QuickBooks error 6150 is among the widely reported issue by QuickBooks users. Let us plunge into the insights into the error through this guide. Uncover the depths of what the error entails, why it occurs, and ways to fix it effectively.
QuickBooks Error 6150 1006 (QuickBooks Desktop) takes place when a QB user tries to create, open, or use a QuickBooks company file. This error code belongs to error code series 6000, which incorporates errors related to company file access. You will receive an error message immediately when it occurs- “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file“. The error: 6150 depicts that the company file has some issues that need to be fixed. This blog will assist you in knowing the error better and implementing effective fixes for error-free functioning.
Feeling annoyed with QuickBooks Desktop error 6150 1006? Get the required troubleshooting assistance by dialing our QuickBooks error support number 1.800.417.5147
What does QuickBooks Error 6150 Mean?
Error 6150 QuickBooks emerges while opening, using, and creating company files. It indicates problems with your company file, which needs a proper fix. The error message accompanying the glitch states, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes (-6150, -1006).
The error 6150 1006 QuickBooks message gives users two options. One is to start identifying the cause and rectifying it. The other one states cancel to dismiss the notification. If you choose the latter, it’s possible to get repeated error notifications pop-up on the screen. Also, other possible symptoms may hamper your performance. On the other hand, if you let the diagnosis begin, it may or may not lead you to a proper resolution.
In this guide, we will offer you troubleshooting methods when the Start option on the error code 6150 QuickBooks doesn’t work.
What are the Reasons for Error Code 6150 in QuickBooks
If you see QuickBooks error 6150 on your screen, then any of the below-given reasons is promoting the error while accessing the company file.
- The file with the .QBW extension is corrupted.
- Incorrect installation of the QB desktop.
- Using the wrong extension for the QB company file.
- An attempt to open .QBM(portable file) when QuickBooks is not yet opened.
- A virus can also damage the company file, resulting in QuickBooks error 6150.
- A damaged Windows registry can be a cause of error 6150 QuickBooks Desktop.
- A DECRYPT_INSTRUCTIONS (.txt or .html) document in the same folder as the QuickBooks company file indicates an infected system.
- The CryptoWall virus may trigger error 6150, harming QB company files and other apps and programs.
- Severe corruption may not get resolved by Intuit Data Services.
- Accidental deletion of the crucial DLL files can lead to error code 6150 QuickBooks Desktop.
- Restoring a backup file from QuickBooks for Mac in Windows can lead to this error.
This error can lead to significant problems for users. Let’s read into the signs left by the error 6150 1006 QuickBooks Desktop.
What Are The Symptoms To Determine QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6150?
Error 6150 in QuickBooks crashes an active window in the first place. Other symptoms of the error can be observed as-
- Instant error message on the screen with error 6150.
- Active window crashes as soon as the error occurs.
- The system crashes every time you try to open the same program.
- The usual performance of the computer gets lowered.
- You may experience frequent freezing and no response to mouse and keyboard instructions.
- It is not possible to use your company file without problems because of the error message 6150 QuickBooks.
These consequences may be harsh to bear. So users must look into the following troubleshooting methods to repair error message 6150.
How do I Fix QuickBooks Error 6150 1006?
Now that you have seen the possible causes and symptoms of the QuickBooks company file access error 6150, let’s begin with the troubleshooting solutions.
Solution 1: Open Company File from a Different Location
If you can open the company file from a different location successfully, it means that the location of the company file is damaged and needs to be repaired. Create a new folder on your desktop and then copy and move the company file to the newly created folder. Then move the file back to its original location. Again, try to open the file to see if you are getting error code 6150 QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Create a Fresh QuickBooks Company File from Scratch
You may create a new company file from scratch by these steps-
- In QuickBooks Desktop, Navigate to the No Company Open window and create a new company file
- Now go to the QuickBooks Setup window and provide the required information
- Choose to create a company
If you continue getting error 6150 1006 QuickBooks, then jump to the next solution.
Solution 3: Make Use Of the Auto Data Recovery Tool
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool remakes the lost transaction using current Transaction Log files and a copy of the company file. Except for the last hours of transactions, complete data loss can be recovered using the ADR Tool. However, there are some limitations to using the tool, as given below-
- ADR tool is only applicable to QuickBooks Pro, Premier, & Enterprise
- It is not compatible with QuickBooks Accountants.
- You also need to keep the file size into consideration, which should not exceed 1.5 GB
Solution 4: Check if your system is infected with CryptoWall
Cryptowall is derived from ransomware. But whenever the system gets infected with this type of infamous program, you might get Error 6150. The Steps mentioned below help you verify whether your system has a crypto wall malicious program:
- Begin with Closing all the Running windows related to QuickBooks.
- Now, Navigate to the company file directory.
- At Last, In the Company File directory, if you notice any file, either files decrypted or with an extension (txt or HTML).
Your system may be fine if you don’t find any encrypted files. But if you see them, you need to clean these files from the system to fix them. Check if you are getting error 6150 in QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 5: Repair the Damage Network Descriptor file
Removing the ND file can help you to fix Error -6150 to some extent, and the steps we have enlisted below:
- First and Foremost, Begin with Terminating all currently running processes of QB.
- Afterward, you go to the Directory.
Usually, the company file is located in the C :\
- Now, You need to look up the file with an extension .ND (Network Data).
- In The End, You need to Delete the file to repair it when you keep getting error code 6150 in QuickBooks.
Solution 6: Use Verify/ Rebuild Data Tool
Verify and Rebuild data Tool can also help you with any error or integrity problem within your company file. Thus, verifying company file data and then rebuilding steps are mentioned below.
- Click on File.
- Hover the mouse on the utility.
- Click on verify data, and Browse the file.
- Click on File.
- Hover the mouse onto the utility.
- But this time, choose for rebuild option.
- It will prompt a wizard to back up your company file. Click next.
Solution 7: Run Quick Fix my program from Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub presents its users with an amazing utility that helps fix performance issues like sluggish behavior and frequent crashing. It is known as Quick Fix My Program. Let’s look into the steps below:
- To Download QuickBooks Tool Hub, Click on the Download Now Link.
- Next, Double click on the Tool Hub setup Files to start the installation.
- Accept all terms and conditions and click on Finish.
- Now, Right-click the Tool Hub Icon on the Desktop and select Run as an administrator.
- Select the Program problems option from the Tool hub Home screen.
- Next, Choose Quick Fix my program.
- Quick Fix my program may take around 10 to 15 minutes to repair QB.
Solution 8: Restore the Backup of the Company File
Restoring the backup of the company file on the device will help you fix QuickBooks error 6150 1006. The steps for this solution are as follows:
- In the QuickBooks application, go to the File menu and select the Open or Restore company option.
- Next, choose the Open or Restore a Backup Copy option and continue further.
- Opt for Local Backup > Next.
- Now choose the location of the backup company file from the drop-down menu.
- Select the backup file > click Open > and hit Next.
- Further, it would help if you chose the place where you want to restore the file and save this location by finding one from the drop-down list.
- Next, form a new file name by filling in the file name field and save the file with the QuickBooks files (.QBW) extension.
- End the process by saving these effects and responding to the on-screen pop-ups appropriately for successful restoration.
Solution 9: Use QuickBooks File Doctor to Fix QuickBooks error 6150
Because error 6150 strikes your system and affects using your company file, you need to use QuickBooks File Doctor from the tool hub to fix your issues. Do so as follows:
- First, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the authentic Intuit website.
- Either store the file in the default downloads location or browse to find an accessible place.
- Once you save your file, you need to head to this location.
- Find and double-tap the tool hub executable file known as QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Execute all the prompts on the screen for a successful installation.
- Now, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the Company File Issues tab.
- Select the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and let it find your company file.
- If it doesn’t find it automatically, you can choose the Browse option and locate it manually.
- Then, start scanning and repairing your QB company file.
Solution 10: Modify the name of your damaged files
Your QuickBooks application may have damaged Network Descriptor and Transaction Log files that may be causing problems. You need to change the name of these files to push QuickBooks to create new files. These will be error-free and without damage. The steps modify the names of the aforementioned files are as follows:
- In the same location as your company file, you will find ND and TLG files. The name of these files will be companyfilename.qbw.nd and companyfilename.qbw.tlg.
- Find and right-click these files and add .old at the end of their name. It will become companyfilename.qbw.nd.old and companyfilename.qbw.tlg.old.
- Save these changes and see if you still get error 6150 QB Desktop.
Solution 11: Use the Clean Install Tool from Tool Hub
In QuickBooks Tool Hub, you will find tools that will help you fix installation errors. Go to the Installation Issues section and find the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and Clean Install Tool. Use them to repair your QB files and improper installation.
Solution 12: Repair QuickBooks Desktop
You can fix QuickBooks Error 6150 by repairing the QB Desktop from the Control Panel. It will rectify any problems with the app. The steps involved are as follows:
- Access your system’s Control Panel from the Start menu, Run window, or desktop.
- Tap the Uninstall/ Change a program option under the Programs and Features tab.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop from the various applications in the list of installed programs.
- Initiate the steps that enable you to repair QB Desktop.
- Finish it and see if any errors appear.
Solution 13: Undertake an SFC scan
The System File Checker utility will help you fix any issues your QuickBooks application may have. Use this as follows:
- First, launch the Run Window by holding the Windows logo and R keys simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Now, type cmd as the command in the Run window.
- Do not press Enter. Instead, press Ctrl and Shift keys on the keyboard and then hit the Enter key.
- It will let the Command Prompt window run with administrative rights.
- Now that the cmd window is open type SFC/Scannow in the blank space.
- Let the repair process begin. It will diagnose and fix all the issues.
- In the end, check if errors persist while running QuickBooks.
Solution 14: Update the QuickBooks application
Ensure your QuickBooks application is not outdated. If it is, you need to download the latest updates. The steps to do the above-mentioned are as follows:
- Open your QB Desktop application and visit the Help menu.
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop, followed by selecting the available updates.
- Hit the Get Updates and Update now options and let the updates download and install correctly.
- Once done, you can use QuickBooks Desktop and company files easily.
Closure for QuickBooks Error 6150
If you see the error code 6150 again after trying everything, then it is wise to contact a professional for the error resolution and save your crucial time. Dial our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.417.5147, and qualified professionals will come to your rescue at a minute’s notice. They will provide you with intelligible troubleshooting assistance until Intuit QB error 6150 is fixed.
Recovering lost data is challenging with the Auto Recovery tool in QB Pro, Premier, and Enterprise solutions. This tool doesn’t work with accountant solutions. Moreover, there are limitations to the file size (restricted to 1.5 GB only). Also, it functions effectively when the QB app is updated to the latest version.
Malware can make it challenging for any program, including QuickBooks, to run efficiently. An effective anti-virus system is necessary to detect such threats in the system. If the scan shows any virus infecting the system, remove it immediately and then try to open your QuickBooks files.
When CryptoWall virus causes error 6150 1006 QuickBooks, you need to fix the problem by checking the virus as follows:
1. Go to the Windows start menu and type File Explorer.
2. Open the File Explorer.
3. Look for the QB folder, which is usually in the C drive.
4. Find files with words like decrypt or instructions and with .txt or .html extensions.
You can remove the CryptoWall virus by contacting your antivirus provider. Intuit Data Services won’t be able to fix these infected files.
If none of the methods in the post help you, undertake reinstallation of QB Desktop in selective startup.
1. First, you need to switch to selective startup through the run window.
2. Type msconfig and hit enter.
5. Choose Windows Installer, then uncheck the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
6. Save these modifications and restart your system.
8. After you’re finished, switch to normal mode in the same manner.
See if error 6150 persists.