QuickBooks enables users to work in a multi-user environment where multiple users can view, access, and edit the company file. Also, you can grant users with different levels of access permissions to ensure the utmost security of your crucial financial data. For that, you need to provide the administrative rights to the user account on Windows. In this article, you will learn to create or add a user with Administrator rights on Windows. Assigning the administrative rights to the users not only helps users to work smoothly in multi-user mode, but also fixes some common issues that can crop up due to insufficient admin permissions. Let’s proceed!
Not sure how to setup administrator privileges for the user in QuickBooks? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.579.9430 and acquire the relevant help
How To Assign Administrative Rights on Windows 10?
If you are a Windows 10 user and want to create or add a user with Administrator rights, then the below-described steps can help you to accomplish the task.
- Click the Start icon on your Desktop and choose Settings
- Now click Accounts and choose Family and other users
- Click Add someone else on this PC from under the Other Users tab
- Next, you need to click I don’t have this person’s sign-in information from the bottom and select Add a user without Microsoft account.
- Provide a new name for this new account and choose a strong password
- Click Finish and click the newly created account
- Now from the Account Type drop-down menu, select Administrator
- Click OK and exit the control panel
- Once you are done, restart your computer and log in to the new account with administrator rights.
Steps To Create Or Add A User with Administrator Rights On Windows 7 & Windows 8
If you are a Windows 7 or 8 user, then perform the below-given steps:
- Press Windows + R together to open the Run window.
- Now type Control Panel in the Run box and hit Enter.
- Next, click User Accounts and then click Manage Another Account and select Create a new account.
- Give this account a name and choose Administrator from the drop-down
- Click Create and then restart the system
How To Set Admin Users In QBO On Windows 8.1?
Below are the steps for QuickBooks Administrator account setup on Windows 8.1:
- Press Windows + R keys together on the keyboard, and it will open Run window
- Type Control Panel in Run box and click Enter
- Now click User Accounts.
- Next, Select Manage Another Account >> Add a new user in PC settings.
- Select Add an Account, and you may also click the option Sign in without a Microsoft account
- Hit on Local Account and provide login credentials with the password hint
- Click New Account and then select Edit to assign Administrator rights to the new account
- Select Administrator from the drop-down list and click OK
- Restart your PC and to sign in the administrator account with accurate login credentials
How To Assign Administrative Rights To QuickBooks Database System User?
Now that you are aware of how to create a user with Administrator rights on Windows let’s check how to assign Administrator rights.
For Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or Server 2012, follow the below-given steps:
- Press Windows + R key, type Control Panel in the Run window and click Enter.
- Next, select User Accounts and hit Manage another account to proceed further
- Double click QBDataServiceUser and then select Change the account type
- Now navigate to the drop-down menu and select Administrator and click Change Account Type
If You Are Windows 7 User:
- Click the Start option on the Desktop, and go to the Control Panel
- Choose User Accounts and Family Safety
- Hit User Accounts and then select Manage another account
- Double click QB Data Service and then Change Account type.
- Finally, select Administrator from drop-down and select Change Account Type to accomplish the task
NOTE: For any issue that appears with the QuickBooks Database Server Manager while assigning administrative rights to the users, you can follow our article on How to Fix QBDBMgrN Error.
The steps mentioned in this post can help you to create or add a user with Administrator rights on Windows. It can be helpful, especially when you do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder. If you want to get professionals assistance while performing the steps, feel free to dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430. In no time, you can create or add a user with Administrator rights on Windows with the help of our dedicated QB professional.