QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 is a perplexing technical error code that you may encounter while using the application. QuickBooks Web Connector is developed by Microsoft to initiate data sharing between different editions of the software hosted on the web. Web connectors also enable QB Desktop and POS to communicate with the third-party applications. Whenever the QWCLOG.TXT file that web connector uses gets damaged, you are likely to see Quickbooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085. In this blog, we will talk about the error code, its causes, and troubleshooting steps in detail.
Stuck with QBWC 1085 error and searching for relevant help? Give us a call at our QuickBooks error support number1.800.579.9430, and one of our dedicated professionals will look into the matter in no time
What Does it Mean to have QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085?
You may face QuickBooks Web Connector error while opening your QB Desktop software, or the system having QuickBooks Enterprise installed. The error can also appear while attempting to login to your QuickBooks account online. There are different variants of the QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 as listed below-
- QBWC1085: You will see the error description as – Exception Type Error: Unknown name
- QBWC1085: The error message will suggest you that there was a problem that occurred with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
- QBWC1085: The error message says- QuickBooks was not able to write to the log file and will continue without the log file
Imaginable Reasons that can Trigger QB Web Connector Error in QB:
Now that you are aware of the various scenarios of the QB web connector error QBWC1085 let’s find its possible causes-
- Web connector utilizes the QBWCLOG.TXT file to connect the third-party applications. When this file gets corrupt or damaged, then Web Connector finds it challenging to communicate with the applications, and QBWC 1085 occurs.
- When the QBWCLOG.TXT file is missing from the system, and Web Connector is not able to find it to communicate. In this condition, your accounting is prone to QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1085.
How to Correct the “QuickBooks Web Connector Has Stopped Working” Error?
By knowing what causes the error 1085 related to the Web Connector, it becomes a cakewalk to eradicate the trouble. Follow the below-given solutions and report if the QuickBooks error 1085 is fixed.
Solution 1: Delete QuickBooks Web Connector File From Computer
Before you eliminate QuickBooks web connector from the startup menu, make sure that your QuickBooks Desktop is not in communication with any web-based third party application. Now you can proceed to implement the below-listed steps-
- Login to your computer with the administrator account.
- Find the startup files using path – C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- Now, delete the QuickBooks Web Connector file when found.
- Open the computer and run the program as administrator.
- Check the status of QuickBooks error.
If the QuickBooks web connector error resumes after implementing this method, then you need to follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Rename QBWCLOG.TXT File Used by Web Connector
The above-provided solution is suitable for the condition when QuickBooks Desktop is not communicating with any third-party applications. But if it is connected with any of the applications, then you need to follow these steps-
- Terminate all the web connectors and active QuickBooks windows, to begin with the process.
- Now follow the right path to find the QuickBooks web connector file.
- Once found, rename the log file to QBWCLOGOLD.TXT and then press Enter.
- Restart your system after saving the changes you have made.
- Open Web Connector and QB Desktop Software once again.
- Now, you can log in as an administrator to communicate with the required third-party application.
You can conquer the error by performing these two effective solutions. There are various other incidents similar to the QB Web connector error that you may experience while connecting with the third party applications. To get comprehensive support for the error code and other similar errors, you can contact our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.800.579.9430. One of our dedicated tech-geeks will assist you with the step-by-step solution until the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 is fixed.