QuickBooks error 6155 0 takes place when installation files in the program are damaged or missing. The QuickBooks error message shows up when you try to access the QuickBooks company file to view your financial information. You may not be able to perform any task in the software; therefore, you need to resolve it immediately. The troubleshooting solution of the error code 6155 0 lies in how you access your company file. Read this post until the end to resolve the QuickBooks error without facing much technical distress.
Unable to view/access your company records due to error 6155,0 in QuickBooks? Get in touch with an adept professional at 1.800.579.9430 to get handy solutions for the error resolution
QuickBooks Error Code 6155 0 : Explanation
QuickBooks Error 6155, 0 is an error code related to -6000 series, which depicts that a user is facing trouble in opening a company file. The message says, “Error -6155, 0 an error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” The partial or corrupt installation of the QuickBooks Desktop software is one of the most apparent reasons behind this while opening the company file. However, there are several other technical factors responsible for promoting QuickBooks error code 6155.
Below are some possible reasons that you need to keep eyes on for completing the error-resolution process effectively:
- Incomplete installation of the QuickBooks
- Missing company file from within QuickBooks installation directory
- Detrimental attack from virus or malware
- If you haven’t updated QuickBooks to the latest release, QuickBooks error may take place
- Data damage in QuickBooks company file
- Possibly the company file you are trying to access is read-only
How to Stop QuickBooks Error Message 6155 0 From Coming Into Sight Again?
Below are some of the most considered troubleshooting solutions that can help you in resolving QuickBooks error efficaciously :
If QuickBooks error 6155 is caused due to the outdated version of the program, then this troubleshooting procedure can eliminate the problem. You can do it in your preferred way by following our guide on how to update QuickBooks Desktop. If QuickBooks company file error 6155 0 continues even after updating the program, then move to the next solution.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can help you in resolving damaged or corrupted company files or networks. QFD tool is devised by Intuit to diagnose and repair glitches that may cause hurdles while opening a company file.
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Once downloaded, double-click the setup file from the downloads
- Now select the company file you want to repair using the tool and then hit Next
- Run the tool and wait for the repair process to accomplish
If you are still getting QB error 6155 0, follow the next error-resolution method.
You can open a read-only QuickBooks company file, but will not be able to make changes in it. To troubleshoot this problem, you need to change the attribute of this company file.
- From within QuickBooks installation directory, right-click the company file you want to edit
- Select Properties from the drop-down list and then unmark the box against Read-Only
- Now hit Apply and then OK to finish the task
Try to access the company file and check if the QuickBooks error is resolved. If not fixed, try the next set of steps.
QuickBooks clean install tool can repair a corrupt or damaged installation of the program so that you can access your company file without any hurdle.
- In the first place, download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and save it to a location where you may easily find it
- Now open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe.
- Next, you need to agree to the license terms and choose the QuickBooks Desktop version you are currently using
- Hit OK and when you get the message- “QuickBooks is now ready for Clean Install,” install it to the default directory
Still Having Trouble QuickBooks Error 6155 Arises!
Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430 and get assisted immediately from a certified expert. In no time, you can get back to your financial data and resume your business accounting after resolving QuickBooks error 6155 0.