There are various situations when you may want to convert QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Desktop has certain advantages over the QuickBooks Online when we talk about the functions. However, converting from QuickBooks Online to Desktop is a daunting task and should be done with the utmost care and attention. If not, data integrity issues or loss can be cited. To get the step-by-step assistance in converting QuickBooks Online to Desktop version, follow this post until the end.
Wondering how do I convert QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks Desktop? Give us a call on our support number 1.800.579.9430 to get help from certified QuickBooks experts
Things You Need To Consider Before You Export QuickBooks Online Company File To The Desktop Version:
To export QuickBooks Online to Desktop smoothly, you need to ensure the below-given points:
- QuickBooks Online is not compatible with the 64-bit version of the Internet Explorer in Windows 7. Therefore, it is recommended to use the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer.
- You need to log in as an Administrator on both the version of QuickBooks (Online & Desktop) as QuickBooks data conversion is a crucial task.
- On getting “Can’t install ActiveX control in Internet Explorer when exporting QuickBooks Online data.” error message, you can dial our data conversion helpline number 1.800.579.9430.
Steps To Convert QuickBooks Online Company File to QuickBooks Desktop
Now that you know the QuickBooks Online to Desktop conversion limitations, proceed to Convert QuickBooks Online File to QuickBooks Desktop by following the below-given steps:
Step 1: Configure Your Internet Explorer Settings
You need to configure the Internet Explorer security settings to favor the data conversion from QuickBooks Online to Desktop. Follow the below-given steps:
- Right-click Internet Explorer icon and select run as administrator option
- Now select Tools and then further select Internet Options
- Proceeding further, select Security And Trusted Sites option.
- Now select Sites and enter *.intuit.com *.qbo.intuit.com in the add this website to the zone field option.
- Next, you need to uncheck the box to Require server verification for all sites in this zone.
- Close the window of the trusted site and then unmark the checkbox for enabling protected mode
- Close Apply and then hit OK.
- Finally, leave the Internet Explorer and proceed to the next step to convert QBO File to QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 2: Set Up QuickBooks Desktop For Export
This step will explain how to import QBO files into QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the below-given steps:
- Right-click QuickBooks icon and select run as administrator option
- If QuickBooks Desktop is not installed, you need to download the trial version.
- Next, you need to visit the file and select the close company option.
- Leave the QuickBooks application after performing all the required steps.
Step 3: Prepare To Export The QuickBooks Online Data
When the data is ready to export, you will receive an email for the same. It can be done in a few minutes or may take hours for companies with multiple transactions.
Step 4: Complete The Data Export Process
- Go to the export page and prepare to export the QuickBooks Online data.
- Download the QuickBooks Online data and select convert now
- In the create a new QuickBooks file window, the user needs to give the file a name and then choose a location to save it.
Step 5: Verify The Exported QuickBooks Online Data
Now that you are aware of how to convert from QB Online to Desktop, use the profit and loss report to ensure that the books match. Run the report, both on Quickbooks Online and Desktop to compare that both give the same result.
Step 6: Cancel QBO Subscription Service
When you convert QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks Desktop successfully, cancel your QuickBooks Online subscription, if it is of no use to you.
Need Help From Certified QB Experts?
The steps described in this post can help you in accomplishing the QuickBooks Online download to the Desktop version. If you need help from qualified QuickBooks professionals, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430. On connecting, you can convert QuickBooks Online file to QuickBooks Desktop by our intelligible guidance.