QuickBooks Payroll is a version of traditional QuickBooks but targeted at businesses that want to pay their employees and generate payroll effortlessly. With the best features, QuickBooks Payroll has users worldwide. In addition to its dynamic features, frequent updates in the application keep errors at bay, yet during an update process, some users have encountered QuickBooks Error 15107. This error is linked to QuickBooks Payroll, and it comes up with a text on the screen that says: Error 15107: Cannot initialize update. If you are a victim of this error and all your payroll tasks have come to a halt, follow the steps listed in this blog to resolve it manually.
Our team of support experts has studied various scenarios to come up with these solutions, but if you are not confident in working around the error on your own, we suggest calling our team without wasting more time. Dial the toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 now
Reasons for Payroll Update Error 15107 in QuickBooks
You are coming across Payroll Update Error 15107 in QuickBooks because of some inconsistency or malware that affected the system or QuickBooks. When users want to fix an error successfully, they must list reasons as a checklist to see what could have gone wrong, leading to an error. Similarly, we will look at the reasons for QuickBooks Error 15107.
- The installation of QuickBooks Payroll is incorrect, or the installation file is incorrect.
- The firewall settings are to be corrected.
- The Internet explorer configuration does not sync with the payroll update requirements.
Three Legitimate Ways to Resolve Payroll Error 15107
Now that you have a list of reasons to know where the error could be rooting from, we will look at parallel solutions. You must follow the steps listed below to fix QuickBooks Error 15107.
Let us look at the first solution to resolve the QuickBooks error 15107. In these steps, we will guide you through running the reboot.bat file and then try getting payroll updates without any error. If you are from a non-technical background and are unsure how to do so, you must not worry, as our experts have used simple ways to direct you.
- If you are using QuickBooks Desktop, close it first.
- Now launch the folder that comprises the reboot.bat file.
- Next, go to your desktop and right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- From the menu, choose the option that says Properties.
- Choose Open to access the file location.
- Highlight the reboot.bat file and right-click on it.
- Click on Run as Administrator.
- Restart your system.
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you see the message to install an update, click on the Install Now button.
- Let the download process complete, and soon after that, you must re-launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop Update Service window and click on Install Now.
For users unaware of the QuickBooks Tool Hub tool, you must know that this external tool helps deal with common errors in the application. Hence, for users encountering QuickBooks error 15107, we suggest using Tool Hub and its internal Quick Fix My program option to resolve the payroll error. Before starting this solution, check that your operating system is Windows 10, 64-bit.
- If open, end the QuickBooks program to avoid running in the background.
- Open your default web browser and click on the latest version (18.104.22.168) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- You will be asked to save this file before installing it on the system. Ensure to save it somewhere easily accessible to you, as this will be essential in the following steps.
- Once you see the file is downloaded at your desired location, launch the downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) file.
- The system will guide you to install the Tool Hub on your system.
- In addition, agree to the terms and conditions when they appear on the screen to ensure a hassle-free installation.
- The download process is donated when the Tool Hub icon appears on the screen.
The first leg of this solution is completed. Follow the next steps to repair QuickBooks error 15107
- You must launch Tool Hub using the icon on your desktop and then choose Program Problems.
- Click on Quick Fix my Program.
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop and the data file.
QuickBooks employs executable files (.exe) to conduct various tasks, which means these files are extremely important. Now, if Windows Firewall treats QuickBooks as a threat, then QuickBooks Error 15107 may occur. Therefore, here is what must be done.
- First, navigate to the Start menu on your desktop.
- Into the search bar at the bottom, type Windows Firewall and hit on the Enter key.
- Windows Firewall window will open up in front of you.
- Choose the Advanced Settings option.
- Highlight the Inbound Rules option and right-click on it.
- Click on New Rule.
- Choose Program.
- Press the Next button.
- Click on This Program Path and then use the Browse option.
- You must search and then highlight the executable files listed in the table below.
- Select Next.
- Choose Allow the Connection.
- Click on Next.
- Select all the profiles if not Selected .
- Select the Next option.
- Now create a rule and name it something like QBFirewallException(name.exe).
After making an Inbound rule, repeat the steps for outbound rules.
This brings our blog on QuickBooks Error 15107 to an end. We have listed three methods that will surely help you eliminate this payroll update error. But, in case the issue keeps on hampering the process of downloading updates, probably an unknown cause is triggering it. In such a scenario, we suggest getting help from the support team by dialing the toll-free contact number +1 800-579-9430.