QuickBooks error 12057 usually occurs when a regular user tries to update the QuickBooks software or QB payroll service to the latest maintenance release. A latest updated QuickBooks application helps you to harvest the improved features of the program. However, there are several technical factors that can prevent you from updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll service we will converse about in this blog. Moreover, you can resolve the QuickBooks error 12057 like a pro by reading this blog until the end.
Unable to update QuickBooks Payroll tax tables due to error code 12057? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 and get relevant support from certified QB experts
QuickBooks Connectivity Error 12057 : Description
Error: 12057 is related to error code series -12000, which depicts that a user is having trouble while updating QuickBooks Desktop or QB payroll service. Misconfigured system files are one of the most common reasons that lead to the registry error codes within the system, promoting error while updating the software. Some other instances of QuickBooks payroll update errors can be seen as QB error code 12007, 12009,12030, 12064, and various others.
QuickBooks error 12057 can be triggered by a number of the factors given in below-listed bullet points:
- Firewall or Internet security settings blocking QuickBooks from communicating with the server
- QuickBooks is not able to connect with the Network server
- It can be a weak Internet connection due to which you may not be able to download the latest QuickBooks update
- Improper SSL network settings can also promote QuickBooks error 12057
- Server response taking longer than usual
- Timed out Internet connection or Lost Internet Packet
If you are a Microsoft Windows user, then you may configure your system to automatically sync with the date and time settings with the Internet server.
- Click Start icon on your Windows Desktop and type Control Panel in the search area and click to open
- Now locate Date & Time and open on finding
- Click Internet Time tab and then hit Change Settings
- Checkmark the box against Synchronize with an internet time server
Now try to update QuickBooks Desktop. If you are still getting the error message, move to the next solution.
You need to have a stable Internet connection to communicate with the Intuit’s server. Check whether you have a strong Internet connection or not.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop
- Move to Help bar and select Internet Connection Setup
- Now checkmark the box for “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet.”
- Click Next and then Done
If the same error still continues, jump to the next solution.
In the Advanced Connection Settings, you need to ensure that the check-boxes Use the SSL 3.0, and Use SSL 2.0 boxes are checked. If not, you have to do it yourself and confirm the changes you have made. Now restart QuickBooks and try to update it again. If none of the solutions worked until now, try the next troubleshooting solution for QB error message 12057.
To verify Internet Security Protocols, follow the below-listed steps:
- Move to the Internet Properties window
- Authenticate SSL 3.0, & SSL 2.0
- Hit OK
- Now verify Internet connection and Internet Explorer
No Luck with QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Update Error 12057!
Dial our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.579.9430 and talk to our QB expert for instant error resolution. Feel free to describe the symptoms you are getting on the arrival of QuickBooks error 12057 and get it fixed, avoiding the troubleshooting distress.