Update Intuit Data Protect service works with the QuickBooks application to backup your crucial financial data and prevent it from any disruption. However, if you are using an outdated version of the QuickBooks application or Intuit Data Protect, then various technical issues can come into sight. On the other hand, using the latest updated IDP ensures the optimal performance of the service. There are several other reasons you should update your Intuit Data Protect to the latest release. This article elaborates on how to update Intuit Data Protect to the attest release. Let’s proceed!
Wondering how do I update QuickBooks Data Protect? Dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147 and get the relevant assistance from certified professionals
Why Is It Important To Update IDP On Windows?
Updating an application ensures its utmost performance and prevents it from various security threats. Updating IDT can improve its security, enhance the performance, and prevent your financial information from potential threats. Below are some other benefits of updating Intuit Data Protect:
- Advanced security to prevent any security breach on your crucial financial data
- Enhanced performance of the QuickBooks application
- Installation of the latest updates ensures the smooth data backup
- Better data security and prevention of data loss
- Better performance on different operating systems
System Requirements For Installing Intuit Data Protect Updates
Check the below-given system requirement list before you get the latest version of Intuit Data Protect:
- Windows 7 or later versions of the Windows operating system (8.1, or 10)
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
System Hardware Requirements:
- Minimum of 4GB RAM
- 4 GHz processor
- 5GB of free disk space
- If installing updates from CD, 4X DVD-ROM drive is required
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024
Steps To Update Intuit Data Protect Inbuild With QuickBooks
Now that you know the minimum system requirements for installing IDP, follow the below-given steps to update IDT service in QuickBooks:
- Launch QuickBooks software and from under the Help tab, click Update QuickBooks
- Now make sure that Data Protect check-box is marked under the Update now tab
- Click Get Updates
- Wait until the updates are downloaded and reinstall QuickBooks to install the updates
Steps To Update IDP Installed On Windows
To update the external Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks, follow the below-listed steps:
- Open Task Bar and click green color IDP icon located at the bottom right side
- Now click on About Intuit Data Protect option
- Make sure that you are using QuickBooks Desktop 2016 or later version
- Click Update, and it will open the Update Intuit Data Protect after a few minutes
- Hit OK and restart QuickBooks
The above-described steps can help you to understand how to get the latest version of the Intuit Data Protect. This subscription-based back-up providing service from Intuit can keep your crucial accounting data secure from all security risks.
Can’t back up with Intuit Data Protect?
If you are facing any technical difficulty in updating Intuit Data Protect, feel free to give us a call on our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.800.417.5147. In no time, you will be connected to one of our dedicated QuickBooks professionals. Get the issues resolved and update Intuit Data Protect with the comprehensive assistance of our ProAdvisor.