TurboTax error code 1921 can be cited while updating the application to the latest release. When the error occurs, you may not be able to utilize the improved features of TurboTax software. Also, you will see an error message on your screen that reads, “Error 1921: Service ‘Intuit Update Service’ (IntuitUpdateService) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.” The damaged Microsoft .NET Framework is one of the most common reasons behind the error code 1921. In this post, we will discuss the possible reasons behind the QuickBooks error 1921 and fix them using effective troubleshooting procedures.
Annnoyed with TurboTax update problems? Give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147 to get immediate technical assistance from experts
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind TurboTax Update Error 1921?
TurboTax error code can come into sight due to several reasons as stated in the below-given list:
- The corrupt download of the application can promote error 1921 in TurboTax.
- Infection caused due to virus or malware attacks.
- Unintentional deletion of the essential TurboTax related file.
- Corruption in Windows Registry can also evoke TurboTax error code 1921.
- Partial or damaged installation of the application.
How To Troubleshoot TurboTax Update Error Code 1921?
Knowing the possible reasons behind the error can make the troubleshooting a cakewalk. Follow the below-given solutions carefully to get rid of TurboTax error code 1921:
Solution 1: Close The Programs Interfering With The Update Process
To terminate the conflicting programs, follow the below-described steps:
- Press CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard simultaneously and it will open the Task Manager
- Now go to the processes tab
- Highlight each program and then click stop programs.
- Next, you need to click on “end processes” button.
- You need to observe the error message if it appears again and again.
- Once, you have identified the program that is causing the TurboTax error code 1921; you need to re-install the application.
Solution 2: Update/Reinstall Conflicting Program
To accomplish this task, follow the below-given steps:
- Click the Start button on your Windows and click Control Panel. Now click, Uninstall a Program option.
- If you are using Windows 8, click the Start button on your Desktop and then click the result. Next, click Uninstall a Program.
- After that, you need to click on the program problem.
- Next, click on update or uninstall the program.
- If you select the Update, then follow the on-screen instructions for updating the application.
- If you choose to uninstall the program, follow the on-screen instructions carefully. Once the uninstall is done, re-download the application.
- You may also utilize the installation disk to re-install the conflicting application.
If TurboTax error code 1921 continues, try the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 3: Run Disk Clean Up
Less free space on the computer can also promote the TurboTax error 1921. To free up the required space, run the Windows disk cleanup by following the below-given steps:
- Before you proceed, create a backup of your file to avoid permanent data loss.
- Once you are done, clear the cache and reboot your system.
- You may now run the disk cleanup to free up the required space on your computer.
- Open the explorer window and right-click on your main directory.
- In the end, click Properties and click Disk Cleanup to finish the task.
Read More: How To Handle QuickBooks File Doctor Errors?
Option 4: Updating Microsoft .NET Framework
The error may occur due to a fault in the .NET Framework and updating it may resolve the issue. Also, if the files have gone corrupt, it can affect other programs as well. Following are the steps to update it:
- Open the Microsoft Official website.
- Find the installer for Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Click on the download button.
- Start the installation after downloading.
- Look for the downloaded file and double-click on it.
- Restart the system and open Turbo Tax.
Now, check if you’re able to update your workstation. If yes, then the error is fixed, else try the following method.
Option 6: Update your Windows
Each program is set to run on the latest version of Windows as some features can only work on the updated version of Windows and updating it may resolve the problem. Given below are the steps to check for update:
- Right-click on the Start menu.
- Select Windows Powershell (Admin).
- Write “cmd” in the Powershell Console.
- The Powershell will take some time to switch to the cmd window.
- Enter the exe/updatenow in the command and press Enter.
- You will find if there are any new updates available.
These steps can help you in the resolution of TurboTax error code 1921. If the error continues, or any of the discussed troubleshooting procedure is not clear to you, give us a call on our helpline number 1.800.417.5147 and talk to an experienced expert. Describe the symptoms of TurboTax error code 1921 you are receiving and get instant help in the resolution of TurboTax error code 1921.