QuickBooks scheduled payroll dates wrong issue can be triggered by due to several reasons such as, incorrect payroll schedule, running an unscheduled payroll erroneously, and entering incorrect pay period dates in QuickBooks Payroll while creating paychecks. If you also make payments using paychecks, then you need to check all the three points before you print the paycheck: Otherwise, you will have to print the paycheck. In case, a paycheck is printed with the wrong payroll period, then follow this post until the end, for the error-resolution.
Wondering how to change the payroll date in QuickBooks? Dial Our support number (800)-579-9430 to get the relevant assistance from our QB tech-wizards
How Do I Correct A Payroll Check In QuickBooks?
If you have accidentally printed a paycheck with an incorrect pay period, you will need to void the paycheck and recreate the paycheck that will incur an additional fee for the amendment payroll fee. To resolve the QuickBooks scheduled payroll dates wrong issue, follow the below-given solutions:
Method 1: Edit The Memo On Paychecks That Have Been Transmitted
If the paychecks with incorrect pay period dates are not transmitted, then you can edit the pay incorrect pay dates. However, if the paychecks have Green Lighting Bolts on them, it means they are already sent to the Payroll Service. To resolve this issue, you can enter the correct pay period in the memo field manually. This option is better than Voiding and recreating paychecks as it can cost an additional amendment fees of $100. To edit Memo on the transmitted paycheck, follow the below-given steps:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop application and select Employees
- Now select Edit/Void Paychecks from under the Employees tab
- Next, you need to find the paycheck/s that has incorrect pay periods on them
- Double-click the paycheck to open it
- Now in Memo field, you can manually enter the correct pay period dates
- Select Save and Close after entering the correct pay dates and click Yes
- Repeat the same set of steps for the other paychecks that have incorrect pay period dates entered on them
Method 2: Edit Pay period Dates On Paychecks That Are Untransmitted
To fix the wrong direct deposit date and pay dates in the paychecks that have not been transmitted, follow the below-given steps:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop menu and select Employees.
- Now in the Employees tab, select Edit/Void Paychecks.
- Now locate the paycheck/s having incorrect pay period mentioned on them
- Double-click to open the check
- Now go to the bottom right of the Paycheck Summary section and select Paycheck Detail
- Now change the dates in Pay Period fields
- Hit OK and then select Save & Close
- Select Yes to confirm the changes you have made
- Repeat the steps for the other paychecks having wrong pay dates
- Now transmit the corrected paychecks to Intuit
Steps To Edit Paychecks With Incorrect Pay Dates:
If you are not sure how to edit paychecks with incorrect pay dates, check the below-given steps:
- Select Employees in the QuickBooks Desktop menu
- Now select Edit/Void Paychecks
- Find the paycheck/s that need to be edited
- Select Paycheck Detail located at the bottom right of the Paycheck Summary area
- Now enter the correct in the Pay Period field
- Hit OK and then select Save & Close
- Select Yes to save the changes
- Now follow the same steps for all the paychecks that have wrong pay dates
Read More: Why you should prefer QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll Services.
Hope your query “How do I change my pay date in QuickBooks?” is answered correctly in this article. If you need any professional assistance for this QuickBooks Payroll error, feel free to dial our helpline number (800)-579-9430. You will get in touch with our professionals in no time and get help in the resolution of QuickBooks Scheduled Payroll Dates issue.