QuickBooks is a worldwide accepted accounting application, and under it comes the payroll facility. Right from business owners to employees, numerous tasks related to payroll and taxes can be dealt with using QuickBooks Payroll. When attempting to create a new data file, you may see the unwanted QuickBooks error 2002. This blog is curated to help you deal with this payroll error without external assistance. You can read through the description of the error 2002 and eventually use the methods suggested to eliminate its occurrence.
For situations where you do not want to risk making unwanted changes in your company files or your system, we suggest calling the toll-free number of the support team. Dial +1 800-579-9430 and our experts are available for the best support in such situations
Description of QuickBooks error 2002
QuickBooks error 2002 can come on your screen when you try to send payroll data or direct deposit paychecks. Usually, the error 2002 appears with one of the following error messages:
- Payroll Service Server Error. Please try again later. If this problem persists, please contact Intuit .
- Payroll Connection Error.
Now, when you try to fix any error, for example, QuickBooks Payroll Error 2002, you must reach the root of the problem. This means that you must know what is causing the error, and in this section, we will provide you with a list. This list comes in handy when you want to find a consecutive solution based on the cause of the error.
- The security certificate is invalid, leading to QuickBooks Error 2002.
- You are in the multi-user mode when sending payroll data.
- A network time-out restricts the connection of the QuickBooks Desktop and the server.
- Internet connectivity issues.
- Internet and firewall settings can cause the error to take place.
- Your system’s date and time are not correct.
Methods to rectify QuickBooks Error 2002
You may come across various methods online to fix QuickBooks Error 2002, but based on our expert analysis, we have listed the ones with a higher success rate. Follow the steps listed below and get back to the normal working of your QuickBooks Payroll.
Before you use this method to fix QuickBooks Error 2002, remember you must have an active QuickBooks Payroll Subscription. Here are the steps you must follow to complete this method
- First, click on the Employees option.
- Select Get Payroll Updates.
- Now, to mark the Download Entire Update checkbox, click on it.
- Choose Download Latest Update.
- You will see the download process start, and once the process is complete, you should be free of payroll error 2002.
State Employment Insurance Rate is set by the state and stays unique to every business. If your SUI rate is modified, you must update the same in the payroll, and if it is not updated, payroll errors may take place. Therefore, let us help update your SUI rate
- Click on the Lists menu.
- Choose the Payroll Item List option from the menu.
- Double-click on the [state abbreviation] – Unemployment Company button.
- Now keep clicking the Next button until you see the Company tax rates window.
- Type in the accurate rates.
- Click on Next and then the Finish button.
In case of non-updated surcharges or assessments
Now, there is a possibility that you have not updated the surcharge or assessment for state unemployment, and these additional rates in QuickBooks need updation. Follow the steps below:
- First, take your mouse to the Lists menu and click on it.
- Choose the Payroll Item List option, and as you select the State Surcharge item, double-click on it.
- Hit the Next button and navigate as per the onscreen steps.
- Once you are on the Company Tax Rate page, enter the required rate in the form of a percentage.
Updating an application helps the user eliminate minor issues in the software. Hence, if the above two steps did not help you get rid of the QuickBooks error 2002, here is what can be done. Install the latest updates of QuickBooks:
- If company files and QuickBooks Desktop are open, close them as a first step.
- Now navigate to the Windows Start menu.
- Use the search box of the Start menu and look for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, right-click on the QB icon and choose Run as administrator from the list of options.
- You will see the No Company Open screen open up in front of you.
- Take your mouse over to the Help menu to click on it.
- Choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Select the Options tab.
- Click on Mark All and then Save.
- Now, navigate to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox by clicking on it.
- Finally, press the Get Updates button.
- This will start the update process of the QuickBooks Desktop.
Once the application completes the steps, restart QuickBooks and click on Yes to install the updates.
Finally, restart your PC.
With these three highly effective and easy-to-follow methods, we end our blog on QuickBooks error 2002. Appreciating your crucial time, we tried making the steps simple yet efficient. But, if your payroll error seems to appear even after using this info in this blog, it is time to avail professional guidance. Ring us on +1 800-579-9430 and let our experts take it from there.