Sorry we need to verify your subscription QuickBooks! You may receive this error message while updating your QuickBooks Desktop. The subscription term gets renewed if you have subscribed to the Intuit payroll services for QuickBooks Desktop. When the subscription term is renewed, it debits from your bank account or credit card automatically. Once your transaction is done, an invoice alert is sent to the billing contact via email. However, if the transaction fails, you may see this error message- “Sorry, it looks like your subscription has lapsed.” In addition to that, the user also receives alerts to update the billing data or they may also verify the subscription along with the error message. There may be several reasons due to which you are getting the error message.
This blog is a discussion on the relevant information related to a lapsed QuickBooks subscription error message and how it can be prevented. Need help from the experts on receiving QuickBooks subscription verification alert? Give us a call on our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147
What Are The Main Reasons Behind “Sorry We Need to Verify Your Subscription QuickBooks”:
“It is likely to be found that your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed because of some reason.” To find the reasons, check the below-given list-
- It might happen due to an outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop that is not updated to the latest version
- Also, the reason might be an unstable Internet connection, due to which the QuickBooks subscription is inactive error may occur
- The billing information or the credit card associated with the subscription is not updated.
How Can you fix the QuickBooks Desktop Subscription Has Lapsed?
“Sorry We Need to Verify your Subscription QuickBooks ” error message can disable you from the renewal of the service term. Therefore, you need to fix the error as soon as possible-
Solution 1: Update Billing Information In CAMP
CAMP in QuickBooks stands for Customer Account Management Portal, where you can update your billing information to resume your services.
- Go to https:camps.intuit.com and log in your account using the right credentials
- After that, go through the subscription or product for which the payment method needs to be edited
- Once done, you must track Product details for the Billing Information and then select Edit
- Then, you have to update your billing information without making any keypunching error
- Hit Save & Close
- After closing, Sync your license data online to finish the task
Are you Still getting QuickBooks Enterprise subscription has lapsed error message? Try the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks To The Latest Release
The arrival of the error can also be credited to an outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop. You must always Update QuickBooks Desktop as per the latest version to avoid seeing QuickBooks subscription has lapsed error message.
- Close all the company data and software before you start with the update process
- Now click on the Windows Start icon and type QuickBooks Desktop in the Search programs and files box
- Once you find it, right-click on the icon displayed and select Run as administrator
- Track the No Company Open screen for Help option and then select Update QuickBooks
- Select Mark All in Options tab and then select Save to proceed
- Now under Update Now tab, checkmark the box for Reset Update
- Select Get Updates and close QuickBooks after the update finished
- Restart QuickBooks and install the updates.
Right after updating the program, verify if the QuickBooks subscription has a lapsed error message that is not resolved. If not, follow the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 3: Delete Damaged .ECML File
The QuickBooks Entitlement file contains the encrypted information of QuickBooks Desktop installation. When the file is damaged, you may face the subscription renewal error in QuickBooks. You may solve the error by deleting damaged .ECML File.
- Quit QuickBooks Desktop and close all the QuickBooks processes
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard and insert C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) when the Run box opens
- Hit OK
- Find EntitlementDataStore.ecml in the new pop-up window, right-click on it and select Delete from the drop-down.
Solution 4: Create A New Windows Admin User
- Create a Windows user and provide the admin rights to it.
- Install or update QuickBooks again.
Not Able To Renew Your Lapsed QuickBooks Subscription!
If you cannot renew your lapsed QuickBooks subscription after performing all the above-listed steps, connect with a QB expert without wasting a minute. Dial our support number 1.800.417.5147 to get legit support from tech-geeks. The error message “sorry we need to verify your subscription – QuickBooks” will also be resolved guaranteed.