Online banking is a crucial feature in QuickBooks, for which it is well-liked by numerous small and mid-sized businesses. One can access online banking in both QuickBooks Desktop and Online versions with ease. For online banking to work, QuickBooks requires an uninterrupted internet connection, and when there occurs a connectivity issue, users receive different errors. One such connection error that we are going to discuss in this article is QuickBooks Error 400. We will see why the error appears and elaborate on how you can quickly fix it using some easiest troubleshooting methods. Stick to the article until the end for complete info.
If you are not familiar with basic Windows troubleshooting and need the help of an expert who can walk you through the complete troubleshooting procedure, dial +1 800-579-9430 and get in touch with a certified QuickBooks expert now
Read more | Easy Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 404
What Triggers QuickBooks Error 400?
As we have already discussed that QuickBooks error 400 is a connection error that appears when QuickBooks, for some reason, can’t connect to the internet or the server to access the online banking data. Following are some of the actual reasons due to why this happens.
- If the company file that is linked to the bank account and QuickBooks is corrupt.
- Common internet connectivity issues are also a reason for the occurrence of connection error 400 in QuickBooks.
- In case if you are using an outdated internet browser or the QuickBooks Desktop application that you are using is not having the latest updates installed.
Sometimes, the error can also appear if your banking servers are undergoing maintenance. So make sure to verify it with your bank before hopping on to the troubleshooting part.
Here’s How to Fix QuickBooks Banking Error Code 400
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop, the error could result from damage to the company file. With this solution, we will run QuickBooks File Doctor and repair the company file to resolve the error.
- First, download QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official Intuit’s website.
- Now install the application by opening the downloaded installer file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once QuickBooks Tool Hub is installed, run it using the icon that is created on the desktop.
- Move to the Company File Issues tab and click the QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- Now choose the appropriate option to repair the damage in the company file.
- Let the tool run and repair the damage.
- Once done, try to access the online banking once again and check if the error is resolved.
If the error reappears, then this could be because of general internet connectivity issues. Try to reset the router and reset internet explorer settings to default. Follow the next solution if QuickBooks online error 400 is still not resolved.
If you are using Google Chrome to access QuickBooks Online, try updating it using the instructions below.
- Open Chrome browser and click the three dots at the top right corner.
- Under the Help tab, click About Chrome.
- Locate the Update button and click on it.
- Restart Chrome and try to access banking in QuickBooks Online.
If the error code 400 reappears, try the next solution.
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop, then try updating it before accessing online banking in it.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click the Help from the top.
- Select the option that says Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the Update Now tab and select Get Updates.
- Restart the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Install Now button and now try to access online banking in QuickBooks.
Actually, in Incognito mode Your browser neither saves your browsing history nor any cache and cookies. So If you having trouble then you can follow the following listed solution.
- Open any Browser.
- Press Ctrl + shift + N or Ctrl + shift + P to Open a incognito window.
- After this, you’ll get a separate window.
- At the end, try to login into your financial institution.
To clear your browser history, cache, and Cookies data we have listed the steps below very precisely.
- Open the web browser where you were facing Error 400.
- Next, the Step is to Press Ctrl + Shift + Del Button.
- A clear browsing window popup.
- In the Time range option, you have to select all time options.
- At last, Click on Clear Data.
Still Facing QuickBooks Error 400
In rare instances where even after following all the solutions mentioned above, if you cannot access online banking in QuickBooks due to QuickBooks Error 400, we suggest you contact a certified QuickBooks Desktop expert at +1 800-579-9430.