WDDM stands for Windows display driver model and is a step ahead of the XDDM, which was found in Windows 8 and earlier versions of Windows. Without a doubt, WDDM is an improvement, but it has the limitation of not supporting multiple drivers. In such a case, you may see an error while using applications, such as the issue where WDDM Service not Running in QuickBooks. With this error, the whole system disrupts and lags in the performance. The most frustrating part is that the program will get locked, and obviously, it is impossible to work on QuickBooks then. You need not worry; our support team has listed down ways to deal with the error message of WDDM Service not Running in QuickBooks. Follow the instructions with caution, or you can lose some essential files not only from QuickBooks but from the system.
If you are not confident about dealing with the error alone, call our expert at 1.800.417.5147 and they can guide you to solve the error without any trouble
What is Causing the error WDDM Service not Running in QuickBooks?
The primary step in fixing any error is to know why it takes place. To understand the efficient ways to fix the error: WDDM Service not Running in QuickBooks, study the root cause. The list of reasons that give rise to the WDDM Service not Running issue is stated below.
- First, the error can commonly occur if the DLL files present on your PC are corrupted or damaged.
- Second, malware or virus have infected your PC. Not only this, the error has led to the deletion of some important files, which eventually lead to the error “WDDM Service not Running in QuickBooks”.
- The most common reason for the error has been found to be the improper installation of the driver, or you have not updated it.
- An incomplete installation of the application is another cause of the error.
Now that you have successfully studied the list of the reasons that give rise to the error of WDDM Service not Running in QuickBooks, we will look at the solutions for the same.
Read more :- 5 Effective Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 19062 00238
Tackling the error of WDDM Service not Running in QuickBooks
Let us move through various solutions that will help you deal with the constant occurrence of the error message WDDM Service not Running in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Check the update status of the Drivers
In this solution, we will work on the reason of outdated drivers for the WDDM Service not running error. You must see that the Drivers on your PC are updated to their latest version. If you find them outdated, follow the steps below carefully and get their latest version:
- First, double-click on the File Explorer option.
- Move on to the icon of My Computer and right-click on it. This will open up a small menu in front of you. Choose the Manage option.
- On clicking the Manage option, a window named Computer Management will appear in front of you.
- Click on System Tools and then choose Device Manager.
- From there, select the Properties option and navigate to the Drivers tab. Here you can examine if there are updates available. If it shows, then you must follow the steps and get the Driver updated.
Solution 2: Run your system in the Safe Mode
Running this solution will ensure that you can narrow the cause of the error. Additionally, you can also know if the default settings plus the primary device drivers are causing the error.
Start your computer in Safe Mode using the Settings Option
- First, go to the Start button, then choose the Settings option.
- You must move ahead and click on System and then select Recovery.
- A window opens with the title Recovery Settings.
- Next to the Advanced Setup option under Recovery Options, you must choose Restart.
- Restart your PC, and you will be on the Choose an option screen.
- On this screen, click on Troubleshoot, then the Advanced Options button.
- Moving forward, select Startup Settings and finally press the Restart button.
- You may have to enter the BitLocker recovery key.
- During the process of System Restart, click on 4 or press the F4 key so as to get your system in the Safe Mode. Additionally, to run your computer in the Safe Mode with networking, click on number 5 or press the F5 key.
Start your computer in Safe Mode using the Sign-in screen
If you cannot use the above option to switch to the Safe Mode, try the sign-in screen for the same.
- First, you must be on the Windows sign-in screen.
- Hold the Shift key and move from the Power option to Restart on the screen.
- Your system should restart after that with Choose an option screen in front of you.
- On the screen, choose Troubleshoot option.
- Click on the Advanced button and then Startup Settings.
- Finally, hit the Restart button.
- At this point, you might have to fill in the BitLocker recovery key.
- During System Restart, click on 4 or press the F4 key to get your system in the Safe Mode. Additionally, to run your computer in the Safe Mode with networking, click on number 5 or press the F5 key.
Solution 3: Check the status of the WDDM Service
- Go to the Start button.
- Click on the Control panel option and then choose Administrative Tools.
- Next, choose the Service option to examine the WDDM service by the following steps:
- Right-click on Properties and select the General tab.
- Under Start sorting, you must choose Automatic.
- Click on Apply and restart the services.
This brings the article on the error WDDM Service not Running in QuickBooks to an end. We are hopeful that your system is back to its normal working. In case the error is taking place over and over again, it is an indication of some serious underlying driver’s issue. You must call on experts at 1.800.417.5147 and get help in dealing with this cumbersome issue.
Read more :- Rectify Uncommon QuickBooks Error 32101 from QuickBooks Online?