system. Select Yes on the message box.
- After the system reopens, try to install QuickBooks again.
Solution- 3: Troubleshoot the Issues in Cabinet File [data1.cab]
The cabinet file stores the data related to numerous installations on the Windows in compressed files. These files contain device drivers, system files, etc., and the damage to this file could invite QuickBooks error message 1335 on your system. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix it.
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows Key + R and type MSConfig in the search field.
- Click on OK and go to the Boot.ini tab.
- In the Advanced section, click on the /MAXMEM= checkbox.
- Delete the value and re-enter it as 256.
- Choose the Apply button and click on the Restart button on the System Configuration Utility Window.
- Once the system restarts, install QuickBooks and follow the same steps to unmark the /MAXMEM= checkbox.
Solution- 4: Install the QuickBooks Application in Safe Mode
If other programs are creating issues while installing QuickBooks, you can restart the installation in the safe mode as it bards any other software or background process to interfere with the user command.
- Close QuickBooks and shut down the computer.
- Press the Shift key while clicking on Power and then Restart.
- Once the device restarts, go to the Choose an Option screen and select the Troubleshoot option.
- Choose the Advanced option and select Startup Settings.
- Click on Restart and select the fifth option from the list after the device restarts.
- After opening your system in Safe mode, install the QuickBooks.
- Once the QuickBooks is installed, go to the Run window and enter MSConfig in the Open box.
- Click on OK and choose the Boot tab.
- Click on the Safe Boot checkbox under the Boot options.
Additional Solutions you can try to get rid of the QuickBooks Error Code 1335
- Repair the MSXML installation.
- Download and install the latest Windows updates.
Here we would like to finish our article on the QuickBooks error 1335. We hope that the solutions mentioned above are easy to understand and help you resolve the problem quickly. However, you can contact us at helpline number 1.800.417.5147 for external help if any issue arises during the troubleshooting.