QuickBooks is one of the most preferred accounting solutions that can help users to create paychecks for the employees. In QuickBooks, you can create three types of paychecks, namely scheduled, unscheduled, and terminations checks. In this post, we will see how to create QuickBooks unscheduled payroll check when you have missed paying your employees routinely. It is also known as the off-cycle paycheck or reward check opposite to the scheduled payroll paychecks. Termination paycheck is also an unscheduled paycheck that you need to pay to the discharged or fired worker.
How do I create a QuickBooks unscheduled payroll check in QuickBooks application? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147 and get all your doubts resolved from QB experts
Different Types Paychecks In QuickBooks Payroll
As we have discussed earlier, there are mainly three types of paychecks in the QuickBooks payroll as listed below:
Scheduled Payroll Paychecks
Scheduled payroll paychecks are the recurring payments that you need to pay your employees on a regular basis such as weekly or monthly. You may also pay your employees on an alternative calendar under this category, but you need to ensure that finance plan dates are correctly mentioned before running the payroll.
Unscheduled Payroll Paychecks
You need to create QuickBooks unscheduled payroll check when you have missed a payroll payment or when you do not pay your employee routinely. These types of paychecks are not related to their regular paychecks, and often termed as an off-cycle paycheck or reward check.
Termination paychecks are used to pay the last paychecks to the discharged or terminated employees.
Points To Keep In Mind Before Creating Unscheduled Payroll Paycheck
Before you create QuickBooks unscheduled payroll check, you need to consider the below-given points:
- You can create an unscheduled paycheck for the current pay period to the pay periods dating past six months ago.
- You can’t create an unscheduled paycheck with a past date.
- The check dates can fall in the range “after your last check date” and “before your next payday.”
These points can help you to avoid errors in your payroll taxes. In the next section, we will discuss the steps to create QuickBooks Online unscheduled paycheck.
How To Create Unscheduled Paycheck In QuickBooks Online?
Now that you have considered all the important points, follow the below-given steps to create unscheduled payroll check in QuickBooks Online:
- From within the Workers or Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Next, you need to select Run payroll.
- Now locate the employee you want to pay, then select Create another check to proceed further.
- After that, enter other payroll information of the employee, such as salary adjustments, vacation or sick hours, employee compensation, and other payment types.
- Moving ahead, confirm the pay period and check date.
- Once you are done, select Preview Payroll, and then further select Submit payroll.
- In case you are creating a paper check, you have to hand-write or print the check and give it to your worker by the check date.
- Select Finish payroll to get the task done.
Following these easy steps can help you to create QuickBooks unscheduled payroll check with absolute ease.
Read More: Guide To Change QuickBooks Online’s Subscription And Billing Info
Steps to Create Unscheduled Payroll in QuickBooks Desktop
- First, open QuickBooks desktop application.
- Get to the Employees
- Next, choose Pay Employees and then Unscheduled Payroll as check type.
- Provide the payroll details and select Continue.
- Check the payroll details.
- At last, select Create Payroll.
Get In Touch With Expert QB Team!
This post discusses how to create unscheduled checks in Online payroll. If you are having any technical difficulty or have any doubts in your mind, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147. It will connect you with one of our QB experts who can guide you to create QuickBooks unscheduled payroll checks in the application without any technical distress.