QuickBooks Error 1642 is linked to QuickBooks point of sale which is one of the many versions of QuickBooks Desktop. Regular updates in the application are important so that glitches that affect the user experience can be fixed from the backend. But, when QuickBooks Installation Error 1642 appears, not letting the updates happen, the situation can be quite frustrating.
Our experts through this article are going to share solutions to solve the infuriating error 1642 in QuickBooks. The article also contains a listicle describing possible reasons for the error to take place. Let’s start with the triggers of the error before jumping on to the solutions.
For those of you who want to let experts deal with the problem, fearing loss of critical data, you must call our Expert technical team on +1 800-579-9430. For others, you can move ahead and navigate through the methods listed below and get rid of the issue
What has triggered Error 1642 QuickBooks?
- Issues with Microsoft Windows components such as .NET Framework.
- Some essential installation files are missing, which has led to QuickBooks 1642.
- The system where you are working has got infected by a virus disrupting the working of the operating system.
- It is possible that QuickBooks Error 1642 is happening because the downloaded file of QuickBooks is corrupted.
- Another reason for the error is the corruption of the Microsoft Windows installer.
- You do not have the required permissions to install the QuickBooks software on the Operating System.
- When all computer files are locked, resulting in the error.
What can I do to easily solve QB Error Code 1642?
Coming to the section that you have been waiting for, solutions for QB Error Code 1642. The methods given below are pretty easy to follow and have been curated for easy execution. As a QuickBooks user, you want to get back to normal working on the application, and fixing this error might be your top priority. If so, then keep on reading and fix the error 1642 manually.
- You must go online and download & install the QBInstallTool.exe file (648 KB) on your system.
- Moving ahead, you have to apply and save changes on this file to the QB desktop.
- Once you double-click on the file, it will run QBInstallTool.exe.
- Let it run, and finally, click on OK.
- See if the installation error 1642 still persists.
Pursue the next step if the error continues to occur.
- As the first step in this method, you have to select the installation type and select CD or folder to install QuickBooks Software.
- Next, choose the CD or folder on your system.
- Bring the installation of the window to a stop by hitting on the Alt + F4 keys.
- In the search bar, enter msiexec.exe/fvaum “D:Quickbooksmsxml.msi.”
- You must follow the instructions given below for the installation of the MSXML 4.0.
If you have Windows 7 or Vista:
- Click on the Start Key button.
- Type in msiexec.exe /fvaum “D:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi” into the search field.
- If your CD drive is different, then replace it by mentioning letter D.
If you have Windows XP:
- Click on the Start key.
- You must put msiexec.exe /fvaum “D:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi” when the blank screen appears or open the field by pressing the OK key.
QuickBooks Clean install tool helps you to rectify basic errors that may take place in the application. The steps given below are going to help you in correctly installing QuickBooks and hence fix QuickBooks Error 1642.
Step 1: Get Started with a Clean Install
- If you have not done the basic reinstallation of the software, then do it now by following the steps.
- By doing this, you start afresh and negate the reasons because of which the error is taking place.
- If you are not able to do your work in it till then, you have to perform the other steps given below, that is, reinstall the QuickBooks for your Windows using QuickBooks clean install tool.
Step 2: Collect all the required QB information and backup the data
- Using the browser, download the new installation file that is of the latest QB version.
- Keep the License number handy before starting the Clean Install tool.
- Additionally, note down the year and the version of the QuickBooks Desktop software that your system has.
- It is essential to backup your company file and save the work done till now.
Read more :- QuickBooks Error 404 Troubleshoot With Easy Steps
Step 3: Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- Move to the Start menu to reach the Control Panel.
- From there, move to Programs and then select the option of Uninstall a Program.
- A list of downloaded applications on your system will open up.
- You have to search and click on the QuickBooks desktop version that is causing the QuickBooks Error 1642.
- Once you have found it, click on Uninstall/Change.
- The steps on the screen will guide you to now follow the instructions.
Step 4: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- QuickBooks Tool Hub tool helps you in resolving all the errors that happen frequently or are typical.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save it to an accessible location to which you have rights to access.
- The file is saved as a .exe file.
- Instructions come up on the screen that will guide you on how to install the tool.
- After this, you have to accept the Terms and Conditions that appear, and this will complete the installation.
- Double-click on the Start menu to open and run the Tool hub.
Step 5: Run the Clean Install tool
- Click on QuickBooks Tools Hub and then on installation issues.
- Press the option of the Clean Install tool and click on OK.
- Enter the information as asked, such as product and software version
- With the Continue button, proceed where a message appears – “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location.”
- The QuickBooks clean install tool will rename your previous folders by adding the old as the suffix.
Reinstall QuickBooks software
- Once through the steps, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- All the issues, such as QuickBooks Error 1642, will be resolved, and you can easily do your work on your QuickBooks desktop software.
With these three solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 1642, you should be good to go with the normal functioning of the application. If the error seems to appear every now and then with no way out, it is an indication that expert help is required. Dial +1 800-579-9430 and let the support team handle the situation for you.
Read more :- Best Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 140015