QuickBooks is a broadly used accounting software with an enormous user base. The authorities always make sure to deliver nothing but excellence. Still, due to some technological loopholes, either from the users’ end or the authorities’ Users often face a wide range of errors. One such error is QuickBooks unable to send invoices. This error can be a massive hurdle in the functioning of this software since it prohibits users from Sending the invoices. This error can disturb regular business tasks such as huge transactions, bill issuing, sending or receiving payments, and more. Therefore it is imperative to eliminate this error by employing the correct solutions. If you want to overcome this error, you’ve landed on the right blog; in this blog below, you will find everything about this error ranging from causes to troubleshooting solutions.
Eradication of such errors can be time-consuming, challenging, and confusing. To immediately overcome it, call our support team at +1 800-579-9430 and let them aid you in eliminating this error in no time
Causes for the ‘QuickBooks Unable to Send Invoices’ Issue
Every technical glitch has a reason behind it and it is necessary for the users to learn about those reasons. The inside-out knowledge of this error assists users in finding the correct solution and the troubleshooting become quicker and easier. Refer to the causes given down below.
- You are not employing the appropriate email preferences, or your email configuration is incorrect.
- There could be an installation issue with the QuickBooks software due to which the software wasn’t installed correctly, or there was a corrupted installation.
- A blocked domain administrator can also provoke this error.
- Wrong configuration or incorrect email service provider settings can also lead to this error.
These four can be the primary reasons behind this error. Since it is a technical glitch, many more technical aspects can be bound to it.
Solutions for the QuickBooks Unable to Send Invoices Issue
Payroll is a crucial component in QuickBooks and is affiliated with several vital data along with fragile information of the firm. It is of the essence to utilize very precise, trusted, and result-driven solutions to overcome the QuickBooks invoice error. Hence we have curated the most efficient solutions for you, which are verified, tried, and tested by the experts. Follow every step very precisely to terminate this error.
Modifying the email preferences means we need to change the server name of the email provider as per the guidelines. The modifications of the email must be such that it must sync with the QuickBooks configuration. Follow the steps below for more details.
- Open your system’s Microsoft Outlook and select the ‘edit’ option.
- From there, you need to go to the ‘preferences’ tab; on the left, you need to click on ‘my preferences.’
- Again click on ‘edit’ on tap on ‘default.’
- Ensure that the name of the ‘email provider server’ matches with the ‘server name’ given in the field of the application.
- Modify the server name from ‘smtp.mail.outlook.com’ to ‘intuit.smtp.mail.outlook.com.’
- Save the changes and confirm that the enhanced security option has been selected.
Note- Please use the correct password for the email, or you will again receive an error for using the incorrect password. Always enter corrected credentials whenever asked.
To confirm that this solution has worked, follow the steps below.
- Go to the ‘file’ menu and select the ‘close company’ option.
- Tap on open a ‘sample file’ and with this option you will find under the ‘no company open’ window.
- Select the company file that you want to access.
- Finally, settle the email service provider settings in QuickBooks and try sending the invoices through email.
The install diagnostic tool is an automated diagnostic tool recognized for rectifying and fixing all the errors related to network, company files, payroll, invoices, and more. Follow the steps given below to know how you can use this tool.
- From the official website of INTUIT, you need to install the QuickBooks tool hub.
- QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is a part of the QuickBooks tool hub, so it is necessary to establish the tool hub first.
- After the installation is completed, save the file so you can easily access it later.
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub, and you will see some instructions on your screen.
- Abide by those instructions and follow every step correctly to set up the software.
- Finally, open QuickBooks, run the install diagnostic tool and allow it to scan and settle all the errors.
- Try sending the invoices to ensure that this error is fixed.
As the title conveys, we need to modify the email sending process by automating it. This solution is mainly applicable to Mac users. Cling to the steps below to execute this solution.
- Go to the ‘start’ menu and search for the ‘system preferences.’
- Under which you have to choose the ‘security and privacy option.
- You will see an option of ‘automation’ and click on it.
- Then open the mail application in which you need to open the ‘QuickBooks Mac 2020.’
- Now navigate the invoice you want to send and then click on the envelope icon to send the email.
- Check that you have a stable Internet connection and see if the email is sent or not.
Sometimes the medium we employ to send across the invoice is incorrect. The primary way we can use to send an invoice is via a PDF attachment, and here is how you can do so.
- In the QuickBooks software, navigate the invoice that you want to send and then click on the print icon.
- Select the PDF option and save it as a PDF.
- Try sending the invoice as a PDF attachment.
These four solutions can be at your disposal in terminating the QuickBooks unable to send invoices error. Even after the implementation of these four solutions if you are not able to find your way out of this error, then you may immediately get in touch with the experts. Dial +1 800-579-9430 and get in touch with our support team now.